The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 146 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#53983 - 05/05/06 07:30 AM Re: Gas Prices
Still Crowded Offline

Loc: Olympia, WA
Gas is $3.09 in the Olympia area of Washington and I have a 40 minute commute each way. My boss is moving the company another two exits down the freeway, so it will be closer to an hour come fall. I can't believe I'm putting more than $30.00 for a tank of gas.

Chatty, I know it sounds like a great plan to only put ten dollars worth in at a time, but I hate pulling into a station now with a busy schedule. I can't imagine going in there three or four times a week.

#53984 - 05/04/06 09:23 PM Re: Gas Prices
browser57 Offline

Loc: Michigan
Right now, there is a station near me that is selling gas for $2.35 a gal. You would not believe the traffic. The station owner is being forced to do this because he was caught altering the pumps and shorting customers. No idea of how long this went on - nor any records - with the exception of those that used a credit card.

I remember sitting in long gas lines in the 70's and 80's. I also remember that everyone dumped their gas guzzlers and bought the dreaded Japanese cars - because of their outstanding fuel comsumption. Did we learn anything from that? Not when I look around and see 98% of all vehicles around me are SUV's. Have you actually wondered what people do in city traffic with a Hummer???

I live in the Detroit area and DH has earned his livelihood from the auto industry - that is now on it's knees wondering why Toyota is now considered one of 'the big three.'

#53985 - 05/05/06 01:12 AM Re: Gas Prices
starting over Offline

Loc: Illinois
I saw something on TV last week about a group that was making gasoline out of recycled vegetable oil for 14 cents a gallon. But they only talked about a diesel version--anybody know anything about this or where I can find out more? I checked the local news broadcasts for the story but couldn't find out anything....

#53986 - 05/05/06 01:27 AM Re: Gas Prices
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sounds a little slippery to me, "LOL" maybe like someones idea of a joke...

#53987 - 05/05/06 02:04 AM Re: Gas Prices
starting over Offline

It's called biodiesel. There's lots on the internet about it. Many restaurants will give you the old oil for free just to take it off their hands. By adding rubbing alchohol (I think) in just a few hours you can have diesel fuel usable in any tank that has been slightly modified.

But what I haven't been able to find out is if it only works if you currently hae a diesel engine...or can any car use it.

Anybody know anything about this?

#53988 - 05/05/06 02:10 AM Re: Gas Prices
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
there are a few guys in our area who are making their own fuel. Just saw it on the news the other night.

#53989 - 05/05/06 02:16 AM Re: Gas Prices
starting over Offline

Sherri, we aren't too far apart--I'm outside St. Louis--can you remember what station you saw it on or anything?

#53990 - 05/05/06 08:13 AM Re: Gas Prices
Still Crowded Offline

Loc: Olympia, WA
Some celebrity just opened a bio diesel station in California and it was a big thing on the news. Willie Nelson or somebody. I'm thinking the car would have to be diesel.

#53991 - 05/06/06 04:51 AM Re: Gas Prices
flossie Offline

Loc: New Zealand
A New Zealand man has just driven his 2 litre Corona from one end of the country to the other all on 100% used vege oil and stated that there was no difference in the vehicles power, he even has a speeding ticket to prove it!

The cost of the oil was around .50cents a litre (standard petrol is $1.70 here)

The used oil was from McDonalds!! He called it Macdiesel!! Just think, what do all the McDonalds, BKs, KFCs etc do with their used up oil?? Jolly sight easier to grow sunflowers etc than it is to drain the Earth's resources of oil and all that goes into processing and shipping it!

#53992 - 05/06/06 07:00 AM Re: Gas Prices
boomerchar921 Offline

Loc: Coral Springs, FL
Gas prices are outrageous - and it's not likely they'll get any better anytime soon. If you ever wondered how we got into such a mess in the Middle East, you'll want to check out SEVENTH DAWN OF DESTINY on my ebooks site, www.tantalizingtales.com. Here's our press release telling what it's about:

CORAL SPRINGS, Florida – May 5, 2006 – Did the CIA topple the Peacock Throne? Did you ever wonder how we got into such a mess in the Middle East? Some questions that have long shadowed America’s place in history are posed and answered, at least fictionally, in SEVENTH DAWN OF DESTINY, a novel just released by e-books publisher Tantalizingtales.com.

The romantic swashbuckler, with an exciting balance of action, adventure and intrigue, follows the political awakening of American soldier Scott Fallon who is seduced by the luxurious lifestyle U.S. army officers once enjoyed there. When he falls in love with an Iranian girl, he gives American oil and arms interests and the CIA a way to force him into an assassination plot. SEVENTH DAWN OF DESTINY was written by Kathryn Fairfax with Paul R. Wineman, based on real events in his life.

TantalizingTales.com (now based in Coral Springs, FL) has also just released MORDRED AND THE KING by John Michael Curlovich. It’s a haunting fantasy-romance described as “Brokeback Mountain Goes to King Arthur’s Court.”

Curlovich, who also writes as Michael Paine, is the author of the bestselling gay novels THE BLOOD OF KINGS and BLOOD PROPHET, and popular horror novels STEEL GHOSTS and THE NIGHT SCHOOL. With this lyrical, haunting tale, he proves once again he is a gifted storyteller. It’s the first epic gay fantasy published since THE ILIAD.

Other TantalizingTales.com books have received critical acclaim from the e-books community since the site launched last October. Charlene Keel’s revamped COME SLOWLY EDEN has been favorably compared to CATCHER IN THE RYE and critics have called THE LODESTONE, a historical romance by Kathryn Fairfax, a “compelling story with characters expertly brought to life.”

Seventh Dawn of Destiny (ISBN 0-9785513-0-3)
Mordred And The King (ISBN 0-9785513-1-1)
For more information or review copies, or to submit your book for consideration:
Contact – Charlene Keel
ckeel@tantalizingtales.com
www.tantalizingtales.com
PH: 954-934-3104

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved