The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 103 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#42794 - 12/18/05 09:57 PM Re: All the Lonely People
Songbird Offline

Loc: Massachusetts, USA
[Smile] For those who feel lonely, I agree with Dotsie. Taking the first step and reaching out to others, organizing get togethers, etc. is a step in the right direction.

[Frown] Even for those who've lost loved ones... reaching out to others and getting together with others who need love and support might prove beneficial for all involved. I learned this, as a child, from my mom. When we lost my dad, mom always looked for someone to cheer up in some way. She always looked past her needs to help others in greater need. Her helpful and positive outlook proved to be a lifesaver and a great example for us.

[Smile] I pray each of you have a blessed Christmas and New year.

#42795 - 12/18/05 10:14 PM Re: All the Lonely People
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
I don't know if I said this somewhere else in the forums - but I believe if each one of us just reached out to one other person - that the world would be a more loving place. Even if WE are suffering - if we can just take that step - and do something for someone else!

Every year my family puts together a gift basket for someone that God puts on our hearts. It is one of our favorite parts of Christmas.

danita

#42796 - 12/19/05 03:00 AM Re: All the Lonely People
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
First my Grandfather passed away and things didn't change too much on the holidays but then three years later my Grandmother passed away and everything changed drastically. The entire family began going their own way and some of us grandchildren moved away, it has never been the same since. My Grandmother was definitely the glue that held our family structure together, we all just knew for all the holidays we met at their home and feasted and laughed and shared stories, it was the most magical of times. Even though I have my son and his family I am always just a bit sad during these times. My mother is a couple thousand miles away but does get together with her sisters....

Dandy if you could get to Vegas my son and nhis family and myself would be glad to share our holiday with you and I have a very comfortable couch, I am serious!

#42797 - 12/19/05 04:56 PM Re: All the Lonely People
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, I didn't have any living grandparents as a child. However, I had an aunt who was like a grandmother to all of us. Her home at Christmas sounds like your grandparents. I'll never forget her family parties. Kids were scrambling everywhere. There was always tons of food. So many sweets that I recall the year my brother got sick from eating too many of her scrumptious chocolate chip cookies. She was the best cook. SHe made verything from scratch. Her apple pie was to die for. The apples came right off the trees in her back yard.

You set a great example of reaching out to others because so much of your family is out of town. What are you doing for the elderly this Christmas?

dandy, I'm so glad things are looking better for your Christmas day. I hope to hear aboaut it.

Songbird, this is the first I recall hearing about your dad's death. how old were you when he died?

#42798 - 12/19/05 07:46 PM Re: All the Lonely People
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thanks Dotsie and Christmas Eve evening will be the annual Christmas party at the nursing home. I baked 15 cakes which I froze and have to decorate Christmas Eve and I am making six different appetizers. This year the event will be catered, a nice sit down dinner and then music, dancing and opening gifts. Seven of us ran around town begging stores etc. for gifts for them and we really hit the jackpot this year, so many merchants gave as did many private people so they will each have several very nice gifts to open...It should be a nice holiday for them all this year.

#42799 - 12/20/05 03:58 AM Re: All the Lonely People
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Chatty and Dotsie,
I call these someones parents or parent in a nursing home of forgotten ones. My mother is out of town and I don't get to see her for christmas . If it is just a hug or a kind hello that maybe the only one they get for a long time. Good for you Chatty . Give a few hugs for me and a hello . I wish I could go with you .

Just warms the sole .

#42800 - 12/20/05 04:51 PM Re: All the Lonely People
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, I've shopped the public for different school functions and it is no easy job. They are approached by everyone for freebies so they are very selective about who they give to. CPngrats on meeting with success! Have a Merry Christmas Eve! What appetizers are you making?

#42801 - 12/20/05 06:41 PM Re: All the Lonely People
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Chatty, bless you! You are an awesome boomer-chick!

Daisygirl

#42802 - 01/11/06 08:19 AM Re: All the Lonely People
Mountain Ash Offline

I remember when
everyone I knew
Was there with me
I could touch them

Most of all I remember
Watching… looking at hands
Doing tasks.. using tools
Making meals

The sounds of home
As much as the scene
And scents of gardens
And scents of rooms

I drive past now and then
But alas the heart has gone
Those favoured above all others
Are missing from that hearth

Yet there in a blink of an eye
I see new hands doing other things
I have moved up a notch
In the family tree

Yes I remember
when everyone I loved
was there beside me
and I could touch them
from Mountain Ash.

I just know many of you will understand my words

#42803 - 01/11/06 12:17 AM Re: All the Lonely People
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Moutain Ash......such wonderful words.
It touched me also, and yes I understand your words. Went right to the heart!
Lynne

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved