The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#61109 - 02/10/06 06:24 AM Re: can't find peace
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Scorpio...your pain really saddens me...my married daughter lives on the other side of the country and although she doesn't have children yet I feel that a part of me is missing each morning that I wake up and know that I can't see her today even if I wanted to...she promises me that they are waiting until they move back East to become pregnant...but I'm being realistic knowing what a mobile society we have become.My parents were a huge part of my kids lives and I want to a presence in my grandchildren's lives as well...I just don't know what the answer is...but my heart goes out to you in a very big way...do they have a computer?maybe you can buy some webcams ..keep one for yourself and send one to the grandkids and have a regular time each day for them to "visit Grandma" on the computer...that way they can see you and you can see them while you talk...those cams aren't very expensive either...it's just a thought...

#61110 - 02/10/06 07:05 AM Re: can't find peace
Scorpio115 Offline

Loc: New York
Nancy: Thanks for your kindness. I've found a lot of that on this site and that's why I keep coming back. It gives me the ability to vent instead of keeping it bottled up. Plus, I have interest in the suggestions. Webcams are okay and they've been spoken of before, but we need the physical contact. We've so much to offer them and time is going by so quickly. We've missed out on all of the 'firsts' and I envision a future where they will barely feel a bond with us. I guess sometimes we just have to play with the cards that we're dealt, at least that's what I'm told. But, I can't let it go. Love is too strong.

#61111 - 02/10/06 07:49 PM Re: can't find peace
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
This is a growing topic among boomers. Families are spread throughout the country/world and we are scrambling to stay in touch.

I think it would be wise of the airline industry to recognize this and offer grandparent/granchildren fares. Wouldn' that be cool?

I have three siblings who have grandchildren. Two of them have out of state grandchildren. I think it's sad.

I was recently talking about this with another woman. We said that we raise our kids to be independent, to go for it, make the best of themselves personally and professionally...and what happens? They end up far away.

I believe the ones who are away from home feel it too. I'm sure they have monments of wishing they were back in their home town. Don't you think? Just like flipper.

#61112 - 02/11/06 08:19 AM Re: can't find peace
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
Scorpio, 1 reason I am so adament about staying in town, is that I know if I moved away my son would not make the effort to see me. You know what they say about sons, a son is a son until he takes a wife, a daughter is a daughter all her life. I overlook a lot in order to not feel hurt, as I'm sure many others do too.

#61113 - 02/10/06 11:53 PM Re: can't find peace
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
I'm not being unsypathetic here, but having so many kids and having nearly all of them still at home, I'm with Bill Cosby - "We just want to get them out of the house before we DIE!!" [Big Grin]

#61114 - 02/11/06 12:03 AM Re: can't find peace
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Boy...can I relate to that.

#61115 - 02/11/06 03:09 AM Re: can't find peace
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
We didn't see as much as we would have liked of Ed when he was going to school in Seattle, but we knew it was the right place for him to be.

Of course, now he and his sister both live in NY, and we don't see them too often because they're both working all the time. Not that I'm complaining about that, but still...... We're planning a visit to NY in March on the way to Chuck's sister's wedding in VA.

#61116 - 02/11/06 06:17 AM Re: can't find peace
Scorpio115 Offline

Loc: New York
Judging from most of the responses, though all truly sympathetic, I'm getting the picture that I should just get over it. I should be and truly am, happy as long as they're well. Things could be worse. I will have to take steps to move on. It is what it is and I can't really change it. Maybe that's what I'll do.......just make the best of it. But I miss those little kiddos..........

#61117 - 02/12/06 02:53 AM Re: can't find peace
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Scorpio, my son is almost 10 hours from home and he's only 20. I really miss him. I try to stay focused on how happy and independent he is. It helps.

#61118 - 02/12/06 07:25 AM Re: can't find peace
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Scorpio..I don't know how you can "just get over" the love you feel...I think if you keep calling your grandkids and sending them little pieces of your heart and seeing them whenever you are able...they will be drawn to you naturally...who can ever turn away from your kind of love...but at the same time...continue to live your life and forge new interests and please don't let the hurt you are feeling completely consume your life...things can change in an instant...Hang in there Girlfriend!

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved