The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 70 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#6210 - 11/30/04 07:22 PM Re: pitching in
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Gads Louisa! What a nightmare!

Chatty...whatever works. If his payments make life easier for you, go for it! I think it sounds grand myself.

#6211 - 11/30/04 09:09 PM Re: pitching in
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Louisa, the things we take for granted!

I was recently rear-ended in town and didn't know what hit me either. It's an odd feeling.

I was in a car accident with two of my sisters while in my aunt's funeral procession. We weren't as lucky as you. My sissies were okay, but I had a bum shoulder for a year and finally had surgery.

*Always be careful while driving in funeral processions. A guy didn't realize it was a procession and plowed right into us. Not a good scene for Mom and Dad to witness while on they're way back to the place for refreshments. An ambulance, daughter's wrecked car, and three daughters hunched on a curb! [Eek!]

Chatty, you've lived with him beofre so you know what you're in for. I trust your judgment. I'm happy for the help with your financial load.

He also had your good food on Thanksgiving...so what do you expect? [Razz] [Big Grin]

#6212 - 12/01/04 03:25 AM Re: pitching in
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Oh how awful, Dotsie. We were actually stopped when he hit us. It was just as we got to the gravesite and were parking the cars. He was an elderly man who should probably not have still been driving. Scary thing to happen inside a cemetery.

I went back to work today. My husband is having turkey soup right now. He's a sweetheart. He made me spaghetti. He knew I wouldn't eat the turkey soup. I may never eat turkey again. Also, I am afraid the stuff went bad in the fridge all that time with no power. He threw out the rest of the turkey and is having some soup and then out it goes too.

But......I started writing the turkey story. [Big Grin]
Louisa

#6213 - 12/01/04 04:21 AM Re: pitching in
meredithbead Offline
The Divine Ms M

Loc: Orange County, California
Dotsie, I've "gone away" before. Sometimes the good effects can last for weeks! but then he always loses his temper over something completely stupid. I've requested that he take an anger management couirse but he doesn't think he needs it. HA!

Louisa, what an awful day! I'd rather throw out meat than risk possible food poisoning.

Chatty, get everything in writing.

#6214 - 12/01/04 04:37 AM Re: pitching in
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Gee Meredith...do you think your hubby would read an anger management book?
Maybe if you could convice him to at least pick it up he might see some signs of himself and read on.
I hope you don't have to leave again, but if you do, maybe you could put a copy on the bedside table with note that says Call me when your finished.

#6215 - 12/01/04 05:09 AM Re: pitching in
Misfire Offline

Loc: Maryland
Neither my husband nor I like to cook. Would you believe that, even though I've been married for 22 years, I have yet to cook and host a holiday meal?! My mother-in-law is a control freak and likes to have her 3 sons and their families return to her house for holiday meals. So, we oblige her. I always help with the clean-up and thank her for having us.

When we entertain (something that I would definitely like to do more often), I'm in charge and my husband does whatever I delegate to him. He runs to the liquor store, gets the ice, fires up the grill --- whatever. He always pitches in at clean-up time too and even runs the vacuum around to pick up all of the wayward crumbs. What a guy! I think I'll keep him. [Wink]

Misfire

#6216 - 12/01/04 05:19 AM Re: pitching in
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Meredith, that was so funny. Get everything in writing....I fugure I'll give it a try on a month to month basis, NO LEASE, that way if he becomes a pest or doesn't keep his end of the bargain it's bye bye baby.... [Razz]

#6217 - 12/01/04 05:24 AM Re: pitching in
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh and just to keep the record straight, we are divorced and I like it that way so no hanky panky, as if he could, ha ha. He will have his own room for sleeping and be expected to stay there....Do you think it was my food that caused him to want to come back....maybe.....of course he never wanted to leave in the first place either. Men, can't live with them - can't live without them. [Wink] (sometimes...) [Embarrassed]

#6218 - 12/01/04 08:04 AM Re: pitching in
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Sounds like you got everything you want Chatty. And if you decided you want more, you could always spike his cheesy grapes with vitamin V.
Where there's a will there's a way. [Smile] [Smile]
smile

#6219 - 12/01/04 08:39 AM Re: pitching in
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Ho hum Smile, I'm afraid it would take the entire alphabet of vitamins for this guy and then he'd probaby come up short, get the picture? he he he!!! Oops, sorry Dotsie, lost my head, thought I was on Diannes site for a second....very confusing....old age will do that to ya. [Confused] [Confused]

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved