The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 82 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#66396 - 01/01/06 04:18 AM Licking the spoon
XBWS Offline

Loc: Guilford, CT
I remember the best part of helping my mother bake a cake or cookies was the reward of licking the spoon, beaters or bowl when she was done. I eagerly awaited the chance to lick the utensils clean of the rich, sweet batter or dig into the bowl of cookie dough. Who knew it would one day that would become one the the best selling ice cream flavors!

[ April 17, 2006, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: suzieq ]

#66397 - 01/01/06 04:33 AM Re: Licking the spoon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I remember fighting with my sibblings for the chance to lick the utensils and bowl but now that I'm the baker I get to lick everything...and thats a good thing!!!

#66398 - 01/01/06 05:10 AM Re: Licking the spoon
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Yea.... hahaha
I'm the licker too.... raw eggs and all. [Razz]

#66399 - 01/01/06 05:43 AM Re: Licking the spoon
ladybug Offline

I'm smiling here. I still lick the spoon but never if it's something that's been made with eggs.

My daughter warned a friend's mom about eggs and the mom told my daughter, "my eggs don't have salmonella." Well, my daughter got sick from her potato salad made with those "salmonella free" eggs. [Razz]

#66400 - 01/01/06 06:37 AM Re: Licking the spoon
NHJackie Offline

Loc: Merrimack, NH
I plead guilty to still licking the spoon. My sister-in-law's children have never been allowed to, and my kids think there's something lacking in their education. None of us has ever been sick.

#66401 - 01/01/06 07:18 AM Re: Licking the spoon
KAY B Offline

Loc: Long Island, New York
Yep!!! Just did so last week!!! [Smile]

#66402 - 01/01/06 07:23 PM Re: Licking the spoon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
I had forgotten about licking beaters. That was a challenge because I tried to get every last bit of batter. I haven't seen a hand held mixer in years. I have a Kitchen Aid. We still lick the batter, even if cooking with eggs. No one has ever gotten sick.

#66403 - 01/02/06 05:17 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I still lick the spoon, batters and bowl. Cooking wouldn't be any fun is I couldn't do that!

Daisygirl

#66404 - 01/02/06 05:54 AM Re: Licking the spoon
NHJackie Offline

I guess most of us here would qualify as risk takers when it comes to this. [Big Grin]

#66405 - 01/03/06 12:48 AM Re: Licking the spoon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

I still use the antique hand beaters especially when whipping potatoes and yes, lick the beaters clean....yummy....Never been sick either from licking batter with eggs but it is possible to get sick from that, not likely but possible. Maybe Ladybug that womans mayo was bad or it sat out to long because that will make a person sick real fast.

#66406 - 01/03/06 02:12 AM Re: Licking the spoon
ladybug Offline

Chatty, that just could be. My daughter wasn't vomiting but had terrible intestinal cramping and the big D if you know what I mean.

#66407 - 01/03/06 02:31 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
How could someone know if their eggs had salmonella or not? You cannot see it or smell it. That's why I never take a chance with raw eggs.

#66408 - 01/03/06 02:35 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I've never gotten sick by licking the batter, but I did get sick on a cruise from the food. That was NO fun. I don't get sea sick and after 24 hours, I was fine, although quite a bit thinner.

Daisygirl

#66409 - 01/03/06 02:44 AM Re: Licking the spoon
LSmith5434 Offline

Loc: Washington State
Well....here comes the dumb blonde.
I never thought about raw eggs in the batter when letting my girls, or myself lick the spoon when making cookies, etc.
Dumb....dumb......dumb.
I'm still here, and my girl's are too.
Will never do it with my Grandsons.
I'm really a true blonde!
Lynne

#66410 - 01/03/06 03:45 AM Re: Licking the spoon
storylady Offline

Loc: somewhere along the Ohio River
Not Lick the Beaters or the spoon!!!! it is a shared cooking experiance. I still lick the spoon. In fact I did it just a few hours ago when I made snickerdoodles. I have never been sick from my own cooking but lets not talk about the tainted McMuffin I got a few years ago.....

#66411 - 01/03/06 04:03 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Sherri Offline

Loc: Decatur, Illinois
Uh, storylady, could you just send a sniff of those cookies my way. They are my absolute favorite cookie! Yummmmmm.

Sherri

#66412 - 01/03/06 05:52 AM Re: Licking the spoon
ladybug Offline

Actually I have no trouble not licking the beaters or spoons because I absolutely hate eggs, ALL eggs. The thought of licking even yummy cake or cookie batter with those raw things in there gives me the creeps.

This goes back to a bad experience I had with eggs as a child. I hated them even then. My mom would force me to drink "egg nog." This was a raw, beaten egg mixed with milk, sugar and vanilla. I know my mom thought this was nutritious for me but I hated it.

[ January 04, 2006, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: ladybug ]

#66413 - 01/03/06 06:27 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Sadie Offline

Loc: MD
Oh,
I love licking the batter and spoons all those wonderful raw eggs . I never got sick . Yummy to the tummy . Oh, iceing was my favorite and I am never gained a pound . I still taste the choc chip batter . My daugher told me of a story where her friend would make the cookie batter up and eat the whole thing raw . How is that for eggs .

#66414 - 01/04/06 08:13 AM Re: Licking the spoon
ladybug Offline

I'm all smiles because that story sounds like something out of an I Love Lucy sitcom, pure fantasy wouldn't you say? [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

#66415 - 01/04/06 09:38 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Sadie Offline

I am smiles too....... now. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Roll Eyes]

Who's fantasy are you talking about ?

[ January 04, 2006, 02:08 AM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]

#66416 - 01/05/06 04:26 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Vi Offline

I grew up on a farm. We drank raw milk. We raised chickens for the eggs. I licked the beaters when Mom made goodies with raw eggs, and I never got sick from it.

Studies show this thing makes you sick, so you shouldn't do it. So we stop. Next thing you know another study comes along and says the opposite. Remember a few years back when eggs were bad for us, then someone did a study and reversed the finding? While caution is a good thing, common sense is often better. If a person tends to get sick easily for whatever reason, then he/she needs to stay away from some things. Or if we don't like it, we don't need to eat it - unless Momma forces us to - and then we will hate it all the more.

We taste things differently. Remember the taste tests in science class? What tastes good to one, may taste like dog dodo to another.

Back to risks - let's face it, life is a risk. If we sit home in a bubble because this or that or the other thing is dangerous, we will never develop any immunities, so we will be more at risk in general than if we venture out into the world.

I still drive my car - yet how many people are killed in their cars? Like Helen Keller said, "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." And she would know better than the rest of us.

I'm still licking.

#66417 - 01/05/06 06:15 AM Re: Licking the spoon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Nancy50, my best friend in Indiana still buys and eats cookie dough right from the package and she loves it. Come to think of it I never have seen her bake anything. Ever notice how some are quick to boo hoo someone elses story but tell some real whoppers themselves.... [Eek!]

#66418 - 01/05/06 07:01 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Sadie Offline

Chatty,
You be Ethel and I will be Lucy !

#66419 - 01/05/06 07:03 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Searcher Offline

Loc: boise
Well, Don't I just love THIS conversation!

Can I come in? Assuming you all said yes, Gotta tell ya - my kids were both lickers...Me, not so much. Not because of the eggs, just because. I'm not much of a licker. Only sometimes....O, I just realized it was because I always SAVED the beaters and the bowl for the kids!!!! LOL. Now I remember, used to lick BEFORE I had the kids, not after. O the sacrifices we mothers make!!!!!

Nobody at my house ever got sick from licking, at least! And I must agree with Vi, here, the minute a study comes out, the very next minute another one comes to refute it. It was the same about butter for me. I have always been a butter user. Cooking and everything, then the studies came out - margarine is better!!! I didn't believe a word of it. And didn't change my habits either. Then a few years later, out comes another study saying margarine is not so good and butter is better (in moderation of course). So the old adage is true - all things in moderation.

So far as eggs go, well, in my camp - every man for himself!!!!! (I make my own mayonnaise, and for awhile, I was pretty nervous since we use a lot of it, but then I thought, o what the H---, we've been eating it for 20 years...) (and another thought comes to me, maybe it's how we protect our eggs - the refrigeration and all)

Another kind of interesting thing to me -- when I was just a little child, we would go visiting to Grandmas house. Gramma and Grampa used to own a large farm. With plenty of farm-hands, back in the day..... But when we came to visit, old habits died hard. She would cook a breakfast (what we would call brunch) to feed a few small towns...Pork chops, eggs, biscuits, 3 0r 4 veggies, gravy, potatoes, always thick sliced tomatoes from the garden, and maybe a roast or two. This was all placed on the kitchen table, where we would bring our plates and load em up!!! Now, Gramma and Grampa lived in Kentucky. Where it's hot. So hot, that by the time 2:00 rolled around, people took a SIESTA - or at least retired to their front porch, rocking in the shade and drinking cool lemonade. But after everyone finished eating the "brunch", she would take a table cloth and spread it over the table - over dishes and all - and we would eat from this table for the rest of the day!!!! Can you just imagine? It's an absolute wonder we didn't all die. But no one ever got sick.....????

I also read up on some articles concerning a similar thing. We all are so germ conscious these days....(me included), but I read a study about the new anti-bacterial soaps and such that are on the market. These studies showed that what we are doing is creating a "super - bug" Similar to using antibiotics indiscriminately - also creating super-bugs.....Nichole and I had a friend of Nik's die of pneumonia for just such a reason....So I think that discretion is the better part of valor in these instances....

You know, a clean house is good enough.....A sterile one is not such a good idea after all.....(just so ya know, I don't cook a brunch and put a table cloth over it!!!!!LOL)

Also, about the taste thing..I find that so amusing because my children were the polar opposites on that issue. Nichole used to reach to grab a green onion on the table when she was still in her high chair. My Mother used to scream, "don't let that child eat that!!!". But I knew it didn't bother her, so let her have at it......She ate an entire jar of pickled jalepenos almost every day of her life til' she died. And had a shaker of hot peppers by her plate to shake on everything she ever ate!!! Sam, on the other hand, recoils at such fare. And did since an infant. This one HATED meat, hot, or spicey things til' just lately. And also ice cream. ???? (Now he eats ice cream as often as he can get it) But they were just BORN with these differences....interesting isn't it? (must be a gene)....

LOL, Searcher

#66420 - 01/05/06 07:12 AM Re: Licking the spoon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

So funny Searcher and just as true as it can be. Its a wonder any of us have survived listening to these so called experts that change their minds like the weather....LOL [Big Grin]

Darn it Nancy I was hoping to be lucy, just love those latin men you know, Oh Rickyyyyy...oops I mean oh Fred, ick, just my luck the bald, short, fat one.

#66421 - 01/05/06 07:16 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Sadie Offline

Chatty,
We can do a swich . I will be Ethel If you will be Lucy .

[ January 04, 2006, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]

#66422 - 01/05/06 07:32 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Bluebird Offline

My grandmother used to beat raw eggs and then mix in some vermouth. I thought it was yummy! I was only 5. I'm sure she only gave me a little bit...hiccup...

#66423 - 01/05/06 07:41 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Searcher Offline

Well, who do I get to be? I'M the one with curly hair!!!!!But I guess it isn't all that red,,,just a little...between the grey and brown....And Chatty, oooooo, those Latin fellows.....How bout we lose 30 lbs and go get one? I'm thinking if I lose maybe 40, get a face lift, a tummy tuck, and a butt lift, I could go after that Italian , Love God, Bocelli !!! (Good Grief, I should be talking such language!) Shame on me! (But maybe........)

Search

O yeah, and when I'm bad, I'm HORRID!

#66424 - 01/05/06 07:46 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Searcher Offline

Blue!!!!!

How funny is that? A 5 year old, with hiccups! The alcohol prob'ly killed salmonella!!!!! Bad Grandma......

#66425 - 01/05/06 07:57 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Bluebird Offline

Crazy, Sicilian grandma!!! (No offense, Chatty [Wink] )

#66426 - 01/05/06 09:05 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Vi Offline

Searcher, once again you've demonstrated what an excellent storyteller you are. Write On!

#66427 - 01/05/06 09:18 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Searcher Offline

Ok, vi, I take the bait!!! i love that, write on!

My son would think you're so cool......

#66428 - 01/05/06 09:28 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Searcher Offline

OH yeah, and maybe that's just the thing. Maybe I'm just a storyteller, and not a bookwriter....ya think? Not that one is better than the other, but one needs to know where one is going , does one not? (snort, snort)

Well, for now, i'm happy writing my very little stories to you girls.....if you just don't get tooo sick of me.....

'course I better get my act together soon - I'll be 59 in March....OMG, how'd THAT happen?

Search

#66429 - 01/06/06 08:45 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Sadie Offline

BlueBird,
Raw Eggs and Vermouth sound yummy ! Good toddy I suppose . For your grandmother .....

[ January 05, 2006, 12:49 PM: Message edited by: Nancy50 ]

#66430 - 01/05/06 09:09 PM Re: Licking the spoon
NHJackie Offline

You ladies are soo funny. This discussion is making my day.

Searcher, keep writing and I'll keep reading. I look forward to your posts. And everyone else's, for that matter. I'm one of those people who always thinks of the funny comebacks after somebody else has said them.

#66431 - 01/06/06 12:51 AM Re: Licking the spoon
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
Search..
"Maybe I'm just a storyteller, and not a bookwriter....ya think?"

What's the real difference?....just copy and send these posts to yourself..when you have 40 or 50...bundle up these amazing stories..edit them, add to them.. and put them in a book...similar to the Chicken Soup for the Soul series...your books would fly off of those shelves!!! I can hardly wait to read your posts as it is!!!

Jackie...I'm not too quick with the "funny comebacks" either...but you have something else..
you have a warm , honest way of posting..and you never ever slight anyone...I love that about you!!!

#66432 - 01/06/06 01:50 AM Re: Licking the spoon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

None taken Bluebird, I have been a crazy Sicilian grandma for sometime now myself.....Searcher you can be anyone you like, maybe a young sexy Mrs Trumbill, remember the lady who babysat for little Ricky.....Nancy50, no problem you stay Lucy and I'll just cheat on old Fred when me and Searcher go looking for Latin men...what he doesn't know, and all that!!! Oh and Searcher honey Andre Bocelli (bless his heart) wouldn't care if your tummy is tucked or butt lifted because he can't see it anyway and you know ALL Italian men speak with their hands and they adore Fluffy women....whoopie!

[ January 05, 2006, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#66433 - 01/06/06 03:39 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Searcher Offline

Thank you, Jackie and Avalon- What a great idea! I'm going to do exactly that!!! As much as I've posted on here, shouldn't take that long........

Chatty - I remember Mrs. Trumbill!!! ok. I'll be her. And that Andrea Bocelli sees with his voice!!! Yeah, Bless his heart, and every other inch of him too!!!!(Can't tell I've got an eeensy weensy crush on that man, can ya'? Him and his tall, dark , Italian, smoldering self...........) [Big Grin]

#66434 - 01/06/06 04:14 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Bluebird Offline

Can I be Carolyn Applebee??

#66435 - 01/06/06 04:39 AM Re: Licking the spoon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Bluebird, You can be anyone you want to be but even though I do remember her name I can't remember who she was, or what she did. Was she the one that Lucy was jealous of or hated for some reason? I don't think there has ever been a better sit-com than I Love lucy. I know it was an oldie but it is still funny today and nothing dirty just good clean fun...

#66436 - 01/06/06 04:50 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Bluebird Offline

Yes Lucy was jealous of her.
She was the one who was always bragging about her baby, Stevie. I think there was an episode where Ethel was spending time with Carolyn and Lucy was jealous of that.

#66437 - 01/06/06 05:04 AM Re: Licking the spoon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Oh right, I remember and Carolyn was rich too and wore furs wraps all the time...Did you ever notice no one on that show was ever pretty except Lucy and of course, sexy Ricky. Wonder if that was a plan....

#66438 - 01/06/06 05:09 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Bluebird Offline

I read somewhere that Ethel was actually younger than Lucy but Lucy wanted Ethel to look and dress older.

#66439 - 01/06/06 05:41 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Sadie Offline

Oh, I have two of Andre Brocilli CD's and love his voice . I remember Carolyn Applebee she was so funny her voice was so high and Mrs Trubull she did not like little ricky crying and one day lucy and Ethel were doing someting and Mrs. Turbull came down and was rocking him Anyone, remember that show . ?

Bluebird , I did not know Ethel was younger tha Lucy .I know they plucked Ethel off broadway she was doing a show and had to wait to get her to do the show . I thought Ethel had a lovely singing voice .

#66440 - 01/06/06 05:48 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Vi Offline

Searcher, I borrowed the phrase "write on" from a book by the late Bill Downey who taught at UCSB. The title was, Right Brain...Write On. It's a how to write book. I used the word storyteller as synonymous with bookwriter - I'm not letting you off that easy. lol

#66441 - 01/06/06 05:57 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Sadie Offline

Chatty and Bluebird,
Thought of something else on the lucy show . Remember when Lucy and Ethel made that bread and she put too much yeast in it and when she opened the oven the bread was long it backed Lucy up onto the cabinet of the kitchen and the washing machine one where lucy and Ethel and Fred fought over the washing machine . Those were so funny . Chatty what was your favorite show of I love Lucy show ?

#66442 - 01/06/06 06:14 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Bluebird Offline

I always liked the one where little Ricky was born! I love when Ricky showed up at the hospital in his voodoo makeup!
Also, the one where Lucy has to lose weight to fit into the dress.

#66443 - 01/06/06 06:51 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Searcher Offline

love ya' Vi!!!

#66444 - 01/06/06 08:12 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Sadie Offline

Bluebird,
I remember that one when Ricky had that Voodoo outfit on where he was doing a show the night littl ricky was born . That was so funny ! Oh, the one that Lucy did to fit inot that dress and to do a show with ricky . Where Ethel made steak and potatoes and Lucky had to eat celery . Haa..... What else was you favorite Bluebird.

#66445 - 01/07/06 12:22 AM Re: Licking the spoon
NHJackie Offline

There were so many good shows, it's hard to pick just one. I liked the bread making one, too. Also the one where Lucy and Ethel were doing advertising for a cough syrup and proceded to get totally looped. Probably isn't funny anymore, but it was then.

#66446 - 01/07/06 01:43 AM Re: Licking the spoon
AvalonBlondi Offline

OMG Jackie...I had forgotten about the cough syrup episode until you reminded me...that was one of the funniest!!!Only Lucy could pull that routine off so well....I also loved the ones when she would try to insinuate herself into Ricky's nightclub act...she was truly a comedic genius!!! [Big Grin]

#66447 - 01/07/06 05:19 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Sadie Offline

Oh, Jackie and Avalon ,
I remember the cough syrup one Via Viggie syrup and she got druck off of that and was so funny. I sitll laugh today . We have the repeats on one channel of cable here and love to watch . How about the time Lucy tried to play Superman for Little Ricky's party and got caught out on the ledge of the window and it started to rain with the pigeons around her. That was something else .

#66448 - 01/08/06 08:23 AM Re: Licking the spoon
AvalonBlondi Offline

You're right Nancy...it was "something else" for sure...I was talking with my youngest daughter last night (she was a Lucy junkie) all through middle school...and after recalling our so called favorite episodes we decided that they were ALL hilarious...I mean...when did you ever watch an episode where there weren't at least 5 or 6 laugh out loud occurences??They really don't make those kinds of shows anymore...awwwwwww...those were the good old days!!! [Big Grin]

#66449 - 01/07/06 11:55 PM Re: Licking the spoon
Bluebird Offline

You're right, Nancy, and somehow the writers of those shows made them funny, w/o being vulgar, rude and obscene. Has anyone else noticed how infantile today's writers are, only writing about sex and bathroom humor? It's the same with the old movies. Bob Hope, Jimmy Stewart and Doris Day were very funny AND clean!

#66450 - 01/08/06 12:40 AM Re: Licking the spoon
NHJackie Offline

I haven't watched a situation comedy in years, for the same reasons you cited. We've decided that most of the scripts are aimed at 12 year olds. If I'm going to invest my time sitting in front of the TV, I want it to be for something I can enjoy.

Of course, married couples used to sleep in twin beds back in those old shows. And most of the women they portrayed weren't terribly independent or with it. But they were funny. Much of today's entertainment leaves very little to the imagination. And I really object to a lot of the language in many movies, not because I'm a prude, but because I know the writers could do better if they were allowed to.

#66451 - 01/08/06 12:56 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Bluebird Offline

The women may not have been very independent, but they were always respected and never really had to fight to get their way. They never made their husbands look bad, either, and they definitely didn't dress immodestly.

#66452 - 01/08/06 02:53 AM Re: Licking the spoon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

In those days it was fun and good humor nowadays its just sex and violence even in the so called comedy....Nancy my favorite was the cough medicine one and the one where Lucy and Ethel were on the candy making belt and the candy kept coming faster and faster and she began stuffing it into her dress and her mouth. Oh and the grape crushing one for making wine. You know its hard to find a favorite they were all pretty funny. These comedic routines will live forever....

#66453 - 01/08/06 03:24 AM Re: Licking the spoon
AvalonBlondi Offline

OMG Chatty....The candy episode was Fabulous and hysterical...now I want to watch them all over again...I wonder if they have the whole series available on DVD? I'm going to check that out!!! [Big Grin]

#66454 - 01/08/06 05:31 AM Re: Licking the spoon
NHJackie Offline

You CAN watch them, I think. They're available on video. We've thought about getting them. I think the reasons we all love the old shows the way we do was that the people on them had a rare kind of talent. But even that might not have survived the horrible writing that passes for comedy these days.

Or maybe I'm just getting old?

#66455 - 01/08/06 07:13 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Sadie Offline

chatty,
I loved the Candy one also. When she a Ethel stuffed the candy down there blouse and were eating at the same time and the belt got faster and faster. Oh, the grape one where she kicked that gal and they got into a fight and Lucy turned purple . Haa....

I loved Doris Day movies and went to see every one. I loved the Pajama 'Game I have that on Tape .

#66456 - 01/09/06 04:56 AM Re: Licking the spoon
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Me too and I was devastated when it came out that Rock(gorgeous)Hudson was gay. Talk about a shocker....but he was still a great actor in my book and I especially liked him in the Mc Millan and Wife series....

#66457 - 01/09/06 05:53 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Louisa Offline

Loc: MA
And the one when she was in Italy stomping the grapes and got in the fight. One of my favorites was when she got locked in the freezer. Yes these are available on DVD. Last Christmas, my husband bought me a portable DVD player with a 10 inch screen and I've been collecting old movies and tv shows brought back on DVD. I can sit out on the deck in the summer and watch them or on the couch and watch them while he is watching football. I also take it with me when we go away. It's great. I have I Love Lucy episodes and Rock Hudson and Doris Day movies.

Remember Lucy & Ricky in the Long, Long, Trailer? They played a young couple who just got married. She talked him into buying this big long trailer so she could travel with him all over and still make a nice home. The trailer caused so much trouble. She collected rocks from everyplace they visited and the trailer couldn't make it up a hill because of the weight of the rocks. He threw out the rocks and they had a big fight. That was soooo funny.

Louisa

#66458 - 01/10/06 08:53 AM Re: Licking the spoon
NHJackie Offline

Louisa,

I remember seeing that movie on TV years ago. Think it was the first thing they ever did together. I'd forgotten all about it.

Thanks for the memories -- oops, think that was someone else's line!

#66459 - 01/13/06 03:01 PM Re: Licking the spoon
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
You guys are funneee. Anyone heard from Ladybug?? Yoo Hoo BUUuuuggGG.
Chick

#66460 - 01/13/06 06:40 PM Re: Licking the spoon
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Yes. She's doing well. Not sure why she hasn't been here. She didn't say.

#66461 - 01/14/06 08:38 AM Re: Licking the spoon
ladybug Offline

Hello Chick, I'm still here!

#66462 - 01/13/06 09:07 PM Re: Licking the spoon
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Hey ladybug...glad to see you back.
Hope everything's all right with my tattooed friend. Missed seeing ya.

#66463 - 01/13/06 09:22 PM Re: Licking the spoon
ladybug Offline

Thanks, I missed you too and all was and is well.

#66464 - 01/14/06 07:42 AM Re: Licking the spoon
Sadie Offline

Lousia,
I loved the movie the long long trailer and another movie that Lucy and Ricky Made what was tha called . Hey , Lousia what was called .

#66465 - 04/09/06 04:05 PM Re: Licking the spoon
jjs Offline

I can't imagine being afraid of your own eggs. If you keep a clean hen house.

I can tell you from personal experience...we had never been sick in our lives,,, of ranch meat, dairy, veggies until we got out and started eating out of the grocery store and we were sick for years. I finally started my own small production and hunting and gathering from others and we are well again.

I actually wrote some guy in nutrition on the web and asked him if I was imagining it and he said NO. jennifer

My hardass husband is even a believer in fresh food now which he never thought of when it was at our fingertips.

#66466 - 04/09/06 04:15 PM Re: Licking the spoon
jjs Offline

Hey, I'm sorry about the post below, I'm not sure what's screwing up my program or theirs. When I started on the post it was in the right forum:)

But...if ya wanna talk about Lucy...that would be my punishment in the 50's...I couldn't watch Lucy.

Guess...our neighbor (the hospital nutritionist) would say...at the dinner table... "jenni, you have mouth trouble" You're gonna miss Lucy! jenni

quote:
Originally posted by chatty lady:
Me too and I was devastated when it came out that Rock(gorgeous)Hudson was gay. Talk about a shocker....but he was still a great actor in my book and I especially liked him in the Mc Millan and Wife series....

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved