The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 209 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#56373 - 09/10/05 10:34 PM Re: Katrina stories that touched your heart
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yesterday, I was in line behind a woman that had several small children. She paid for her food items with food stamps. Before she finished bagging her items, she walked over to the Katrina Relief barrel the store had set up, dropped some items in there, includeing a 12pk of tissue.

The people that don't have to give are giving in their own special way. I was overwhelmed by people 'trying to show me that they cared' since I they know that I'm a native. They brought items overs for me to send to my direct source in La. By noon my living room area was just too full. Several women came to help me package it up. They were so excited that they were able to help in some way. That brought happy tears to my eyes as we talked and looked at items (especially the tiny baby items) and wondered how the recipients would like the nice things given from the heart.

sugaree

#56374 - 09/11/05 03:48 AM Re: Katrina stories that touched your heart
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
A corporation with heart and I'm sure there are many more as well but the one I am speaking of is Red lobster....The owner, CEO was down in the area looking for his employees, they have many restaurants down there. It seems they have there own plan for there employees,they will continue to receive full pay and all be relocated and given a home to live in with an amount of money to get situaed and then be given their jobs back in other restaurants Red Lobster owns. Now this is a corporation with a heart....I understand Wal-Mart has one as well and is doing some wonderful things besides giving countless millions of dollars. Every single Animal rescue organization is down there trying to and saving animals. They are organized and really making a difference. They announced last night however that the animals not rounded up soon will have no cnahce at all for survival. The ones that arrived here by plane are so terribly traumatized, like innocent children they have no idea what happening. God Bless the rescuers and ALL the good people helping with whatever they can do or give...

#56375 - 09/12/05 05:39 PM Re: Katrina stories that touched your heart
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This makes me want to eat at the Red Lobster. They will reap the benefits of their grand gestures.

Anyone heard what Wal-Mart is doing?

Chatty, are you involved in caring for those animals? I know you take in pets for the shelter.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved