The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 63 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#60434 - 08/15/05 06:03 PM Re: Construction guys!!! (RANT)
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
That is the makings of a great article Fifty...
Guidepost material?

JJ

#60435 - 08/15/05 09:37 PM Re: Construction guys!!! (RANT)
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Fifty, and the perfect verse to go along with the Guidepost story is:

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Beautiful story. This is the kind of thing that should be on the evening news.

#60436 - 08/19/05 04:50 PM Re: Construction guys!!! (RANT)
msdiana Offline

Loc: Stuttgart, Germany
i loved that story...hope to read it again soon [Wink] (in guidepost, reader's digest, or capper's weekly!) because it is inspiring and so very thoughtful...
ripples in a pond (or a kiddie pool [Smile] )...

we live in an apt building here on base...we are surrounded by buildings undergoing renovation...additionally, the lawnwork and landscaping is done by contractors and the recycling/garbage island is centrally located (next to our building)...every single day it's fumes and noise from any or all of the above...
fortunately, germany has "sound laws" that apply from 6pm-6am as well as weekends...
no matter how noisy it gets, i know it will end every day and that a loud party can't take its place...
anything beats the touch-n-go's of harriers and f-15's at cherry point, nc...they weren't everyday but rather twice a month...no one within a 10 mile radius was in a good mood...
the front gate of the base was aptly marked "pardon our noise, it's the sound of freedom"...mothers of small children who could not get them down for naps no matter what would have gladly "freed" their toddlers into the pilot's lockerroom for a day if they thought they could've gotten away with it [Big Grin]

[ August 19, 2005, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: msdiana ]

#60437 - 09/26/05 11:37 PM Re: Construction guys!!! (RANT)
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
I am getting very annoyed!!!
The house down the block with more than ONE FAMILY living there & going to school off my tax dollars ILLEGALLY.......is building an addition to the back of their house!
There are no permits or any construction company doing the work.
With all I went thru & dealt with LEGALLY...I am soooooooooo annoyed!!!!
Ok. Ranting done.

#60438 - 09/27/05 04:34 AM Re: Construction guys!!! (RANT)
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
City inspectors, if notified will put a halt to the building and the health department might want to know about the two families in a one home dwelling. Besides ranting if you're seriously concerned and have sufficient reason there are steps that can be taken.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved