The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 130 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#61155 - 01/26/06 01:56 AM Re: Those Plastic Security Tags
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Was Head of Security for Joseph Magnins The Store of the Stars on the Las Vegas strip and I have never known a security tag that didn't beep or that was deactivated once the item was paid for, is this something new? Seems that we are going backwards in safeguards if that is the case. I never saw a tag with ink in it either especially with the merchandise prices in this upscale store....Can you imagine the lawsuits if clerks forgot to remove tags and people tried to and ruined an expensive garment plus permanently stained their hands? Oh boy!!!

[ January 25, 2006, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#61156 - 01/26/06 02:47 AM Re: Those Plastic Security Tags
ladybug Offline

Jackie, all of our libraries have that security system too.

#61157 - 01/26/06 05:49 AM Re: Those Plastic Security Tags
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Well, I must say that this is a new one on me . I worked retail and If you went out the door those security system would beep and I have never seen any ink in them . I purchased a velour blouse for the holidays and the store sales clerk removed one store tag and forgot to take the other one off of the blouse set with the jacket , when I went threw the security the light and beeper went off and we went back for the sales clerk to remove it.

My security tage sure did not deactivate when I went threw the door . We learn something new everyday . Chatty , I have to agree on the lawsuits .

[ January 25, 2006, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Renee ]

#61158 - 01/28/06 09:50 PM Re: Those Plastic Security Tags
ladybug Offline

Never having worked in any store it totally surprised me when I took two Vanity Fair bras back to the store. This is what took place.

My daughter didn't like the fit on either of them even though she does wear this brand. I told her to try them on first but leave all the tags on just in case.

When I returned them the sales clerk thanked me for leaving on all the tags. She said that if I had taken the tags off the store is required by law, to throw them out even though they are brand new and were not worn. I did learn many years ago to never take tags off of anything before I am sure I want to keep the item. It makes it a lot easier if I do have to return something.

#61159 - 01/29/06 11:26 AM Re: Those Plastic Security Tags
flipperjo Offline

Loc: ND
did you know you can set off the alarm with a dvd? i took my granddaughter to the mall and had her "elmo" dvd in the diaper bag. i couldn't figure out why i kept setting off alarms when i hadn't even bought anything. finally, a clerk asked me if i had a dvd with me and sure enough, that was what was setting off alarms. she ran it over her pad that neutralizes it and we were off and running.

#61160 - 01/30/06 02:47 AM Re: Those Plastic Security Tags
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I set the alarm off at a Wal Mart once walking through the door with my cell phone in my pocket and the greeter said, "oh, that happens all the time."

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved