The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 183 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#59660 - 01/20/04 07:37 PM Turning loose-uenrealized dreams
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
I've had a dream for a long time and I wanted to share it. I'm hoping to either forget it or clarify it. I'm not sure which.

For a long time I've dreamed of owning a theater in which to produce historical and Biblical musicals and plays. People who attend the historical shows and the Biblical shows that I write on commission always want to see more and having been a member of the National Institute of Outdoor and Historical theater and seeing similar theaters throughout the U.S. I think a theater like that could succeed here.

More than ten years ago I formed a non-profit corporation and obtained tax exempt status. I even bought sixty acres on which to build. I've obtained grants for similar projects for other organizations and maybe I could do it again. Or maybe I could do it to a limited degree by doing the initial funding myself. I just can't seem to turn the dream loose enough to involve people in it who could help.

In reality, owning my own theater is probably another way to avoid turning loose, in that I could control the performances. For some reason, after I hit forty, I have not been able to turn loose of anything I create. Same problem with my novel and plays. I never send them off. A publisher even attend one of my musicals and wrote me a couple of letters asking to see the manuscript. I never sent it. More than a year ago, a producer saw some of one of my puppet shows and heard my songs and wanted a synopsis to present to investors for an animated feature and I couldn't seem to send it. The same producer asked for synopses of all my work in December. Not yet sent.

I get encouragement and I think I can do it then I just don't. I don't even know why. Does anyone have those kinds of problems. Advice?

smile

#59661 - 01/21/04 08:00 AM Re: Turning loose-uenrealized dreams
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Smile, timing is everything! I'm convinced. Perhaps the timing hasn't been perfect yet, but stay focused and the perfect time may present itself. [Wink]

Try to figure out what's that's keeping you from submitting and following through. Perhaps, for now, it's okay to hold off. Once you can discern what's holding you back, you may be able to move forward with confidence.

I think we have to follow our dreams. I am with this whole boomer women project. I've found it to be my PASSION. I'd hate for you to miss out on that feeling if it's there waiting for you with one of these irons you already have in the fire.

Please check out this site and perhaps you will feel motivated, or some seeds will be planted:
www.bibleonstage.com

I know you're from outer space, but how near is that to Lancaster, PA? IF you go htere to desearch, let me know and I'll meet you. [Big Grin] It's only a little over an hour away!

#59662 - 01/20/04 09:23 PM Re: Turning loose-uenrealized dreams
smilinize Offline

Thank you for the encouragement Dotsie. And for the wonderful site. Outer space is well over a thousand miles from Lancaster, but I may just have to touch down there some time soon.

What a wondeful theater. Exactly what I had in mind except I also wanted to have an outdoor venue for the historical musicals. They involve larger casts and if performed outdoors attract a tourist audience as well as locals.

I've been working on my problem of not submitting since graduate school. I published, etc. before, but not since. Maybe it's this strange age?? I have several opportunities now and I'm trying to deal with it. I was always so over confident before, but since forty, I question myself and do nothing. I hope to deal with it somehow this year.

Prayer may be the only answer.

Thanks again.

smile

#59663 - 01/21/04 06:30 AM Re: Turning loose-uenrealized dreams
smilinize Offline

I forgot to add my ultimate dream and the reason I wanted to build a theater. I wanted to use it as a nucleus for an arts camp for troubled kids. There is nothing quite like what happens to troubled kids who achieve in the arts. In almost every play there's a kid on the edge of delinquency who slumps into the theater, not even interested then gets involved and struts out feeling like a star. It's the best of feelings. I think it would be evident in any art form and it seems like kids without sports ability need some place to excel.

smile

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved