The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 78 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#54823 - 01/25/06 06:21 PM Re: Fair Tax Movement
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
We can't make companies stay in the U.S. Now they have to pay taxes, although in reality, they just charge the consumer more so we end up paying their taxes. I don't think we can stop companies moving out of the country due to the higher wages our people demand, but it will help.

This plan will make all taxes visible. The rich will pay more of their share, because they naturally purchase more and higher priced items, such as boats, cars, furniture, homes, etc. The middle class will end up paying less and the poor will pay hardly anything. It would benefit you ladies who are self-employed because you wouldn't be taxed, only for what you spend.

Let's just say a wealthy business owner moves his company to another country. He would likely pay income tax in that country, but wouldn't have to in ours. But when he purchases anything in our country, he would pay a higher amount of sales tax (I've heard 23%). He would not be able to hide his income, even if it is generated outside the U.S.

Also, illegals would have to pay sales tax on anything they purchase.

Number 5, let me know what you think about the plan. Like I said, I haven't read the book yet, but I think I'll order it today.

Daisygirl

#54824 - 01/26/06 08:49 AM Re: Fair Tax Movement
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Yes, we pay fees for water and sewage. We have no town trash pick-up here. People either take their trash to the local Transfew Station (the landfill closed a couple of years ago) or pay to have it picked up.

#54825 - 01/25/06 09:03 PM Re: Fair Tax Movement
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Here's another way states generate revenue: traffic violations. My son had a speeding ticket and the fine was $65. By the time they added all the state "surcharges" (aka, tax) and other weird fees, the fine came to $ 106.!! So the fees were over 65% of the original fine!

#54826 - 01/26/06 12:12 AM Re: Fair Tax Movement
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Guess thats one way to keep people from speeding and causing accients. I know I never drive fast at all anymore and I use to have a lead foot.

#54827 - 01/26/06 12:27 AM Re: Fair Tax Movement
Bluebird Offline

Unfortunately, it doesn't stop MY son from speeding. He's had his license for 3 years and he's gotten at least 8 speeding tickets!

#54828 - 01/26/06 12:42 AM Re: Fair Tax Movement
Daisygirl Offline

My son did the same when he was a teenager. He was on high risk insurance for a long time. I still have a lead foot and hold my breath every time I see a cop.

The Fair Tax Plan is only for federal and not state, local or fines, permits, etc.

I just ordered the Neal Boortz book today and plan to attend a local seminar on 2/6.

Daisygirl

#54829 - 01/26/06 12:45 AM Re: Fair Tax Movement
Bluebird Offline

Let us know how that book is, when you get it, Daisy. I am very interested. Also, tell us about the seminar...that's pretty soon!

#54830 - 01/26/06 04:38 AM Re: Fair Tax Movement
Casey Offline

Loc: Aptos, California
It's interesting that we all tend to talk about the government as "they." I wonder if it would make a difference if we took back our government in our minds at least. "We the people" and all that.

After all, it's our trash that is picked up, our parents who get social security, our roads we drive on, our schools which educate our children, etc.

I'd like to see a tax plan that's based on a budget which is based on our values. For example, do we want to spend 10 percent of our gross national product on infrastructure (roads, etc.) and 10% on ending poverty, and the like.

#54831 - 01/26/06 05:02 AM Re: Fair Tax Movement
Bluebird Offline

You're absolutely right, Casey. We are the government...or at least that's how it was set up.

#54832 - 01/26/06 08:16 AM Re: Fair Tax Movement
Daisygirl Offline

Ladies, IF you agree with the Fair Tax Proposal after checking it out, then please contact your congressmen and senators and let them know. That is the ONLY way we will ever get the tax code changed (to our benefit). The polititians will not want to lose their bargaining power. They need to know that if they do not vote the way the majority of their constituants desire, they will not have a job any longer.

Daisygirl

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved