The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#5653 - 12/16/03 05:47 AM Re: dating our spouses
lionspaaw Offline

Loc: SW Florida
[Smile] but it's so much more juicy when it's just between us girls [Smile]

#5654 - 12/18/03 06:40 PM Re: dating our spouses
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Just returned from our overnight Christmas date in Georgetown. It was fantastic. A great time to get away from the hustle and bustle of the season and nestle in as a couple(not as parents)and pamper one another. [Big Grin]

Overnight dates...highly recommended! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#5655 - 12/19/03 04:11 AM Re: dating our spouses
lionspaaw Offline

sounds great dotsie [Smile]

know anyone that will babysit my pomeranians for the night ??????????? [Big Grin]

#5656 - 12/20/03 06:52 AM Re: dating our spouses
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I had a date with my husband tonight.

We eloped. We knew each other only about three weeks and we just decided to get married and we did. We both "just knew". And we didn't have sex before we were married either. We both knew we were waiting for something special. We walked forward in faith and our whole life has been so very special ever since.

We drove to a resort and they supplied a preacher who married us in a gazebo in a beautiful garden. We got to the small resort town late and all the stores were closed. My husband found a small gift shop open and he bought us $5 copper wedding rings. We've worn those rings ever since with plans to get 'real' rings at Christmas time.

We had decided on plain gold bands and my husband ordered them at the local jewelry store. Tonight he took me to pick them up. We put them on our hands and it was almost like being married all over again. We just looked at our hands and the gold bands seemed so 'real', so permanent.

After we got the rings, we went to dinner and stared into each other's eyes and thanked God for sending us to each other.

It was a wonderful romantic evening. Just wanted to share it.

#5657 - 12/20/03 07:52 AM Re: dating our spouses
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
wow! What a great way to end our evening by sharing that romantic night. My very, very best to you both! Good grief...if you women keep telling these romantic stories, the Queen here just might have to go out and snag a date! eeek! [Eek!]

#5658 - 12/20/03 06:09 PM Re: dating our spouses
Dotsie Offline
Founder

smilin, last night will go down in history for you!

You must tell us more...when did you elope, what resort, how did you meet (internet?), and any other little thing you want to tell us.

Jawjaw, hmmm...let's see, who whould make a perfect king for the queen? [Big Grin]

#5659 - 12/20/03 07:07 PM Re: dating our spouses
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Hands down, Mel Gibson...now leave me alone...

I have to write an article this weekend on PMS which means I have to turn on my male bashing mode...teehee...was it ever turned off? ahahahh...LOLOLOL...hehehe...ahaha...Lord, I'm funny!

#5660 - 12/21/03 02:08 AM Re: dating our spouses
lionspaaw Offline

smilin -- [Big Grin]

shortly after moving in with my hubby -- we went to Busch Gardens (like disney world but different [Smile] ) and he bought me a little ring -- just a little pretty thing -- cheap -- but i still have that ring -- 26 yrs later -- and it means as much to me as the wedding ring i was married with -----

but not quite as much as the ring i wear -- a simple little band he bought me for valentines day 7 yrs ago -- [Smile]

SOOOOooo HAPPY dating -- for a lifetime [Big Grin]

#5661 - 12/22/03 04:56 PM Re: dating our spouses
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Lion, thanks for sharing your enthusiasm for dating your hubby. It's so great to hear about happily married couples! [Big Grin]

The little ring stories reminds me of a plastic ring my son gave my mother when he was a little boy. SHe wore that thing like it was solid gold every time she saw him. Hmmm, I wonder if he remembers that. I bet not. Have to tell him that story!

#5662 - 12/23/03 03:21 AM Re: dating our spouses
lionspaaw Offline

let us know if he remembers --- my bet is that deep down it made a very big impact on him [Smile]

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved