The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 90 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#42312 - 04/10/06 10:43 PM Woman to Woman Encouragement
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Woman to Woman Encouragement

Someone will always be smarter. Their house will be bigger. They will drive a better car.

Their children will do better in school. And their partners will fix more things around the house. So let it go and love you and your circumstances.

Think about it.

The prettiest woman in the world can have hell in her heart. And the most highly favored woman on your job may be unable to have children.

The richest woman you know - she's got the car, the house, the clothes - might be heartbreakingly lonely.

So, love you. Love who you are right now.

Tell yourself, "I am too blessed to be stressed."

"To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world."

"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some sort of battle."

Be blessed ladies

AUTHOR UNKNOWN

#42313 - 04/10/06 10:48 PM Re: Woman to Woman Encouragement
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Lovely Vicki and just what I needed to read right now!
Thank you.

#42314 - 04/12/06 05:45 PM Re: Woman to Woman Encouragement
Tami Offline

Loc: Kansas
So true, Vickie! I lived in so much turmoil, self-inflicted, until I accepted the wisdom you've just shared. Thanks!

Tami

#42315 - 04/24/06 12:23 AM Re: Woman to Woman Encouragement
ChristinaR Offline

Loc: Kentucky
This follows the same train of thought.

No Excuses

The next time you feel like being bitter, resentful and angry --- even if the circumstances justify these emotions ---
consider the inspiring words of a man who, after 27 years ofimprisonment by his government, had every right to be bitter,resentful and angry:

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate,
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant,
gorgeous, talented and fabulous?'

Actually, who are you NOT to be?

You are a child of God.

Your playing small doesn't serve the world.

There is nothing enlightening about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

These are words of Nelson Mandela, who gave this inaugural speech in 1994, after being elected President of South Africa.

He became the leader of the government that had for so long sought to take away his voice.

This man had every right to be bitter, resentful and angry at the world.

How dare he inspire us to greatness? Shouldn't he have instead approved our sloth?

After all, is anyone really appreciated for what he does,regardless of the extent of the sacrifice?

Nelson Mandela confirms that you are expected to be great.

Nothing less.

You can even be more than great if you decide to ignore the non-existent limitations that everyone else can see.

What kind of glasses are they wearing?

I know I'm gorgeous, brilliant and talented.
Simply put, I am fabulous.

What about you?

By C. Elijah Bronner
(With credit to Nelson Mandela)

#42316 - 04/24/06 04:28 AM Re: Woman to Woman Encouragement
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
quote:
Originally posted by ChristinaR:
"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate,
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."

ChristinaR, you have no idea how much I personally needed this particular post right now. I have been in an unbelievably mucky funk lately...and it's not so much the funk that's difficult to deal with, it's the FEAR...and I can't believe the first two lines of your quote, because both are exactly what I've been struggling between - the fear that I'm entirely too inadequate - and the fear that I'm actually more powerful than I can even imagine - and then back to the original fear of being so powerful and yet so inadequate in my current inability to function well!

With a proneness to depression and chronic fatigue, I know that it's necessary to take my gentle time to get out of this funk, and I know that "this too shall pass". But in the meantime, it's a dark place to be stuck in. Your quote was exactly what I needed to hear today...it shines light on a path that was becoming too rocky and precarious to travel in the shadow of these fears. You've given me some light to work in. Thanks!

[ April 23, 2006, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#42317 - 04/24/06 04:58 AM Re: Woman to Woman Encouragement
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Eagle,
I know no matter how dark the corner, it will be illumined. Your power is in your light and it is always within you. You have brought light to so many of us here.

If you must rest in a dark place for a while, allow it. You will come out and the brightness of you will again light up everything around.

Your body and mind are resting for something wonderful that is about to happen. I am praying for it today.

smile

#42318 - 04/24/06 05:47 AM Re: Woman to Woman Encouragement
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
HUGS and good thoughts to you Eagle.

Great thoughts from Mandela!

May our lights shine brightly for ever.

#42319 - 04/24/06 06:33 AM Re: Woman to Woman Encouragement
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
Smile, your gentle words are like a balm to my soul. Thank you. I know from so many past experiences that I can't rush myself through this...something needs to be worked out, and when it's done, it will have been worth the struggle.

I think it has to do with coming to grips with the sad realization that no matter how much I/we do and give to an endless stream of needy people and causes, it will never be enough to ease even a significant portion of the hunger and pain in the world...but then remembering (again) to trust that even the least that we do for just one other person does change the world - one person, one small need at a time. ("To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world" resonates.)

It's frustrating to be so incapacitated by fatigue and dysfunction, but something deep inside of me tells me that this is exactly where I'm supposed to be right now...there's something important I'm supposed to be learning along this murky way.

Thanks Casey for your hugs and good thoughts...every flicker of light helps.

[ April 23, 2006, 11:35 PM: Message edited by: Eagle Heart ]

#42320 - 04/25/06 07:51 AM Re: Woman to Woman Encouragement
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
Eagle, sometimes I get discouraged as well, I understand what you mean. There are so many. But I believe that not only do we help the people we are actively helping, we are changing the energy in the world. Every act of goodness sends ripples out, balancing the acts of terror and greed. And that means every act of goodness, from a warm hand on a friend's shoulder to the check we put in the mail to help someone less fortunate than we.

#42321 - 04/24/06 11:22 PM Re: Woman to Woman Encouragement
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
Vicky and Christina: Thanks for sharing beautiful and inspiring words. What a blessing!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved