The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 87 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#59642 - 01/08/04 10:49 AM Re: Unfashionable Illness
DreamrKate Offline

Loc: California
Merry Christmas.... Happy New Year......I've been off the board for weeks....and may I say... I actually like ironing. And if I could make any spare money at it... I would. I used to, many years ago, when I was 20 (or something) and made probably twenty cents apiece. I wonder how much I could get now. You never see ads for that kind of a service anymore.

And that's my little 'step back into the board.'

Kate

#59643 - 01/09/04 02:16 AM Re: Unfashionable Illness
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Dear sick puppy DreamerK....they get 1.00/item in these parts...

personally, I would put their kids thru college if they would do my laundry....I hate ironing...

#59644 - 01/10/04 11:25 AM Re: Unfashionable Illness
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
The reason you don't see ads is that not many people do it. You could place an ad in the Pennysaver (or whatever your local ad rag is). In caps: IRONING $1/garment; wedding gowns extra -- or something like that -- and see what results you get.

#59645 - 01/13/04 04:23 PM Re: Unfashionable Illness
Ellie Offline

Loc: Towson
I am trying to find my way around this forum and have already posted this in the wrong topic - Oh well here goes - I have just purchased the book a Purpose Driven Life - any comments from anyone who read the book do you recommend?? Did you keep a journal

#59646 - 01/13/04 06:03 PM Re: Unfashionable Illness
Maggie Offline

Loc: Oregon
Ellie,
Welcome. I too have just bought the book and because of what they have written about it in here it sounds like a wonderful book. I am going to do the journal along with it. [Smile]
Thanks,
Maggie

#59647 - 01/13/04 07:02 PM Re: Unfashionable Illness
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Hey Ellie, not to worry about the right spot for now. Just glad to have you here.

My hubby and I did this with a small group at our church this past fall. There is so much wisdom in that book. We didn't do the journal, but we did a study guide that our church provided. We also got to see funny Rick Warren on video each SUnday. The guy's a riot!

I say it's definetly worth the read, perhaps even a couple times.

I find it refreshing that it's nubmer two on the best seller's list. Just think of all these people reading this stuff! can't help but make this a better world to live in. [Wink]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved