The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 148 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#60395 - 07/27/05 09:26 PM Drugs
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My doctor just put me on a new drug for my cholesterol. I don't want to take it!!!!! [Mad] They have so many side affects and there's so much to watch out for but I've tried everything to get my levels down and nothing has worked and I sure don't want to have a stroke or heart attack. Do any of you take statins?

#60396 - 07/27/05 11:12 PM Re: Drugs
Happy Birthday Princess Lenora Offline

Loc: Colorado
Dianne, what else did the tests reveal? Last I heard, the doc spent 45 minutes with you. You were having pains from the neck to the back of the head? You were using intuition to guide you because you just didn't feel right? What is the latest, besides hi cholesterol? Love and Light, Lynn

#60397 - 07/27/05 11:27 PM Re: Drugs
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Just high LDL levels and high cholesterol. I think I might have been stressed without knowing it. Traveling a lot, company, etc. so that might have been what was causing the pressure.

I really don't want to take this med. I talked with the pharmacist for a long time and he helped me a lot. I just have to watch out and be aware of any changes in my body that might be something serious.

#60398 - 07/28/05 02:20 AM Re: Drugs
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
The statin drugs are derivatives of the same structure as Nystatin which is a treatment for fungus infections. Side effects include kidney and liver damage, but that can be managed by close monitoring.

There are some theories about high cholesterol and a number of other conditions resulting from the proliferation of fungi as a result of the over-ingestion of antibiotics both in the form of drugs and in meat from animals who are fattened more quickly by being given antibiotics.

You can take pro-biotics to replace the healthy bacteria that balances the fungi and some diets at least in theory can actually starve the fungi.

Taking the drugs under medical supervision might be easier, but be sure to be monitored for side effects.

smile

#60399 - 07/29/05 07:03 AM Re: Drugs
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Dianne, in many cases you can do all you want, but due to the hereditary factor, you may not see big changes. Do/did either your mom or dad suffer from this?

#60400 - 07/29/05 07:04 AM Re: Drugs
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

My dad does. He's on Lipitor. Mom is fine. I plan on making my doctor do blood work often so I can rest easier.

#60401 - 07/28/05 10:02 PM Re: Drugs
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Dianne there are different foods that lower cholesterol. I read a report some time ago that inflammation of the arteries was responsible for more heart attacks than cholesterol, however it is wise to balance the cholesterol levels.

There are so many studies out there refuting studies before them; it's hard to know what the truth is. You almost have to study the studies and find out whose funding the studies...in many cases studies are done in order to bring forth findings to promote new pharmaceutical remedies.

Olive oil, lots of vegetables and flax seed oil would help. But it's best if you check out a nutritionist or check out chinese nutrition which is based on thousands of years of study. 'Healing with Whole Foods' by Paul Pitchford is a fantastic book that explains the effects on the systems within. There are alot of great books out there.

With love
Leigha

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved