The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 194 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >
Topic Options
#56387 - 08/28/05 08:46 PM Hurricane Coming
Dee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Here we go again...Dotsie, JAWJAW, pray for me and my husband as this hurricane approaches...although we're not supposed to get the eye, we're on the east side of the storm...pretty rough. JAWJAW, I hope your area doesn't get any rippled affect from this thing. We're battening down the hatches, putting up plywood on the windows, putting together our supplies, storing water, etc...all the things we've done twice this year already. Yikes.
If my boomer sisters don't hear from me in awhile it's because we've lost electricity (let's hope that's all we lose) but as soon as things become normal again I'll pop in and say hello to my friends.
God Bless all of you...

#56388 - 08/28/05 08:53 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
Eagle Heart Offline

Loc: Canada
You're definitely in my heart-thoughts and prayers today, as are all my sisters in any area that might be even remotely affected by this hurricane.

#56389 - 08/28/05 09:30 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
Dee,

Where in Alabama are you all? We will be holding all of you in our prayers. This is a really bad ass storm girl!

Be careful.

Sandpiper

#56390 - 08/28/05 10:05 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
Whirlwind Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
I just heard that C-130 recon planes are reporting 190 mph wind gusts. Unless something happens, Katrina will roar ashore tomorrow morning as a Category 5 storm, with sustained winds in excess of 175 mph.

They are packing the Superdome with people who can't leave. Estimates are 100,000 will be in New Orleans when Katrina comes ashore (many are tourists in hotels who are stranded, moving to upper floors due to the expected flooding).

Pray for the people in Katrina's path. This is going to be very bad.

Whirlwind

#56391 - 08/28/05 11:32 PM Re: Hurricane Coming
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Trust me, you are all close in my heart. I have been corresponding with my sister who lives in New Orleans and has evacuated. You all are areceiving prayers from me.

Dee, in what town do you live so we can check it out on the weather channel as this storm hits land?

I am scared for those in New Orleans. They are below sea level to begin with.

#56392 - 08/29/05 12:14 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
I too am praying for everyone who may be in this terrible storm's path....it is indeed a very scary situation. Dotsie, I'm glad your sister has evacuated!

#56393 - 08/29/05 02:02 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
Dee Offline

I am just outside Mobile (Satsuma) but still in Mobile country. My husband and I were just putting up the last of the plywood on our windows when a large rain storm hit us...whew...just a tiny hint of what's to come...

Oh, my goodness, yes we're watching the new orleans thing...I truly fear for those people down there...I think we're in for something unlike anything we've ever seen before and for those in New Orleans, I'll be praying my heart out...and for us...

Thanks and please, keep us in your prayers.

Hugs,

Dee

#56394 - 08/29/05 02:37 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Here we go again. Wow, when this storm started out, it didn't look like it would amount to more than a category 1 or 2. You just never know with these storms. We are expecting rain from it over the next few days. It's starting already. 190 mile an hour winds! Egads. I just emailed a friend in New Orleans. Hope he's ok. Good luck to all who are in Katrina's path. Stay safe.
Louisa

#56395 - 08/29/05 03:06 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dee you poor dear, can't imagine living out the terrors of such a storm. Hope all is well for your family and all others involved. So scary!!!

#56396 - 08/29/05 04:18 AM Re: Hurricane Coming
Dee Offline

Thank you chatty lady...and others concerned. Yeah, I'm not looking forward to this at all...we've evacuated before and stayed at his mom's but our house has been here for 125 years so we're counting on it being here day after tomorrow...
We're going to get our teeth kicked in but not as badly as New Orleans...they're talking about the French Quarter not even being there after the storm...I cannot imagine...I've been to NO many times and it's the closest thing to Europe around these parts...of course, I never understood why anyone would want to build a city BELOW sea level in the first place...

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 ... 11 12 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved