The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 124 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#56417 - 08/31/05 02:06 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Boomers Rock and Granny Panties, me thinks we have a couple of closet comedians in the group, soooo funny. Seriously though very happy to know you are all alright and hope all the others fare as well....

#56418 - 08/31/05 02:44 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Note to JJ: Cannot return granny panties to you as the postage is too costly for such a large package. [Big Grin]

I'm also happy that all of your are safe. It's still lightly storming here but nothing bad. I feel so horrible for all the people who have lost their homes and loved ones. A man on tv was sobbing. Lost his house and wife in one quick moment. It broke my heart.

#56419 - 08/31/05 03:26 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I saw that too, Dianne. Very heartbreaking. Everyone up here is also already preparing to send aid...we won't let you suffer through this alone!

And btw, thanks for the great pantie line! LOL!

#56420 - 09/01/05 07:09 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
The looting is very disheartening, but I heard on the news this morning that rescuers are arriving from all over the country. Maybe they will take the pressure off the police force a little so they can protect rather than rescue.

Thank God that almost all people evacuated!

Daisygirl

#56421 - 09/01/05 07:18 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
I'm really worried about Dee. I don't suppose anyone's been in contact with her. Doesn't she live in Mobile? I guess it wasn't quite as devastating there, but I'd still like to know she's okay. They may not get their power back for days or even weeks.

#56422 - 08/31/05 08:47 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I have't heard from Dee wither. Anyone?

I have to say I am upset with our president. Seeing those refugees sitting on the highway with nothing to eat and no bathrooms is so upsetting. Perhaps I'm impatient, but don't we drop food to refugees from helicopters in other countries?

Smile, the looting sickens me too. A woman news reporter kept saying it "disgusted her". I couldn't agree more. I believe the whole town is in such a panic that the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

I'm praying for clarity to make sharp decisions for all government leaders.

Update: my sister and her family and friends are still in Ocala, Florida trying to come up with a sensible plan. They want to go to friend's homes who have electricity and water on the west side of New Orleans. Personally, I don't want them near there. Who knows if another levee will break and flood that side of town...

This is all so very sad.

Our local Red Cross is having a two day class next week for people who are willing to go to the area and offer assistance for a three week period. A friend of mine is seriously considering doing so.

#56423 - 08/31/05 09:19 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Let's just pray that Dee has lost power and can't get on the computer!

#56424 - 08/31/05 11:26 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
A crew left this morning from Vegas with tons of equipment to help rescue people with two helicopters. I am just sick watching this and the devastation these poor people are being forced to endure. The looting is so sad. I am appauled at the way our government has handled this. They should have sent boats and transport helicopters to get those thousands of stranded people out of there. We have the equipment to do it, why not use it? Has anyone else noticed that the stars that ALL came forward to help the Tsunami survivors haven't made an appearance to help their fellow countrymen. Not one has come forward. I wonder if there will be live aid concerts for our people. No other Nation has offered assistance to us either. It figures!!!

#56425 - 09/01/05 12:07 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
Katrinka Offline

Loc: Central Pennsylvania
I hope someone hears from our Boomer friends who live near the Gulf soon. I have such a sick feeling in my stomach as I watch the coverage. I also share the anger and disgust that has been expressed by others. I'm so appalled about the looting. Stealing is illegal, but I'm willing to give concessions to those who are desperate and are taking things like bottled water and toilet paper. I could not believe that people were in a Walmart filling carts with expensive toys. Big expensive toys like those 4-wheelers that toddlers sit in. Other things like shoes and CDs. A pawn shop was looted of most of its guns. I'm infuriated about all this. It's disgusting.

I'm also upset about the President and his seeming lack of involvement. "We'll pray..." Okay Mr. President, that's all well and good, but right now people need help. And while you're at it, can you regulate the gas prices?

I thought I was just being cynical, but, I too, observed that no stars came forward to offer help.

Anyway, my thoughts and prayers are with the Gulf residents, though I know that's not much.
Marie

#56426 - 09/01/05 01:31 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
Pattyann Offline

Loc: Ocala Florida
Has anyone heard from Dee yet??
You know when the tsunami hit SE Asia we all went in there and helped the recovery.
I've been watching TV and has anyone heard of one foreign country that offered help or even said they feel for Us??I sure haven't

Page 4 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved