The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 102 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#66446 - 01/07/06 01:43 AM Re: Licking the spoon
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
OMG Jackie...I had forgotten about the cough syrup episode until you reminded me...that was one of the funniest!!!Only Lucy could pull that routine off so well....I also loved the ones when she would try to insinuate herself into Ricky's nightclub act...she was truly a comedic genius!!! [Big Grin]

#66447 - 01/07/06 05:19 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Oh, Jackie and Avalon ,
I remember the cough syrup one Via Viggie syrup and she got druck off of that and was so funny. I sitll laugh today . We have the repeats on one channel of cable here and love to watch . How about the time Lucy tried to play Superman for Little Ricky's party and got caught out on the ledge of the window and it started to rain with the pigeons around her. That was something else .

#66448 - 01/08/06 08:23 AM Re: Licking the spoon
AvalonBlondi Offline

You're right Nancy...it was "something else" for sure...I was talking with my youngest daughter last night (she was a Lucy junkie) all through middle school...and after recalling our so called favorite episodes we decided that they were ALL hilarious...I mean...when did you ever watch an episode where there weren't at least 5 or 6 laugh out loud occurences??They really don't make those kinds of shows anymore...awwwwwww...those were the good old days!!! [Big Grin]

#66449 - 01/07/06 11:55 PM Re: Licking the spoon
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
You're right, Nancy, and somehow the writers of those shows made them funny, w/o being vulgar, rude and obscene. Has anyone else noticed how infantile today's writers are, only writing about sex and bathroom humor? It's the same with the old movies. Bob Hope, Jimmy Stewart and Doris Day were very funny AND clean!

#66450 - 01/08/06 12:40 AM Re: Licking the spoon
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I haven't watched a situation comedy in years, for the same reasons you cited. We've decided that most of the scripts are aimed at 12 year olds. If I'm going to invest my time sitting in front of the TV, I want it to be for something I can enjoy.

Of course, married couples used to sleep in twin beds back in those old shows. And most of the women they portrayed weren't terribly independent or with it. But they were funny. Much of today's entertainment leaves very little to the imagination. And I really object to a lot of the language in many movies, not because I'm a prude, but because I know the writers could do better if they were allowed to.

#66451 - 01/08/06 12:56 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
The women may not have been very independent, but they were always respected and never really had to fight to get their way. They never made their husbands look bad, either, and they definitely didn't dress immodestly.

#66452 - 01/08/06 02:53 AM Re: Licking the spoon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
In those days it was fun and good humor nowadays its just sex and violence even in the so called comedy....Nancy my favorite was the cough medicine one and the one where Lucy and Ethel were on the candy making belt and the candy kept coming faster and faster and she began stuffing it into her dress and her mouth. Oh and the grape crushing one for making wine. You know its hard to find a favorite they were all pretty funny. These comedic routines will live forever....

#66453 - 01/08/06 03:24 AM Re: Licking the spoon
AvalonBlondi Offline

OMG Chatty....The candy episode was Fabulous and hysterical...now I want to watch them all over again...I wonder if they have the whole series available on DVD? I'm going to check that out!!! [Big Grin]

#66454 - 01/08/06 05:31 AM Re: Licking the spoon
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
You CAN watch them, I think. They're available on video. We've thought about getting them. I think the reasons we all love the old shows the way we do was that the people on them had a rare kind of talent. But even that might not have survived the horrible writing that passes for comedy these days.

Or maybe I'm just getting old?

#66455 - 01/08/06 07:13 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
chatty,
I loved the Candy one also. When she a Ethel stuffed the candy down there blouse and were eating at the same time and the belt got faster and faster. Oh, the grape one where she kicked that gal and they got into a fight and Lucy turned purple . Haa....

I loved Doris Day movies and went to see every one. I loved the Pajama 'Game I have that on Tape .

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved