The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 126 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >
Topic Options
#55407 - 12/13/05 06:02 AM Re: Do you know who said this?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh and the last quote I put out there was by Heraclitus

JJ

#55408 - 12/13/05 06:12 AM Re: Do you know who said this?
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
The depth of knowledge displayed here just blows me away. I'm really enjoying every quote your writing.

If I offended anyone or cut off discussion, that was not my intention. I reacted strongly to what someone said because it was a gut, emotional reaction. It was never my intention to cut off discussion, and I'm sorry if anyone thought that.

#55409 - 12/13/05 06:13 AM Re: Do you know who said this?
Vi Offline

JJ,you can answer whatever you want. You can answer the things I put out there if you want. You can ignore them if you want. It's all up to you. You're a smart lady. You decide.

#55410 - 12/13/05 06:15 AM Re: Do you know who said this?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Did I miss something here? Who mentioned anything about houses burning, thought we were fixing roofs or at least talking about it? Oh and as the resident animal expert, an Ostrich would never suffocate with its head in the sand. They are quite clever birds. Okay smartie pants JJ see if you or anyone can guess this one:

There are two ways of exerting one's strength,
one is pushing down, the other is pulling up..

#55411 - 12/13/05 06:30 AM Re: Do you know who said this?
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Jackie,
I don't think you offended anyone in the least! How could you? No way girlfriend... This is suppose to be an open board and anyone can participate.

And Vi, I was asking if you wanted discussion, or if you were asking these things in response to another post. I didn't want to cut YOURS off. No need to get snippy about it.

Chatty, my answer is Booker T. Washington.

JJ

#55412 - 12/13/05 06:38 AM Re: Do you know who said this?
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Doggone it JJ you are a smart lady, you got it and that blows me away. There is quite a brain under all that pretty red hair....NHJackie you're a doll and couldn't be anything else.

#55413 - 12/13/05 06:59 AM Re: Do you know who said this?
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Aw, you ladies are gonna make me cry. I was accused in another place (not here in Boomerland) of always having to have the last word and cutting off any discussion that didn't go the way I wanted. It was a big blow to my self esteem. I ended up dropping out of the group and nobody came to my defense. So I started to think maybe that person was right.

Sometimes my approval addiction rears its ugly head and I have to beat it back into submission.

#55414 - 12/13/05 07:23 AM Re: Do you know who said this?
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I'm no dummy myself, but Vi, I have no idea what you are talking about either. Nor, could I get onto that website LB mentioned without giving them information that I didn't choose to give out. (I don't sign onto stuff like that.)

I'm also asking, are those questions for one person in particular or is it for the group? It appeared to be private, which is fine. Just clarify please. If it is for the group, it has lost something somewhere along the line. What house is burning? Of course, I'd grab my purse, my jewelry, my kids pictures off the wall and run like hell if the house was on fire, but I don't know why an ostrich puts his fool head in the sand and I don't really care about that one. Sorry Chatty, didn't mean to insult ostriches.

Louisa

#55415 - 12/13/05 07:40 AM Re: Do you know who said this?
Danita Offline

Loc: Colorado
Ok,

Ya'll are much brighter then I am in the "book learnin"...

Here's a couple for ya from one of my favs...

"it's not the men in my life...but the life in my men".

"come see me sometime, come Wednesday, it's amature night".

"I used to be snow white, but I drifted".

"beleuha...give me a grape"

"oh, bow wow big boy!

(lol, this is MY speed!)

(I hope I wasn't the one to p.o'd people with my dorky quote a piece back)

Danita...

the most unusual color in the crayon package!

[ December 12, 2005, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Danita ]

#55416 - 12/13/05 07:47 AM Re: Do you know who said this?
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
did May West say all of those, Danita?
Louisa

Page 7 of 12 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved