The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 53 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#43364 - 07/19/05 06:02 AM Re: Breaking records!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Thanks Vicki but the pleasure is mostly mine. The animals have gone back to the shelter this afternoon and have a brand new air conditioning unit to enjoy. I asked my ladies what they wanted for dinner and they cracked me up deciding. Here I am prepared to make a delicious meal and they want Whoppers from Burger King, oh, and don't forget the fries. I am going to really miss having them here when they go home. Won't miss rising by 6:30 AM however... [Big Grin]

#43365 - 07/19/05 01:00 PM Re: Breaking records!
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Chatty ... do you get monsoons like we get down in Arizona or does it just stay HOT?

I know Arizona has been having high temps as well but also heard from my daughter that a big storm blew through (southeastern AZ) the other night and cooled it just a bit.

Over here in Germany the heat and humidity have been running high and making it pretty miserable, especially without the AC and with HOT FLASHES -- BUT, relief moved in last night and its back in the low 70s with nice rain.

What a blessing you are to folks. It's nice to see someone who cares so much.

Blessings, Francine

#43366 - 07/20/05 03:47 AM Re: Breaking records!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Francine right now we are suppose to be in our yearly monsoon season however no rain in sight. We have had alot of wind but it's just hotter than I have ever seen it before. I am praying for rain to help cool things off a bit...My visitors Mary, Liz and June and I had a ball last night, I moved the carpet and gave them each a pair of thick socks and we had our own sock hop, played all the old fifties music. It was a blast. Liz went home this morning (they fixed her air) and everyone cried, I think these three will be friends forever now. We are planing a reunion for the Fall. Its funny but they think of me as the youngin of the group.. [Razz]

#43367 - 07/20/05 05:12 PM Re: Breaking records!
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Youngin', you are the coolest kid I know.
These lady friends are having the time of their life yet I feel you are getting as much, if not more out of it.
Chatty, ask them what they think the key to life is, for me. I am curious as to their answers.

chick

#43368 - 07/21/05 03:05 AM Re: Breaking records!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Chickadee, I had to call Liz since she already went back to her home but her answer was her strong faith...June said, faith and always smile...Mary said, never take yourself too seriously and ask God for whatever it is you need....I called my mom too and asked her, shes the oldest of the 4 and she hesitated for a minute and said, Live, every minute the good Lord has given you, Love all those you come in contact with and Laugh as hard and as often as possible...Interesting!

[ July 20, 2005, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#43369 - 07/21/05 04:53 PM Re: Breaking records!
chickadee Offline

Chatty, all of these ladies have faith and God in common, plus as your dear Mom put it...Live, Love and Laugh...I appreciate you taking your time to ask them. Our elders are wise and we need to listen to their words of wisdom. Who knows better than they do? Thank them for me when you can and tell them...I will remember their words and will strive to live by them. I wish them all the very best.

Luv
chickadee

#43370 - 07/21/05 05:18 PM Re: Breaking records!
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
If living, loving, laughing and having faith leads to long life, Chatty will live forever.
smile

#43371 - 07/22/05 02:53 AM Re: Breaking records!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
chatty, thanks so much for getting answers to chick's question. GREAT ANSWERS! You are so blessed to be in the company of such wise women. They too are blessed to know you.

#43372 - 07/24/05 05:44 PM Re: Breaking records!
chickadee Offline

Do you think, we as "Boomers" are in the same/similar place as our older generation when it comes to our ideas on living whole lives? I think my turning point was after Mom passed. I "heard" her words over the years but the more I reminised about them when she wasn't here, the more they began to sink in. I guess it also comes with age maturity and the willingness to realize that Mom, and your friends, Chatty know what they are talking about.

chick

#43373 - 07/24/05 06:16 PM Re: Breaking records!
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chick, wow. You are so right. I definitely experienced a turning point after Mom died too. I've never put my finger on it as such. Thanks for pointing it out. As I look back o nthat time, it was definitely a period of intentional self-reflection. Perhaps seeing the older generation fade away causes us to take our mortality and purpose for living more seriously. Neat thoughts to ponder.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved