The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 154 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#39509 - 01/04/05 04:11 PM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Sarahwww, girl don't think of the situation as winners and losers...eeek! You are a winner! Always. I mean you found this site, didn't you? That's a step. I agree with the journaling that Lynn suggested. It's a great start.

Writing is all about getting yourself out there. Being recognized! And this feeds the writer's ego and spurns us on. The ego? Oh hon...we all got um...it's not a bad thing either. It's a combination of pride, style, research, hard work, yada...yada...yada...

One of the things you'll find about writing is this. You need to write every single day. The more you write, the more you WANT to write and the better you get at writing. The more you network, the more venues or doors will be opened for your writing.

There is a critique group here at Boomers that you can joined when ever you want to, and if you are unsure about some faucet of writing, the women in that group can help you I'm sure.

As Nike says, just do it. Hope this helps!

JJ

#39510 - 01/04/05 04:30 PM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Hey Sarahwww. 4 days and counting into the new year. 2005 is the year to write. I know it's hard. If you feel anything like I do, it's like...'dang, I know I'm good at this...why can't I get it together...do I need someone with a gun to my head to make me do this?...why do I keep putting it off....aarrgghh...and on and on. I will tell you about 4 books that I have read recently that have helped me get down to it.
1)Steering the Craft by Ursula leGuinn
2)Breathing In, Breathing Out by Ralph Fletcher
3)The Right to Write by Julia Cameron
4)Chicken Soup for the Writer's Soul by Canfield, Hansen & Gardner.
I've read all these 'multitudinously'(which means I've lost count!) [Eek!] I find them inspirational and motivational;I think you may as well. Also, check out Dotsie's links to the Women's Writers Guilds, the websites of the other members...etc. We're all grown ups now...we ladies can stop competing and start encouraging each other. What's to lose? Good luck in your endeavors. Peace and Success in the New Year. Unique

#39511 - 01/04/05 06:10 PM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
sarahwww Offline

Loc: West TX
I will check out those books, thank you for the suggestions. Well, I kept my writing appointment this morning, wasn't alot but I got 'er done. You folks are so-o-o-o encouraging. I appreciate it so much. It is hard to "put myself out there," but if I don't atleast try, I'll never know what I could have done. Is it awful to be 49 and just now figuring these things out? LOL!

#39512 - 01/04/05 06:52 PM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
sarah, it's not awful, it's just time! Please check out the Recent Reads page on this site. There are lots of excellent books on writing and women at midlife. There are millions of us switching gears and beginning again. Why not join us? You've got the rest of your life girlfriend! It's time to work on YOU!

[ January 04, 2005, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Dotsie ]

#39513 - 01/04/05 09:40 PM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Good luck to anyone building a website. It boggles the mind, but there are certainly some good ones among the boomers.

Does anyone here know how to add a guest page to a website. I think I am using homestead? through geocities. My husband did it, but while I'm laying around I would like to add the guest page myself.

Anyone know how?
smile

#39514 - 01/05/05 06:09 AM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sarah another great, inspirational and very funny book to read is:

Damm! Why Didn't I Write That?
by McCutcheon

Hey and as far as what age we are, NO BIG DEAL, I am just changing from one genre tgo another and I am over 60. I figure good in one why not good in many? Just write even if its only a sentence a day and believe me procrastination is every writers nightmare.... [Eek!]

#39515 - 01/05/05 06:29 AM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
DonnaJ Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Welcome, Sarah! You've come to the right place - or as JJ said, Write place. [Smile]

I'm a big procrastinator, too. I was very good about writing and then submitting for a while, but lately, I write and file away. My goal this year is to submit my stuff. Don't be afraid of those rejections! [Big Grin]

We'll keep you motivated!

#39516 - 01/06/05 06:34 PM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Welcome, Sarahwww! Have you noticed that this forum is ADDICTIVE too? [Big Grin] . I'm glad you joined us.

[Razz] About writing, the more you write, the more you want to write. It's never too late to start and there's always encouragement in this place for boomer friends!

#39517 - 01/07/05 05:08 AM Re: (Jumping right in) New and thinking about...
sarahwww Offline

Loc: West TX
Addictive, you say? Ummmm, would that be like wandering through once, uh, twice, OK, OK 3-4 times a day?? LOL!
Great folks here!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved