The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 70 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#6069 - 10/07/04 11:05 PM Re: Here's a question for ya
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
He was only being a man...

Need I say more?

#6070 - 10/07/04 11:08 PM Re: Here's a question for ya
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Just read all the posts again and:

I REST MY CASE!!! [Wink]

#6071 - 10/08/04 01:50 AM Re: Here's a question for ya
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
quote:
Originally posted by Dianne:
I should tell you this sad tale took place last year and I didn't tell her. Now, I'm the bad guy for not telling her! Yep, don't blame the wandering husband...blame me! I did confront the man and we had a very bad argument. I threatened to tell his wife and he just threatened me! I was in a lose-lose place. The sister of the wife called me on the phone and called me horrible names. I ended up hanging up on her it was so abusive.

How did the wife find out? And how did she and the sister know you knew? If you told them, maybe they saw you as a co-conspirator.??

Sounds like the wife was simply striking out in pain. I would think she 'knew' all along and either couldn't or wouldn't face up to it. If you had told her, you would have been seen as the source of pain and probably attacked even more viciously.

As to his reaction, Men!!
smile

#6072 - 10/08/04 05:41 PM Re: Here's a question for ya
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

She finally realized when she discovered the two of them were taking off from their jobs at the same time for a vacation. She suspected before that. I had to even go see a counselor over this, I was so upset, the other woman being related to me. The counselor said, it isn't your place to tell the wife. My husband said the same thing. So, I just stood back and waited for the wheels to fall off this mess and they did. It got REAL ugly. [Mad]

Just a few days ago, the creep called my house, trying to find my relative and didn't know where she was. Didn't leave a message but his number was on my caller ID. So, I called the wife and told her he was trying to contact this gal through me and this time, I wasn't going to be quiet about it. She says they are now divorced but he's still living in the house [Confused] and how much she hates this female relative of mine and I've already heard all of that before but I listened. Don't even think about blaming that jerk she's married to, right? So, she calls me back and the jerk is there, she puts me on the speaker phone and it got nasty. What a liar he is. You wouldn't believe the tale he made up and I just laughed. Whatever. Told him he better lose my phone number and never, ever call it again or I'd take a restraining order out against him. I hate confrontations like this. He said my relative had called him a month ago and he was just returning her call, although she hadn't left a message. I mean, stupid stuff. I told him nobody had called him from my phone and if they had, I would know because I go over my bill every month and his number would have jumped out at me. You know, I think his ex wife really wanted to believe him. Isn't that sad? Whatever. Let the two of them do whatever it is they do but I don't want my family drug into it anymore.

#6073 - 10/09/04 07:37 AM Re: Here's a question for ya
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
A stimulating topic Dianne...thank you for posting it and jolting my memory.

I spoke at a women's conference several years ago on "Perception...people seeing the same situation differently.

There are times in our lives when we give or seek opinions. We say " If it was me, this is what I would do or say." Advice or opinions are usually given in a genuine, sincere manner.This is a part of life... who we are and what we do. We are contributing to change in an ever changing world.

We however can have a "change of heart" when it is us or God forbid our children (family, etc.) in the same/similar situation.

Your post asked " When is it right to tell and when is it right to be quiet? "

Is there a right or wrong? We do what we feel is right at the time, based on our information. We (people in general) should not grieve over past decisions. We can only pray to God that we learn something valuable from them.

If you had it to do it over again...?( your relative)

If your friend had to do it over again...?(telling you)

If it happened to you again...? (adultry)

Would all answers be the same in this different time and place?

If it was me?... I know what I think you
should do... but, "I" would have to be "you" in the exact situation before I'd know what I really would do.

If a son-in-law was committing adultry...? Ladies?

Oh this ever changing world...

just my opinion [Wink]

#6074 - 10/09/04 06:47 PM Re: Here's a question for ya
Thistle Cove Farm Offline

Loc: Tazewell County, VA, USA
doesn't matter if you tell or don't tell...you are still gonna be the bad guy in all this.

Sandra, the voice of experience standing in a very long line with the rest of you.

#6075 - 10/10/04 01:10 AM Re: Here's a question for ya
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Geesh, are there any of us who haven't been cheated on?

#6076 - 10/10/04 02:08 AM Re: Here's a question for ya
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well, does it count if its with dirty book pictures of very youthful girls in school type uniforms, pigtails etc. with their private parts
exposed for all the world to see? If so, then yes I have too. Real broads or picture book cheating starts in the mind anyway and travels to his p-n-s or when that doesn't function (forever limp) then it stays in the mind. Forever limp, hummm, isn't that a song by Rod Stewart?? chuckle... [Big Grin]

#6077 - 10/10/04 05:42 AM Re: Here's a question for ya
DJ Offline

Loc: Ohio
Since we're talking about what we would or wouldn't do, I want to say that if I told my friend that I knew her husband was cheating on her, and she got mad at me for it -- I'd rather not be friends with someone like that, who wasn't interested in knowing the truth. I prefer friends who are _seekers_ after truth.

My husband cheated on me and I didn't find out until after he said he wanted a divorce. He also tried to cheat me out of my half of our property. If I could've found ANYONE who knew that he'd cheated on me, it would've made my divorce a lot easier for me. As it was, I had to deal with his ridiculous demands. Yeah, I got the house in the end, but had to fight for what was legally mine to begin with.

#6078 - 10/11/04 07:58 AM Re: Here's a question for ya
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I'm a golden rule person when it comes to these issues, but sometimes we have to wonder if harm will come from our intent to do good.

Eg., you know something about an individual and you think you need to tell the child's parents, or spouse. What will they do with the information? Will they bring harm to their loved one? Just a thought...a sick thought, but there are sick people in the world.

My point is not to do harm in an effort to do good.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved