The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 95 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#42271 - 05/11/06 08:36 PM Happy Mother's Day
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Why God made Moms -- BRILLIANT Answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions!!

Why did God make mothers?

1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.
2. Mostly to clean the house.
3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.

How did God make mothers?

1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.
2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring
3. God made my Mom just the same like he made me. He Just used bigger parts.

What ingredients are mothers made of?

1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.
2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.

Why did God give you Your mother & not some other mom?1. We're related
2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.

What kind of little girl was your mom?

1. My mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.
2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.
3. They say she used to be nice.

What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?

1. His last name.
2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?
3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?

Why did your mom marry your dad?

1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my Mom eats a lot.
2. She got too old to do anything else with him.
3. My grandma says that Mom didn't have her thinking cap on.

Who's the boss at your house?

1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goof ball.
2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.
3. I guess Mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.

What's the difference between moms & dads?

1. Moms work at work and work at home & dads just go to work at work.
2. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.
3. Dads are taller & stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friend's.
4. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.

What does your mom do in her spare time?

1. Mothers don't do spare time.
2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.

What would it take to make your mom perfect?

1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.
2. Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.

If you could change one thing about your Mom, what would it be?

1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.
2. I'd make my Mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it and not me.
3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.

#42272 - 05/11/06 11:28 PM Re: Happy Mother's Day
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
That is just too precious, Thistle! Thanks for sharing it.

#42273 - 05/12/06 12:04 AM Re: Happy Mother's Day
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Thistle, these are a riot. Thanks for sharing. I laughed out loud at a couple of the brutally honest ones.

#42274 - 05/12/06 02:46 AM Re: Happy Mother's Day
downdog Offline

Loc: kansas
Laughing, laughing, laughing. I needed that! Thanks!

#42275 - 05/12/06 03:33 AM Re: Happy Mother's Day
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Very very cute Thistle...thanks for sharing these.

#42276 - 05/12/06 04:05 AM Re: Happy Mother's Day
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thanks adorable Thistle. And HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to all the Boomers who are moms here and to all of are own moms as well....

[ May 11, 2006, 09:13 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#42277 - 05/12/06 06:36 AM Re: Happy Mother's Day
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
Glad to provide a chuckle...I must not be a Mom...I have spare time!

#42278 - 05/12/06 08:22 PM Re: Happy Mother's Day
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Yes, Happy Mother's Day one and all.

I don't want to be a bummer, but it saddens me to go inthe card stores this time of year because I don't have a mother to buy a card for any more. Isn't that a rude awakening?

#42279 - 05/13/06 12:29 AM Re: Happy Mother's Day
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I suppose this might sound strange to some but to this day my mother buys a card for her mother who passed away many many years ago, and she places it next to her pcture on the shelf. She says "just because someone is no longer here in body doesn't mean her spirit isn't here with us." I plan to do the same when my own mother passes...Dotsie she isists it makes her feel at peace....

#42280 - 05/13/06 05:30 AM Re: Happy Mother's Day
Pam R. Offline

Oh my goodness Thistle, that was the best. Many Mother's Day jokes and stories were emailed at my job this past week, but yours takes the cake!

Pam

#42281 - 05/13/06 10:03 PM Re: Happy Mother's Day
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Chatty, I never thought to do that. I still go to the cemetery and place fresh cut flowers in the vase. Often times I've written Mom a letter while sitting at the cemetery. It's a great place to do so because there are no interruptions.

#42282 - 05/14/06 12:36 AM Re: Happy Mother's Day
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Probably one of the only truly quiet and peaceful places left on the planet...!

#42283 - 05/16/06 06:49 PM Re: Happy Mother's Day
Mother Mystic Offline

Loc: Rhode Island
Mother's day is always difficult for me as an adult adoptee. Growing up, every Mother's day I wondered, as most adoptees do, does she think about me? I finally made contact with my birth mother almost 7 yrs ago, not quite the reunion I had in mind. She told me in no uncertain terms never to contact her again, that if she'd known I'd ever contact her, she would have made sure I was never born. My adopted Mother was somewhat like Cinderella's evil stepmother, preferring her biological children to me. She passed last September, I keep the vases full at her grave, as I do for my late mother in law and say a prayer for the elevation of her spirit.
My own adult children gave me the gift of their time this Mother's day, renting a film for us to watch together and my daughter gave me a miniature rose plant. I treasure every minute I have with them, and hope I have transcended my own experiences to give them better mothering than I received, to let them know how much I love them and am grateful to have them in my life.

peace,
Susan

#42284 - 05/16/06 09:05 PM Re: Happy Mother's Day
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Thistle, beautiful! Aren't kids wonderful? Thanks for sharing this.
Mother Mystic- so sorry for the bad experiences you've had. But glad to know you have the heart of a real mother. God bless you and help you be all you can be!

And I hope each of you boomer sisters had a great mother's day!

#42285 - 05/16/06 09:26 PM Re: Happy Mother's Day
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Dotsie...I know just how you feel...now that my own sweet mother has passed Mother's day is bittersweet for me...I felt myself filling up at random times throughout the day even though I was surrounded by my own precious children...I wonder if I will ever adjust to the void her passing has caused in my life...

Thistle...your post was terrific...don't you just love little kids?

#42286 - 05/17/06 04:44 PM Re: Happy Mother's Day
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I still find Mother's Day very painful too - but a bittersweet painful. I'm so grateful for my Mom, but still miss her more and more every year.

This year I was visiting my brother. My 17-year-old niece's youth group was hosting a Mother's Day Brunch at her church, and really wanted me to go. But I just couldn't go, it was too painful to be surrounded by mothers and people who still had their mothers alive and there. (Besides my brother and SIL are going through a painful divorce and it would not have been right for me to intrude on her Mother's Day celebration with her daughter anyway).

I avoid the card shops during the weeks leading up to Mother's Day. I thought it would get easier, but May is still a particularly difficult month...though I do still celebrate my Mom, but just more quietly - my brother and I quietly toasted her with a shrimp (she loved shrimp) at our lunch on Sunday.

[ May 17, 2006, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#42287 - 05/18/06 06:54 AM Re: Happy Mother's Day
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
(((Eagle)))

I'm right there with you. Mom's gone as well..since I was 18. But,I do have a very good rememberance of what she loved...

Homemade cards from us

Gardenia corsages (Dad always got her one)

We usually bought her some cheap-o little scatter pins (I still have several of them) that she treasured and wore with pride.

Dad would get her something special like new china or something she needed. And when they kissed in the living room, we all cringed!! How funny!! Mom's and Dad's kiss???? OH NOOO!!! LOL!!

Yeah, MD celebrations are not my favorite to attend. Interesting thing happened today...

A woman noticed a pendant that I was wearing and said quickly..."Oh, is that a Mother's Day gift?"...then quickly caught herself and said, "Oh, you're not a Mother...I'm so sorry". I knew it was heartfelt. She DID consider my feelings,but it goes to show that people just automatically think every woman in the world has given birth.
[Frown] [Frown]

#42288 - 05/18/06 06:52 PM Re: Happy Mother's Day
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Di, I am sorry you continue to be tormented by such things. Urg!

Eagle, you are so thoughtful of everyone's feelings. I adore you. ANd I love hearing about you and your brother. You are so blessed to have such a caring brother. I'm sure you recognize that.

Our Mother's Day was different for two reasons. This was Ross's first one without his mom so we talked about that a little, but not too much. He is at peace knowing his mom is in a better place and that she pretty much willed herself to die. He believes God listened and answered her prayer. Still hard without her.

It was also different because this is the first MD since having children that we went to church alone. Only Ross and I. Our oldest is out of town, my daughter had to work, and my youngest son had just gotten home from prom breakfast at 6:00am. I didn't have the heart to make going to church with Mom an issue.

We did celebrate by all of going to dinner when my oldest was home a week ago, then we also had Dad here for a cook-out when the kids were home. Everyone was very thoughtful. My daughter gave me a blank scrapbook with all the trimmings for us to do together and a sweet homemade card. I got three CD's, one each from the guys: Jack Johnson, Kenny Chesney, and John Mayer. Now I have all this new music to listen to which is different for me because I typically listen to Christian radio in the car.

Next, Father's Day.

#42289 - 05/18/06 08:07 PM Re: Happy Mother's Day
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Ladies, I now have a page dedicated to mothers in my web site. Scroll down to read it in English.
Here's the link if you're interested:
http://expressionpublishingministries.com/188301.html

Also, my blog has a special Mother's day article:
http://inkspirationsbyrhodi.blogspot.com

[ May 18, 2006, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: Songbird ]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved