The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 99 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#60006 - 11/17/04 01:46 AM Re: Relative celebrating!
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Kira! That is wonderful news for everyone involved. Good for Mom I say!

JJ

#60007 - 11/17/04 02:12 AM Re: Relative celebrating!
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
We have sort of settled the holiday dilemna.
I do T-giving nd all are invited. I think I will invite a few friends this year to spice it up and my sister always has to run it on her agenda since they will be going to the movies or someplace else so we have to hurry and have desert. With non family there, she can just leave when she wants and we will leisurely eat our way through the day and night.

Christmas is at my sisters. She remarried 2 or 3 years ago and now has 5 kids instead of 3. We only buy for the kids but 5 kids add up on the holidays and birthdays.

Easter is at my brothers' house. We do too much at easter with baskets etc. Fortunately this year, only Nathan and his one cousin who is 8 got baskets.

So7 kids on my side.

We try to get together sometime over the holiday at my husband's brothers to see nephews, their families and kids. Total of 4 kids here. We do very little here - only if we see them because divorce has reared its ugly head and we are related to the father side of the divorces and the mothers are in control mostly.

I think this year, we will try to get his family to our house but doubt the little kids can come because Mom's won't let them travel out of state.

Also, I work at a residential school and as an administrator, to ask off is an insult to our Director. That is what I was told. So to have time off to enjoy family and take care of all the trappings, is very difficult with my job. But I would love to have the week off to just be with family and friends.

It is all complicated but it is a time when family and friends come to the forefront of our lives. We need to relish that.

Lynn

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved