The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 90 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#65393 - 07/10/05 04:17 PM Nostalgic Toys
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Writegirl you asked if there might be somewhere that sells nostalgic toys and I remembered the place that does. Its called BETTY'S ATTIC and they have a delightful catalog with thing like the Beatles memorabelia, Kewpie dolls, Coke a cola stuff, Campbells soup collectibles, Betty Crocker stuff, Betsy Wetsy dolls, Fashion designer paper dolls, you name she has it....ta ta da, even has Pink satin poodle skirts in many sizes. It feels like your back in the 50's again. Over 160 new items and they are open 24/7. The number to call for a catalog is 1-800-294-4068 and the site is:
www.bettysattic.com
Enjoy ladies...some great Christmas things in there. Youn have to see this stuff to believe it. Time warp..... [Big Grin] [Wink] [Razz]

#65394 - 07/10/05 08:26 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Chatty ,
That sounds exciting and have to check that site out . Oh, Lousia and know that you are away this weekend. I remember have those pop beads they were plasic and had the color pink and just wore them out popping them all the time Ha! Good one for me.

#65396 - 07/11/05 04:56 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
What a great site Chatty. I saw a bunch of stuff I want to buy for my family for christmas!!!!!

#65397 - 07/11/05 11:03 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
speaker, I had a Chatty Cathy doll. She was the only thing I wanted when I was four or five. I don't have the doll, but I did find one of her white records in a box of chilchood memorabilia.

#65398 - 07/12/05 03:23 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I'm back. Didn't see any pop beads, Nancy, but oh the things I saw in this wonderful antique store in Ogunquit, ME! Old dolls, old paper dolls, vintage clothes and jewelry. The old hats are a hoot. I saw an old metal spinning top. Anyone remember those? I saw a metal dollhouse or two. I swear it used to be mine. Also saw this glass powder box with a french poodle on the cover that is just like the one my grandfather gave me many moons ago. I kept saying to my daughter, "I had one of those." I told her I've been wondering where all my stuff went and now I know it must have ended up in that store.

JJ - today we saw a handmade wooden dollhouse with windows that opened and closed. I couldn't find any furniture worth buying though.

Louisa

#65399 - 07/12/05 05:08 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Lousia,
I had a metal dollhouse with furniture and did not come with people as my daughters did . My metal dollhouse fell apart one day and not sure why . I had a metal stoller for my doll and a metal baby bed also. I know what happen too them . I had a betsy wetsy doll and still have her , but she does not went anymore I put milk in her bottle and it cloged her tub .

Sounds like you had a good trip .

[ July 11, 2005, 10:10 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]

#65400 - 07/12/05 04:25 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
I posted something last night and it isn't here. I must have forgotten to hit the button or something. That's strange. Anyway, Nancy, that's so funny about putting milk in your doll's bottle.It's a wonder she didn't get moldy. [Big Grin] Isn't it amazing how we survived all those metal toys?

I'm writing a newspaper piece about the old drugstores in our city. Do you all remember going to the corner drugstore and flirting with the soda jerk? 10 cents for a cherry coke? Frappes? The swivel stools? The phone booths? The pharmacist knowing his customers? Candy Cupboard chocolates?

Louisa

#65401 - 07/12/05 05:24 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Coke floats, their crisp white uniforms with the little boat hats that they wore sideways (to be cool), and the JUKEBOXES!!!!!! I loved sitting in a booth. I can remember a bunch of us girls all squeezing into one booth and giggling and acting silly. Don't you know the owner thought "oh boyyyy" when he saw us coming? It was something straight out of Happy Days!

JJ

#65402 - 07/12/05 06:32 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Jukeboxes...

I played He ain't heavy, he's my brother. It was the same one a cute boy played all the time. We had a Jukebox affair, ha ha.
I dated him for the summer when he was visiting Newfoundland.
Haven't seen him since (JJ leave that statement alone) [Wink]

chick

#65403 - 07/12/05 09:22 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I remember one of my favorite toys when I was a kid was Spyrograph. I liked using the different colored pens and making cool designs.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved