The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 65 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#5643 - 12/08/03 04:07 AM Re: dating our spouses
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Lionspaw, that's beautiful.

Reminds me of what I believe is a Greek mythological theory of love.

They believed that true lovers were originally created by the gods and that they were born from heaven as one sphere-like being. The beings were extremely strong and powerful and over time their power for 'good' angered the demons. The demons then split the beings into two parts and made each part be born in a different place.

Depending on where the sphere was separated the halves could either be very much alike, but still half what they were intended to be, or they could be entirely different, but both a part of the whole.

Either way, both were necessary for completion and lovers were destined to search until they found the half that would make them whole.

Sounds like you've found your other half. I may have also. I wish it for all.

smile

[ December 07, 2003, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#5644 - 12/09/03 08:56 AM Re: dating our spouses
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
smilinize, I've never heard that before...how cool.

Are you recently married? I can't remember. Newlywed? [Wink]

#5645 - 12/08/03 11:11 PM Re: dating our spouses
smilinize Offline

I undertook a study of love a while back and that theory was in one of the books I read. It impressed me so much that I have never forgotten it.

As to my marital status. I guess I’m still a newlywed. I’ve been married for a little more than six months.

The marriage is not my first, nor his, and definitely not something either of us planned at this stage of life, but it is a “miracle of love” nonetheless. In fact, the marriage resulted from a long list of Prayers answered in unexpected ways and unforeseen “miracles of love.” It all began with a Christmas musical that I wrote several years ago. But that’s a whole other story....

Thank you for asking and I would love to hear from anyone else who might be in a similar situation.

smile

#5646 - 12/10/03 04:42 AM Re: dating our spouses
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Something similar happened to me 3 years ago.

#5647 - 12/10/03 07:24 AM Re: dating our spouses
smilinize Offline

Tell us more DJ.

smile

#5648 - 12/15/03 08:05 AM Re: dating our spouses
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
I knew my husbands family, mom/dad, sisters/brothers -- for about 8 mos prior to meeting him. My second husband was good friends with the family. When he was killed by a drunk driver, Dwight (my hubby now) and his brother were one of the pallbearers and that's when we were introduced. Over the next few months it seemed that everytime we turned around we were bumping into each other. His marriage, I would find out later, was rocky and when they split up - we became good friends -- helping each other get through that first Christmas without our spouses.

Shortly after Christmas he went to Aruba (construction work took him there for a job) and about 1 am, the morning he was to fly out of town, I felt compelled to get out of bed. I grabbed my guitar, went over and woke my cousin up to borrow her guitar case, went by his house and quietly dropped it off on his doorstep with a simple note saying -- "to remember me by".

I prepared myself that I might never see him OR my guitar ever again. I just kinda bounced off the walls for the next few months. Every once and awhile I'd hear that he had written to this person or that person and then one night, there he was -- standing in my doorway, guitar in hand, and with a simple "I remembered you" -- we've been together ever since [Smile]

There is no doubt in my mind that all the twists and turns -- people in our lives -- (and our love for music) were all put there to see that we found each other [Smile]

(by the way - he still has my guitar [Wink] )

#5649 - 12/15/03 08:42 AM Re: dating our spouses
smilinize Offline

Gee Lionspaw, that sounds like a romance book or something. "Trista and Ryan" pale in comparison.

smile

#5650 - 12/15/03 01:14 AM Re: dating our spouses
Julie Offline

Loc: Australia
Midnight rendezvous beside the Christmas tree - if the coast is clear - works for us [Wink]

#5651 - 12/15/03 02:10 AM Re: dating our spouses
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
[Smile] smilinize - we could be a romance story

The first time I saw Dwight -- I was at a warehouse with Jim (my second hubby) -- with 10-15 other guys working on their harley's -- This was where his dad had a glass shop. It was a real long warehouse -- and we hear this harley coming up the road -- pull into the door at the far end and just ruummbbble slowly through the doors and down the long warehouse and the guys start whispering to each other -- that's whitey -- bubba's brother - and mumble mumble -- so of COURSE I took a peak [Smile]

He pulls up and just nods at his dad and his brother -- never bothering to look at anyone else -- puts his kick stand down and then this mountain of a man -- all 6'4" 220 lb steps off this stretched out chopper and walks over to a toolbox -- he has long blonde hair down his back -and when he turns around he about melted me on the spot with those blue eyes ---- I had to remind myself I was a married woman [Razz]

Then as mysteriously as he had pulled up -- he got on his bike to ride away -- it was then that I noticed that this man that had brought everyone to a hush -- had FLOWERS painted on his gas tank -- and I made a mental note that someday I would have to meet this man --

I wish I hadn't had to be introduced to him under the horrible circumstances I was -- but it was then I started to believe that out of the darkness can come sunshine [Smile]

#5652 - 12/15/03 05:03 AM Re: dating our spouses
smilinize Offline

Lionspaw, if you keep revealing these little romantic tidbits to us, pretty soon, you'll have your romance book written. You'll just have to print out all your posts and mail them to a publisher.

Good idea?

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved