The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 89 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#42241 - 05/14/06 05:45 AM Didn't want to disappear
Wisdom&Life Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, VA
Hi Boomer Comrades,

Back in August I accepted a full time job outside the home. I certainly did not have any intentions of disappearing from here. I try to pop in occasionally and I even posted a couple of times. Only I haven't been active.

Believe it or not, my life has been a roller coaster since I started my job. Especially with my husband and 17 year old daughter. My husband has heart problems and has had a few procedures done, including surgery. At the same time, my daughter had an ovarian cyst and had to have surgery for that. Now we are trying to get her adjusted with BC, and that hasn't been too successful. It has been a little bit of this and a little bit of that since Aug. I haven't had a chance to do any kind of writing. I have had this new web-site idea for quite some time, I haven't been able to take the time to even out-line it. For now it is just an idea. Good thing the job is going good and I am able to have something for myself.

I just wanted to let you all know that I missed you! I mean really missed you.

I hope to catch up with all of you and to get to know the new boomers that have joined.

Cheers,
Cathi

[ May 13, 2006, 10:46 PM: Message edited by: Optimumsteps ]

#42242 - 05/14/06 10:02 AM Re: Didn't want to disappear
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
Hi Cathi,
I'm one of the "new" boomer members - joined a month or so ago.

Working full time and taking care of a family is quite the job, and when you throw in heath issues, no wonder you haven't stopped in!

Hang in there and try to carve out some time for yourself; easy to say, hard to do.

Take care,
Kathy

#42243 - 05/18/06 08:11 PM Re: Didn't want to disappear
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Hi Cathi: I hope it all works out for you and your family. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Life is busy! I've been mighty busy and don't hang around here that much either, but I try to check in often-mostly the prayer requests.

Hope your husband and daughter are feeling well soon!

#42244 - 05/18/06 08:19 PM Re: Didn't want to disappear
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Cathi, sorry to hear about hubby and your daughter. I had an varian cyst removed when I was 21. They also took the ovary becasue it was so huge (the size of a grapefruit). My other ovary took over and all is well. I hope your daughter is doing well.

Welcome home!

#42245 - 05/19/06 09:29 PM Re: Didn't want to disappear
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Cathi...you've really had a tough year...hopefully your life is on an upswing now..So happy to hear that your job is going well...welcome back.. [Smile]

#42246 - 05/19/06 10:31 PM Re: Didn't want to disappear
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Cathi! It's so good to hear your voice again...you have been missed. You are such a dear and your family is lucky to have you for a caregiver. I'm glad to hear the job is going good for you. Drop in whenever you have a moment and take care of yourself. It's always a delight to read your post.

JJ

#42247 - 05/20/06 07:21 AM Re: Didn't want to disappear
Wisdom&Life Offline

Hi again,

Thanks for the kind words here. You ladies have inspired me.

Your Majesty, it is good to see you. How's Trixie? Thank God her name ends with an "ie" or else I would've had to say, "How's Trix?" Ahem, I mean the cereal you know, *wink*

Dotsie, Sofia has a poly ovarian cyst. Not a good thing for a teenager because of the wieght issue. I could never understand before why she wasn't able to lose weight. In spite of the fact that she eats like a bird. She already had a tumor removed from her falopian tube when she was 8 years old. The cyst was on the same side. The one in her falopian tube reminded her doctor of an ectopic pregnancy.

I remember when she was 8, and we had just learned that she would have to have an operation. Afterwards she asked me why she had to have the operation. I didn't know how to explain to a little girl. So I told her that all girls have two eggs in their stomach. And that one of them is a little too big. Her reply was, "Eww, I have eggs in my stomach, gross!"

Cheers,
Cathi

#42248 - 05/21/06 09:09 AM Re: Didn't want to disappear
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Boy has she been through a lot. My gracious. And she's so young!

#42249 - 05/23/06 02:43 AM Re: Didn't want to disappear
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I would like to say some prayers for her in the hope she's seen the last of such trials in her young life.

#42250 - 05/23/06 06:19 AM Re: Didn't want to disappear
Wisdom&Life Offline

Thanks Chatty, this means so much.

Now my husband is not doing very well. He had surgery on the 1st and a mild heart attack on the 5th. His heart is in chronic A-Fibs and he seems to be doing worse. I could even feel it by touching his chest and I felt dizzy from that .

He went to have a blood test and EKG today and they don't seem to be worried.

Thanks ladies, I just want things to get a little back to normal. Not all the way...... a little!

BTW, has anyone had A-Fibs or is close to someone that has had it? Maybe you can tell me about it. Sometimes that helps.

Cheers and Hugs,
Cathi

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved