The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 81 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >
Topic Options
#65414 - 07/13/05 06:33 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
wordcharmer Offline

Loc: Ohio

#65415 - 07/13/05 06:41 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Thank you word,
I just read the stories and they are great! I especially liked the part where it said that the girls who recieved Little miss No Name for christmas that year ended up to be much better people than the ones who got Malibu barbie...LOL
(I think I got both, call me spoiled!)
In case everyone is wondering...it was 1965!

#65416 - 07/13/05 11:21 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Growing up with a lot of sisters, we "shared" dolls. I remember one sister always wanted a Baby Alive. Every year she'd ask for a Baby Alive but she never got one. Finally, I remember when she got older, she bought one for herself, even though by then she was past the doll playing stage.

As for me, I never got over teddy bears. I have about 400 of them now in various forms such as stuffed, porcelean, etc. I even have the first teddy bear that came with a belly button.

#65417 - 07/14/05 12:57 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Vicki, I'm not telling my daughter about your collection. She has so many bears. I don't want to give her the thought of collecting more. What makes you buy more? Do you get them when you travel? Get them as gifts? How do you display them?

My younger sister got Baby Alive.

#65418 - 07/14/05 02:24 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Lynn Offline

Loc: pennsylvania
Oh my gosh what memories!

I took my son roller skating today to escape the heat and could not stop thinking of you all here at this site.

I admit I was a sight trying to get around those turns and avoiding the little kiddies on their training skates! I did begin to get the hang of it but not like I did 30+ years ago. I only fell once and that was enough!

My muscles are sore in my legs and my six year old whized past me so many times I was dizzy trying to keep an eye on him.

We made two laps together during the couples skate and then he ditched me for a girl from school that could skate better!

After 2 hours of the theme song from "SpongeBob Squarepants" and the limbo etc, I think the owner had pity on me and played Bob Seger "That old time Rock and Roll". I was skating then girls! The speed demon that I was, I was in my own little world of nostalgia and you all were right there with me. Hope I didn't embarass you much!

Just had to share.

Lynn

#65419 - 07/14/05 02:37 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Chatty ... not sure where I've been the last few days (lol)... I missed your post with the web site. I just spent some time there. Oh boy, I can't wait to give my husband my Christmas list this year. Thanks a bunch.

Nancy50 -- I have a Revlon doll ... not the one when I was younger. But I bought it at an antique shop, paid about $75 for it but it was worth every penny. She's in great shape ... even down to her pierced earrings and high heels. I do have a coat my mother made for my original doll and one of the doll dresses my mother made for her porcelain dolls.

I am loving reading everyone's posts here. It's kind of overwhelming to find other women who treasure some of the same things I do. Thanks for the memories.

Blessings, Francine

#65420 - 07/14/05 05:15 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Write girl ,
Don't you just that doll My Revlon Doll is in two pieces and hope to get her fixed one day. My Revlon Doll had a fur coat or jacket with it and the pearl earrings and high heels . I have the Jenny Doll also and she is in good shape . I never did get a Barbie Doll .

I never had a teddy Bear , but my daughter bought me one years ago . I had purple stuffed bunny rabbit and not sure where he went , maybe the cat we had go him . Ha!

How many remember the old test pattern on the TV's when you would just set and wait for something to come on the TV like Howdy Doody show . Oh, I loved that show.

#65421 - 07/14/05 07:15 AM Re: Nostalgic Toys
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
Now I'm in search of the doll I had. I found the Revlon doll online but it didn't look like mine. Were there different ones maybe?

Howdy and Dilly Dally and Buffalo Bob. Didn't we all want to be in the Peanut Gallery?
Louisa

#65422 - 07/14/05 03:35 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
writegirl1949 Offline

Loc: Arizona
Louisa, I believe there were several versions of the Revlon doll. Not sure where you looked but I remember doing a google search and finding a site that had pictures of different ones.

And Nancy, you made me laugh ... yep, test patterns. That was when the National Anthem played either right after the 11 o'clock news or maybe Johnny Carson????

Loved Howdy Doody.

#65423 - 07/14/05 05:22 PM Re: Nostalgic Toys
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Oh boy, I forgot about the national anthem and the tv test pattern coming on at the end of the night....I think I'd prefer going back to that instead of all the infomercials they put on all night now-a-days! [Wink]

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 9 10 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved