The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 124 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#43172 - 04/20/06 01:27 AM Re: The Ex
MSInvestigator Offline

Loc: Missouri
Dotsie,
If you google a screen name you will get many people with that name , you may not have the right individual, the best way to find them is to go to the directory of dating sites and inquire by the person's real name.You will then get their screen name and profile.

#43173 - 04/20/06 01:49 AM Re: The Ex
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Chatty, why don't we just become partners, you can be in charge of the west side of the country and I'll take the east.

#43174 - 04/20/06 10:20 PM Re: The Ex
Tami Offline

Loc: Kansas
I'd like to add my two cents to this conversation - and it's really only two cents worth and probably nothing any of you haven't heard before.

Instead of looking for love why not let love look for you? Only a suggestions, but I found the love of my life by not looking - he found me!

Something you're passionate about? Find a forum on-line, or a discussion board that allows posts and add your input. Mine was divorce. After 13 years of a bad marriage that ended in divorce I went looking for a way to make new friends that were going through the same thing I was. Just opening up and being honest, asking questions, adding my experiences when asked without giving anything too identifying, those sorts of things, made me approachable.

What was so funny about the whole thing was there were just as many men as women that could relate to my experiences. Seems there's almost as many women out there that don't honor their marriage vows as there are men.

Once you have something in common with people it's easy to make friends. Friends stay in touch with each other, some more often than others, and more serious friendships develop with a few while the others move on. This type of forum is great for establishing friendships and e-mail can be the follow up once you're comfortable with someone. Start with a generic e-mail account, like Yahoo or HotMail, then when you're sure it's a correspondence you want to continue you can share your real e-mail if you want. The most important thing is to move VERY slow. Trust your gut..you'll know when it's a slime ball trying to move in by listening to your inner voice. Your new female friends from the same board can clue you in if they've been approached by someone too. When in doubt, don't! A polite thanks, but no thanks to an invitation to correspond by email should suffice. After all, you're still new to singlehood and aren't looking for anything right now. If he's a bad one he'll move on, if he's a good one he'll honor your request and will still communicate with you on the board.

Even if nothing comes of it, you've made new friends, probably learned a thing or two, and it's helped you heal.

#43175 - 04/21/06 01:30 AM Re: The Ex
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Daisygirl super idea, count me in...

Tami excellent advice now if only they would follow it...

#43176 - 04/21/06 01:48 AM Re: The Ex
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Oh my gosh, I can only imagine chatty and daisy riding around the country taking all these rotten men DOWN!!

There's a movie in there somewhere.

smile

#43177 - 04/21/06 09:50 PM Re: The Ex
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Tami said, "Once you have something in coomon, it's easy to make frinds."

I couldn't agree more. That's why I tell women who are looking to keep doing what they like to do and the right guy will come along becasue he'll be doing the same thing.

Smile, you need to write that movie!

#43179 - 04/21/06 11:43 PM Re: The Ex
smilinize Offline

Dotsie,
I'm thinking something along the lines of a menopausal "Thelma and Louise" with guns and out of estrogen.

What do you think?

smile

#43180 - 04/21/06 11:50 PM Re: The Ex
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
JawJaw, you take the south, I think I'll have my hands full in the midwest and northeast.

I agree with Anne, that the absolutely worst thing you can to to these men is turn your back on them and walk away.

#43181 - 04/22/06 01:23 AM Re: The Ex
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I am hunting for the bums in the Western states as we speak....look out you slugs here I come. Oh and I take no prisioners.

#43182 - 04/22/06 01:50 AM Re: The Ex
smilinize Offline

It's the Blast the Bad Boys boomer babes.

I can see chatty and daisy in low cut blouses, short fringed skirts, and cowboy boots with six-guns on their hips riding through the wild west lassoing rotten men.

Yippee Ki Ya!! Ride 'em cowboy.

smile

Page 13 of 15 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved