The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#65404 - 07/12/05 09:51 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Vicki, my sister had one of those. I loved those things. Remember Etch-a-Sketch?

#65405 - 07/13/05 02:26 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Did drugstores have booths and jukeboxes or were those malt shops? The drugstores here, that I remember, just had the fountains. The jukeboxes and booths were in diners and the old malt shops or ice cream parlors. I remember an ice cream parlor on Cape Cod. Thinking about it now, I can almost smell the salty air and hear Patti Page singing Old Cape Cod.

I do remember those hats the soda jerks wore, [Big Grin] root beer floats, and twirling around on the stools.
Louisa

#65406 - 07/13/05 05:40 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Lousia ,

I remember the soda jerks with the hats and the 5 cent cokes and the chairs that would swirl around and around and the cherry cokes and the vanila cokes Jukeboxes also . I remember Winky Dink we would draw with crayons on the plastic on the the TV . Fun show on TV. Oh, I remember Patti Page singing old Cape Cod .

Did anyone have the Revlon Doll ? That is before they came out with Barbie . I still have my Revlon Doll today but her body is in two pieces now . Her hair is still lovely and still have her clothes and some my mothers friend made for her . I will think of more . I did very well playing jacks and still could play today if I find some around . Ha!

#65407 - 07/13/05 07:51 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Louisa Offline

I didn't have the Revlon doll, I don't think. I had a beautiful teenage doll, but she was more like a grown-up. She had pretty brown hair, pearl earrings, and gorgeous dress and a little fur jacket. They still have jacks out there. Pick up stix too. And in Ogunquit, I saw Tiddly Winks and jack straws.

I still have my metal weaving loom for making potholders and it's in the original box.
Louisa

#65408 - 07/13/05 08:03 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Lousia ,
Now that I think of it she did come with pearl earrings and a fur jacket . I bet that was the same doll she was a lot like barbie and barbie came out the next year . I had a Jenny Doll also and she was a lot smaller then the Revlon Doll. Oh, the pick up sticks they were fun

I have today my brothers glass marbles in a metal tobacco can . I wonder what they are worth ? Hum...

#65409 - 07/13/05 08:40 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Louisa,
The jukeboxes we had were tabletop and we would all crowd in the booths and play Elvis, of course!

JJ

#65410 - 07/13/05 04:25 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Louisa Offline

That's funny. I remember the jukeboxes, but not in our drugstores. At least not the ones I hung out in. I remember one drugstore that had round tables with marble tops and the old wooden chairs with the round seats. But, that one didn't have jukeboxes. I'm trying to remember where we had booths. If I can remember it, I can use it in my story. This is a big city. We had lots of drugstores. I wasn't in all of them.

Nancy - maybe it was teh same doll. I'm surprised I didn't find her in the antique store the other day. I thought about buying the powder jar with the poodle on top because I swear it was the one I had, but they wanted $40 for the thing. I didn't like it that much.

Louisa

#65411 - 07/13/05 06:19 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
wordcharmer Offline

Loc: Ohio
Did anyone else have a "Mama" doll? I have a picture of me when I was about three, holding two Mama dolls. I searched for years for one like one of those in the photo, and finally found one. You can see the picture of her here:

http://www.suite101.com/mypage.cfm/thesacredcircle/21824

It may take a while to load, as there are other pictures too.

I also have a vinyl Kewpie, a Baby Giggles and many other dolls. I collect things from my past. I have marbles too, but they aren't worth much, just the good memories. I have a penny bubblegum machine, a Lionel train set, and many teddy bears.

Two other good places to look for toys from our past are:

http://www.tias.com/stores/tiasexchange/
http://www.rubylane.com/

Just go there and do a search for what you are looking for. Their prices are reasonable too.

Thanks for the memories! [Smile]

#65412 - 07/13/05 06:21 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
I had a doll that I loved I think she was called "Little Miss No Name" She had a teardrop on her cheek. I just loved her. I have to check out those sites to see if they have one, I'd love to see her again.

#65413 - 07/13/05 06:30 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Wow, I just checked on ebay....For one Little Miss No Name in the box they are up to $263.00. At least I got a peek at her again! LOL
Why did I have to play with mine? Why didn't I keep her? Darn!

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved