The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 101 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#67197 - 07/24/04 07:22 AM Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My crazy bird. She's been singing opera songs. She had to hear it on the television because I sure don't sing opera!

Last night I was upstairs on the computer (she usually likes to practice new words when I'm not in the room) and it sounded like someone was committing a murder downstairs! She was screaming and yelling and my daughter and I both just started laughing. It has to be television again because no murders have taken place in my house...not yet anyway [Razz]

#67198 - 07/23/04 08:13 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I love hearing about your bird! What a hoot! I get this great visual each time. More! More!

JJ

#67199 - 07/23/04 08:19 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I like hearing about your parrot too.. Sammie sounds like a riot!!

#67200 - 07/24/04 04:11 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Oh, she is a hoot. Never a dull moment. She's now whistling the theme song from The Andy Griffith Show. I never answer my cell phone because I think it's Sammie imitating it. You cannot tell the difference. She also does the low battery sound from my cell phone. That's kind of irritating though. [Frown]

She says so many things it's difficult to list all of them here.

#67201 - 07/27/04 11:51 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Diane, we have some friends in the Keys who have a myna bird. It imitates all kinds of birds it hears outside. It sounds like the doorbell so much, you can't tell the difference. The best one is when we go to visit and bring Jack, our dog. The bird barks. It makes Jack bark, then the bird barks back.

The bird is blind but that doesn't stop him from living a full life. He enjoys where he lives and constantly says "I love you!"

Peace.

#67202 - 07/28/04 02:03 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Dianne, I have told more people about sAmmie, this magnificient bird that I've never even seen. His antics make me smile and picture him in my mind. He deserves to be on our member photo page....just a thought. [Big Grin]

#67203 - 07/28/04 05:23 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

When I bought a new computer I "dumped" all my old pictures so will have to take some more of Sammie.

Sammie is now barking like my dog and then, telling herself to shut up! And today she said, "Ouch...bad bird!" I do that when she decides to bite me. But, she's also making belching noises now. Geesh [Roll Eyes]

She can imitate the dial tone on my speaker phone. Can't believe it. And she does an entire one sided phone conversation in my husband's voice complete with dialing and hanging up. But I think my favorite is when I'm going outside to feed the cat. She makes the sound of the door opening, the shades hitting the door, the alarm chime and then says, "Here Kitty-Kitty."

I had searched for a myna bird for years but I think they've outlawed them being brought into the country now. Someone told me that but don't know if it's true. They're amazing too.

#67204 - 07/28/04 04:39 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Dianne, what a scream!! Does Sammie ever confuse the cat?

That would be kinda spooky to hear your husband's voice carry on a telephone conversation and know he's not in the house. It would be for me! [Eek!]

#67205 - 07/28/04 05:22 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Don't cha just love hearing about Sammie? I think Sammie deserves to attend the Boomer Women's Convention...Say...could you teach Sammie to say "Queen Jaw Jaw is da bomb?"

what?

JJ

#67206 - 07/28/04 06:23 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I'm not sure I'd want to travel with Sammie!!!!!

She's downstairs barking right now and saying, "What are you barking at?" And, "Diz, no!" (that's my dog's name).

She won't learn everything I try to teach her. I've been saying, yummy, yummy, when I feed her since she was a baby but she refuses to say it. When I give her food she says, ooooh. I've never taught her that.

She also knows people by their names. I had a cleaning lady in Ohio and Sammie would always say, "Hi Ros," when she came into the house but since we moved, she's never said it again.

My dog and cat both ignore her. The dog is jealous. (She's now stopped barking and is singing opera!)

She says, Go Titans, Bonjour and Bonsoir now. She blows me kisses (makes a kissing sound) and asks me if I want a kiss and tells me she loves me and tells me good morning when I take her out of her cage every morning.

As soon as I log off, I'm going to take some pictures of her and see if I can actually get them to download! [Roll Eyes]

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 ... 16 17 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved