The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 191 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#6142 - 11/15/04 12:47 AM Re: Emotional/mental cheating
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Some of the messages here would be perfect for the battered women on my site.

They are so accustomed to people making them fearful, preaching to them, warning them, making them feel guilty for being honest...it would be perfect! It would make them feel at home. Just like they felt when they lived in abuse...afraid to open their mouths.

#6143 - 11/15/04 03:28 AM Re: Emotional/mental cheating
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
How pitiful we would all be to allow FEAR to govern our posts. I for one will NOT! I intend to act, business as usual and suggest that all follow suit. The types that stalk victims would hardly be looking here. Be yourselves. We all use fictious names anyway and don't give our home information and believe you me if anyone wanted to find you bad enough and they had nothing but time and money to waste, they probably could find you, know anyone like that, I don't. I suggest my dear Boomer sisters we relax and enjoy this wonderful experience we all share. Unfortunately there are doomsday slayers
everywhere waiing to instill their own fears within you, don't fall victim to that...This is suppose to be FUN [Big Grin] so lets have fun... [Wink]

#6144 - 11/15/04 06:01 AM Re: Emotional/mental cheating
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Oh wait. I was confused. Mixedmataphors must be the new facilitator. Sorry!

[ November 14, 2004, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Dianne ]

#6145 - 11/15/04 11:15 AM Re: Emotional/mental cheating
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
I think my best defense against all the wackos out there is occasionally seeming more wacked out than they are. [Roll Eyes]

#6146 - 11/16/04 08:01 AM Re: Emotional/mental cheating
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Ladies...Ladies.

Let's stop this. I am not asking for explanation as to who said what to whom. I am also not saying lay down and let someone run over you either.

What I AM saying is that some how in the past week or so, we have lost sight of the REAL purpose of this wonderful haven for Boomer women. Stop what you are doing and read this post all the way thru. Don't make me come over there. I mean it!

Dotsie vision wasn't for bickering, fighting, cattyness, and hate to fill this cyberspace. It was for a big old house (if you will) that's full of open doors and rooms full of love and understanding. Peace. Helpfulness. Love for each other. HEALING. THE GOLDEN RULE. Any of this ringing in your ears? I hope so. What are we doing girls?

Yes, we have differing opinions and that's what makes this world such an interesting and wonderful place to be, but for the LOVE OF US ALL, don't let's try and force feed our voices down someone else's throat. Don't let's scare off would-be Boomer Babies who need friends...who need a place to call their cyberhome. Who need healing. Who are scared maybe and just needs a friend.

If you were wrong (and I'm NOT taking sides here) SAY SO. Do it privately, openly, or put it on a billboard. I don't give a rip HOW you do it...but DO IT.

I believe in this site with all of my heart and being. I believe in you all, and I think that sometimes, (self included) we either get up in a bad mood, or we are just out of sorts and we attack. Every one's got their own reasons for saying what they say. Does it make it right? NO IT DOESN'T. I am including myself in this hand-slapping, behind the wood-shed talk, okay?

But girls....before it's too late and we've destroyed everything this site stands for, let your apology be felt. Do it NOW. Don't let hurt feelings fester. Get a grip!

I'm starting this off myself because I love each and every one of you gals.

If I have, in any of the past forums, hurt your feelings by being too blunt or forcing my own beliefs on you, then you have my most sincere apology. I promise to be the best friend that I can possibly be to you, and for you. I want you to grow, to be all that you can be, and to have my unconditional love and friendship. I pledge this to you all.

Now--let's start anew.

Love,

Georgia

#6147 - 11/15/04 09:33 PM Re: Emotional/mental cheating
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Ditto to the QUEEN!!
smile

#6148 - 11/15/04 09:57 PM Re: Emotional/mental cheating
Claire Offline

Loc: Dublin, Ireland
Well said JJ. Me too. If I have hurt anyone or anything like that, I apologise from deep in my heart. Some of the language has been very strong on some of the posts here and I am wondering how it got like that. I love a good discussion and a sharing of opinions, as do many of the others here and there's nothing wrong with that and I hope we can get back to civilised debate and sisterly support. It's possible to have differences of opinion without cattyness and belligerence. Yes. Lets start again, expressing our love, our opinions, our thoughts without all that.
Love to all
Clairey xxx

#6149 - 11/15/04 10:26 PM Re: Emotional/mental cheating
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
As always our Queen instills her greatness and her wisdom within us. I already apologized the other day for any part I may have had in hurt feelings and now I reinforce that apology, ten fold. I have always tried to look at life with a hopeful and happy heart, most things are funny to me, I can laugh at myself probably louder than I laugh at others. I hate being serious all the time and my friends would tell you I never am....surprise, surprise because I have been far too serious at times in here. By the way my recipe challenge is still open, come on ladies test me, think I've done pretty good so far. I have to say the figs nearly stumped me though...LOVE and HUGS to you all... [Big Grin]

#6150 - 11/16/04 12:55 AM Re: Emotional/mental cheating
Pam Kimmell Offline

Loc: Warrenton, Virginia
No wonder you are the Queen JJ....! Thanks for grabbing us by the shoulders and giving us a bit of a shake. I hope I've never offended anyone here, but if so, believe me it was unintentional - and I humbly apologize.

Now - back to the business of Boomering!! [Wink]

#6151 - 11/16/04 01:12 AM Re: Emotional/mental cheating
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Yes, please and thank you. I love the women on this site. I really do. Sorry if any of my words offended.

Page 7 of 11 < 1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved