The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 118 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Topic Options
#60774 - 11/01/05 06:01 AM Turning A Whine Upside Down
mellodysmiles Offline

Loc: Redding, CA
After battling the crowds at the grocery store I wheeled my cart out to my distant parking space. I noticed that someone had swung their car into the space next to me so carelessly that they were encroaching into my spot. Irritated--mostly because I have a new car--I grumbled my discontent. I checked to make sure they had not "dinged" my car and shut my groceries up in the trunk. Returning my cart to the cart return stall, I gave the intruding car another withering look (as if the car was the perpetrator) and drove away. Two miles and five traffic lights later I pulled into my garage. Then it hit me like a bolt from the sky...my purse was not in the seat next to me. I jumped out of my car, opening the trunk with my key fob as I ran...No purse among the grocery bags! I jumped back in my car and peeled out of my drive way. Oh Dear God, Please Help me I repeated from the depths of my heart, tears forming in my eyes. Of couse, I hit every red light and got behind every slow poke driver. I finally swung into the parking lot and raced toward the area of my abandoned cart. My heart skipped a few beats until I saw what looked like my purse still in the cart where I left it. Yes, yes, yes, it's there! Praise You Lord God, Thank You! What a lesson in the Grace of God and the attitude that had caused me to leave my purse in the cart in the first place. If I had not been so busy being irritated at the driver in the space next to me I would have taken my purse out of the cart and all the heart stopping moments could have been avoided. Next time-- and you know there will be a next time--I hope I check my attitude, take a deep breath, and move on with purse, heart, and peace of mind firmly in my grip.

#60775 - 11/01/05 06:37 AM Re: Turning A Whine Upside Down
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Sounds as if you have some of the same life lessons, that I get to experience.
Couldn't help but chuckle when I read your story.
How amazing that your purse was still there.

#60776 - 11/01/05 02:27 PM Re: Turning A Whine Upside Down
Junebug Offline

Loc: 10 yrs in OH now, 47 yrs in Tx
mellody.
Praise God! I have left mine in restraunts many times and they have always been where I left them. Since I no longer drive, I do not carry a purse any longer, my husband is always with me. I was tested for Alz, I do not have it and do have intellegence left, but my short term memory is so bad I forget I am intellegent anymore! LOL It is just safer if I wear the old fanny pack if I have to carry something. LOL

#60777 - 11/02/05 09:54 PM Re: Turning A Whine Upside Down
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
Isn't it amazing how quickly we can change our perspective when something like that happens. Life is too short to let the little annoyances get you down. Which doesn't mean I always practice what I preach, but I do try.

#60778 - 11/03/05 03:37 AM Re: Turning A Whine Upside Down
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Mellody that reminds me of a recurring nightmare I use to have for many many years, never was able to find my purse in it though, whoa what a feeling. Glad your true life adventure had a happy ending.... [Big Grin]

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved