The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 191 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#42216 - 02/16/03 03:03 PM Let it Snow!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
If you live in the northeast, and I do, today's the day to make the most of this snow! With a foot on the ground, and another on the way, this is the perfect time to hunker down at home, and/or reach out to neighbors!

Looks like we are all going to have to help each other dig this one out!

One of my favorite childhood memories was a blizzard. All the people on our street gathered to help one another get the cars dug out. After an exhausting day of shoveling, everyone pitched in and we had the best cook-out of my life-time!

One of the families I baby-sat for brought out their grill and everyone else added anything they had in the fridge and kitchen cabinets to make a party. And party we did! Right in the middle of the street!

I have pictures of my friend, who was 15 at the time, dancing under the street light with one of the cool young married men. Remember how there were young couples that you baby-sat for that you thought had it all together?

I also have pictures of sodas and beer just plunked down in snow banks to stay cold, poeple manning the grill, and people pounding one another with snow balls!

All generations carried on like they were teens again, just because a blizzard hit Baltimore!!

I suggest we stay in... or go out... and make memories!

#42217 - 02/16/03 04:24 PM Re: Let it Snow!
countrygirl51 Offline

Loc: Clifton, Ks. USA
That sounds like a lot of fun. I know some of our best parties have been of the spontaneous type. Somehow planning things ahead just always seems to fall apart at the last minute. Either someone gets ill or has to cancel, or people get "cold feet" and decide not to come. But when we have just started in and whoever comes by we invite them, and before long the whole thing "snowballs" into a great party. Its been a long time since we've had one of those parties. Maybe its getting about time to try it again here. We don't have any snow, but we can always pretend. [Wink]

#42218 - 02/17/03 03:00 PM Re: Let it Snow!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
For the record...it is still snowing in Baltimore! Possibly the biggest storm to ever hit out city.

What I find incredibly interesting is the fact that the local news is all about the storm.

What happened to all the hype about code orange, the attacks, pending war, etc.? [Confused]

Media controls way too much of what is on our minds on a daily basis! [Mad]

#42219 - 02/18/03 06:21 AM Re: Let it Snow!
caloona Offline

Loc: baltimore
I've been thinking the same thing. If we are sequestered, and perhaps going a little "batty" because we can't get out of our homes due to the snow, why do we have to be exposed to "snow" inside our homes all day long ?

#42220 - 02/25/03 04:59 AM Re: Let it Snow!
Lasikboomer Offline

Loc: Baltimore
I love the snow and I love a good blizzard...I believe it is God's way of telling us to slow down, take it easy and spend time with family and neighbors. It truly is amazing how everyone (or at least most people) come together in a storm and help each other out. In this time of uncertainty, it is refreshing to see neighbors shoveling the walks of the elderly neighbors, everyone shoveling out our street because the plow still hadn't come, people being conscientious about clearing the storm drains so we could avoid flooding..etc. There is alot of kindness and goodwill in the world...but sometimes we are too busy to see it. I thank God for opportunities that force us to stop and smell the snow.

#42221 - 02/26/03 04:32 AM Re: Let it Snow!
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I agree lasikboomer about the snow telling us to slow down. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed being at home, even if it meant shoveling for hours. It was great to not get up until I wanted to and not be pressured to take care of all the things I usually try to do in a day. It was a great break.

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved