The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 202 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#43244 - 09/23/05 06:30 AM Re: Friends Heal Strangers
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I saw a similar email. Isn't it sad that we have to be so cautious?

#43245 - 09/27/05 11:11 AM Re: Friends Heal Strangers
lacajunmarilyn Offline

Loc: currently, Birmingham, AL
I find it very difficult to believe that NO has allowed thousands of dangerous convicts to escape, and sorry to hear that people would actually believe that. I do not blame anyone for giving pause to taking strangers in, but being from NO, I can assure you that the city has more decent people who do need help than what was shown on tv. Showing looters and thieves must make better ratings than showing the decent, bewildered, frightened people who are looking for a chance to get their feet on solid ground. I cry whenever I see my fellow Louisianians go through all this humiliation and anguish because the federal government has chosen to ignore the problem which destroyed this beautiful city. The govt. has known for decades that this would happen, but did not want to put out the money to prevent this disaster from happening. Now it is too expensive 30 years later. What a sad state of affairs and what a price we are having to pay for their bad choices.

#43246 - 09/28/05 07:42 AM Re: Friends Heal Strangers
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Our 17 year old's friend, who 2 months ago moved to New Orleans to live with his dad (my son became friends with him in NY where we moved from 10 months ago), came to live with us a couple of weeks ago. His parents are divorced, his mom just moved to NC and can't afford to have him there, and his dad has gone from New Orleans, to Baton Rouge, to Florida. Our son went to New orleans twice with this friend and really wanted to move there with him. I'm so glad he didn't! Anyway, we bought this boy a one way ticket to CO and he is welcome to stay here as long as he wants. He's a great kid and we are happy to have him here. We felt this was our way of helping out but it is also a blessing for us since our son doesn't like it here. Now he has an old friend with him. [Big Grin]

#43247 - 09/30/05 01:05 AM Re: Friends Heal Strangers
Cecilia Offline

Loc: Connecticut
Western Bluebird! It is a very generous act what you have done for that young man. You and your husband have opened your heart and home to welcome someone going through hard times.
You have such a good heart and compassion!

---------------------------

#43248 - 09/30/05 01:38 AM Re: Friends Heal Strangers
Bluebird Offline

Thank you Cecilia, we were so happy that he took us up on it. Like I said, it is good for our son, so we weren't being totally altruistic. Our son had stayed with each of his parents on different trips. He's a great young man and it is also nice to have people come and visit when you move to a beautiful town that you love.

#43249 - 09/30/05 09:58 PM Re: Friends Heal Strangers
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Western, great idea. I sure bet he's grateful... your son too. Do you like having teens around?

#43250 - 09/30/05 10:06 PM Re: Friends Heal Strangers
Bluebird Offline

You know, I really do like having teens around. The only problem is when they reach this age, and you can have a decent conversation with them, and they can pour their own drinks and wipe themselves...they're always out the door!!
It is fun, though, talking to them about poitics and religion. They have so much to learn, but I respect their views and I know they will probably change as they get older. My husband has more trouble with the teens. He seems to forget being one, so he can't relate to them.

#43251 - 10/01/05 04:54 PM Re: Friends Heal Strangers
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Western, I'd love to be a fly oln the wall in your home. It sounds like a great place to ahng out.

#43252 - 10/01/05 05:29 PM Re: Friends Heal Strangers
Bluebird Offline

It IS interesting! When my daughter and her husband are her with their son, we have 11 "kids" ranging in age from 2 to 28. It makes the brain spin to turn from changing one kid's diaper, to handing car keys over to another! I can go from talking about Dora the Explorer to ordering a guitar for my son's band! and you can just imagine our food and cell phone bills...

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved