The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#60172 - 02/24/05 11:27 PM Re: Pet Peeve
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Oh Chatty, what would we do without you?

Okay, I'm with you on the change thing, but here's another part that drives me nuts.

After the cashier has plugged in the amount of money you are giving them, try adding a penny, or some amount of change to make your change more even. They don't know what to do. They don't know how to figure out change for themselves without the machine telling them how much to give.

Something I bought came to some dollar amount and 51 cents. After she punched in the amount I was giving her I added a penny so she would only have to give me the two quarters.

She told me I COULDN'T DO THAT! I proceeded to tell her how much change to give me and totally confused her. She wouldn't take my penny. It was too confusing. Oh boy....

#60173 - 02/25/05 12:23 AM Re: Pet Peeve
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
well, that was one thing about being a cashier...I sure got a lot better about doing math in my head! But a penny!! Dotsie, you must have been appalled! I would have been.

#60174 - 02/25/05 12:28 AM Re: Pet Peeve
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
One of my biggest pet peeves is when people misuse the word "entitled". I always hear or see it written like this:

The book, entitled BEST BOOK EVER will make a million bucks.

The book isn't entitled to anything. It's TITLED, not ENTITLED.

Am I too picky?

#60175 - 02/25/05 12:44 AM Re: Pet Peeve
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
oh gee thanks Ms Vicki...now I got to go back and read all my post and see if I did that...

I'm entitled to a defense ain't I?

How bout the "drive thru rejects" that go "Welc^&^%&%to%^&*8May I ^&^&%&%9 order?

You're sitting there going "huh?" And then when you ask them to repeat it they scream at you. Heaven forbit you ask for extra ketchup...gees louise! You would think it was made of gold...

Chatty...the hose comment was priceless!

JJ

#60176 - 02/25/05 12:46 AM Re: Pet Peeve
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Oh...I just remembered...one thing that drives me batty is when you are making a purchase and the clerk is talking on her headset to Romeo or somebody and not paying attention. Hello? That's my money. And when you have to interrupt and say, "Honey, excuse me, but I think you made an error" welllllll look out sister...You've done it then! They get angry. Course....they only get angry with me ONCE. Don't try to out hateful me, you won't win.

JJ

#60177 - 02/25/05 05:01 AM Re: Pet Peeve
unique Offline

sweet little 'ol you, Jaw Jaw? Surely not! [Eek!]

#60178 - 02/25/05 06:02 AM Re: Pet Peeve
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

oh you're right Unique....I was only joshn'

....I don't holler and scream at um....I just pull um across the counter and get eyeball to eyeball....ahahahahah...eyeball to---get it? hahahah....hahaoohohoh....ahem..ahem.

okay, okay...I'm only joshn'...teehee....

JJ

#60179 - 02/25/05 12:15 PM Re: Pet Peeve
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I don't think I've ever been to a drive-thru, but I agree with Dotsie about the clerks with the brains of a few small coins. I've had arguments with some of them, who couldn't figure the change thing out even after I showed them the math on a piece of paper. Stupid people really drive me crazy.

#60180 - 02/25/05 02:29 PM Re: Pet Peeve
unique Offline

Meredith....that reminds me of one of my favorite bumper stickers.....stupid people shouldn't breed....Politically Incorrect? Yeah. And the point is......? Whoever would have thought that the truth would become politically incorrect? [Roll Eyes]

#60181 - 02/25/05 07:30 PM Re: Pet Peeve
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I owned a Dairy Queen and mostly hired teens. These were kids who made top grades in school. Brilliant. But they did weird, stupid things, etc. Maybe it's a maturity thing? I was never taught how to make change in school. My dad made my sister and I learn, from him. That way, we could work for him in one of his many businesses. I didn't like working for him but I'm glad he taught me how to make change.

I worry about what our kids today don't learn in school. Some of the spelling I see. It's horrible.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved