The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 77 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 11 of 15 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >
Topic Options
#43148 - 03/31/06 11:10 PM Re: The Ex
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Tami, great idea to focus on his mroals and integrity only. I need to share this with a friend. Thank you.

#43149 - 04/01/06 12:45 AM Re: The Ex
Tami Offline

Loc: Kansas
You're welcome!

She might have to kiss a couple of toads but one of them will turn into a prince if she doesn't compromise on the truly important stuff!

Tami

#43150 - 04/04/06 01:32 AM Re: The Ex
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Looks aren't everything and some of the handsomest men I know are such jerks. My problem is the man that I thought would turn into a Prince with time, went from a kinda cute toad to rthe creature from the black lagoon.... [Frown]

[ April 03, 2006, 06:35 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#43151 - 04/04/06 05:25 AM Re: The Ex
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Oh my, this brings back memories! I almost didn't accept a date from my beloved husband because he wasn't "cute". I would have missed my soul mate and the best husband a woman could have ever had. By the way, we met through our newspaper's personal ads and were married two months and two days later! Been married going on thirteen years and I don't regret one single day. To me he's the handomest man anywhere?

Happy and in love with someone who has a wonderful loving heart!

Sherri

#43153 - 04/06/06 05:35 AM Re: The Ex
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Thats true Anne327 and unfortunately when women rush into something to soon it allows these deceitful men to keep their best foot forward tricking us into thinking they are alright guys. If kept around long enough their armor begins to tarnish and the rust shows through, so take your time and test the waters....

#43154 - 04/06/06 04:59 PM Re: The Ex
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I was sooo gullable when I was first divorced. I thought my jerk x was the exception, that most men would be decent. Boy was I ever wrong!

Divorce happens every minute of every working day and there always are fresh victims and perps being released into the world.

People who marry after only knowing the guy only a few months are very lucky if they end up with a good one. They can fake decency for that amount of time.

Daisygirl

#43156 - 04/08/06 03:04 PM Re: The Ex
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Anne, your comment about CSI made me laugh.

I've been happily married for 26 years. I can't imagine trying to get to the bottom of who some of these single men are. I would probably be just as inquisitive as you.

#43157 - 04/09/06 01:50 AM Re: The Ex
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Good for you Anne327, it pays to be cautious. The one time in my always cautious, suspicious life I faltered and didn't listen to my little voice screaming at me "danger, danger!" I made the biggest mistake of my life and am still suffering the remnants of that mistake these many years later. I warn anyone out looking for love or even just companionship...GO SLOW...anne said it all, thats why these loser types are in such a hurry to pin you down so its harder, nearly impossible to get rid of them later. [Frown]

#43159 - 04/15/06 01:05 AM Re: The Ex
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
The problem is that the next woman will let these boys disguised as men get by with it. How did the world get so many bad men? I know we aren't all meeting the same few.

I am still talking to my high school guy. (no he's not still in h.s., he's my age) he-he We are not really dating and have only seen each other in person one time. I now feel comfortable waiting for him to call me, and I feel just as comfortable calling him, which is something I NEVER did in the past. It's not all about the chase with him and he is giving me the opportunity to respond in my own good time. I can't predict what will happen, but it is a refreshing change.

Anne, I share your philosophy. I've been single mostly for the last 15 years and as soon as I find out they're bad, it's bbye, so long, adios, farewell....... I've been lonely sometimes, but when you're single and lonely you can do something about it.

Daisygirl

[ April 14, 2006, 06:06 PM: Message edited by: Daisygirl ]

#43161 - 04/19/06 03:00 AM Re: The Ex
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
I have to add one more type of dangerous man to the list. The closet gay who hides inside normal relationships/marriages. Personally, I think he is the most dangerous because he will bring a one or more of the other elements you have listed in as well.

They don't look gay, they don't act gay. The can play the part with the best romance you have ever had, but once they have you hooked they loose interest and it's too late.

Take all the feelings and damaged emotions that you have experienced from cheaters and liars, etc and multiply by x 10 because the 'competition' isn't even female......and people tend to look at you as if you somehow made them gay.....

There is a great tendency to go into the closet when they come out. It's sad, lonely and dangerous for the woman.

Anyway I'm soapboxing again. Just add closet gays to the list.

Page 11 of 15 < 1 2 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved