The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 40 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 13 of 17 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#67317 - 10/06/04 11:46 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
TVC15 it has been my experience that our pets own us and cats are really the true example of that. They were treated in ancient time as royalty and I think thats been passed down in their bloodlines ever since...Gotta love em! [Big Grin]

#67318 - 10/06/04 03:52 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Chatty, One of my cat's names is PUSH , so after the last election we started calling him President Push. I guess we weren't too far off of that royalty thing!
I agree with you that they own us. Mine have me very well trained. I've always had at least one cat in my life. I prefer them to dogs because of their independence. Some people hate that about them. I like the idea that they are capable of taking care of themselves but choose to stay with us.

#67319 - 10/08/04 05:55 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
My poor little Sammie [Frown] I heard her fall off her perch last night. She had night fright. It's like us waking up in a strange hotel room after falling out of bed, scared and crawling on our knees, trying to figure out where we are. She was so scared. I picked her up and she was still in a panic so I have bloody scratches on my nose! I took her to bed with me for a couple of hours and cuddled with her. She would reach up and kiss me on the mouth every once in a while. Poor thing. She has a "boo-boo" on her nose too.

#67320 - 10/09/04 07:17 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
SMILES....you wanna take this one? I mean...there's soooo much material here, eh?
[Big Grin]
JJ

#67321 - 10/09/04 07:36 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Oh my lord JJ,
The "material" here is waaay too deep for me.
I was wondering if Sammie had been drinking. Sounds like what happened to me once after a few too many margaritas.
But that's a whole other story.

Reminds me though, I once dated a guy with a parrot. It hated me. I don't know if he ever kissed it or not, but I sure wasn't gonna' kiss no bird kisser for sure. So as soon as I met the parrot, I was Outta' there. It had a huge cage that was almost as big as the living room and it yelled at me the moment I came in. I think it was jealous. It cussed real bad too. I may not be a real bird person. Oh well.
smile

#67322 - 10/09/04 07:48 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

SMILES...It was a parrot...for further explanation get this, seems that Sammie went to Trixie for advice and it involves what else? A PARROT. Uh huh...I ain't lying either. You'll have to visit my web page to read all about it.

Seems Trixie is taking advantage of my visiting my new grandbaby...the sneak. Trixie, not the grandbaby....

Anyhoo...Trixie's at it again. I dread Valentine's Day though. That when Trixie really gets on a roll...oh brotherrr...I mean who died and made that dog the DEAR ABBY? Oh...she did? huh..well whatdaya know...

JJ

#67323 - 10/08/04 08:20 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
smilinize Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Dianne:
My poor little Sammie [Frown] I heard her fall off her perch last night. She had night fright. It's like us waking up in a strange hotel room after falling out of bed, scared and crawling on our knees, trying to figure out where we are. She was so scared. I picked her up and she was still in a panic so I have bloody scratches on my nose! I took her to bed with me for a couple of hours and cuddled with her. She would reach up and kiss me on the mouth every once in a while. Poor thing. She has a "boo-boo" on her nose too.

I'm tellin' ya, that's exactly what happened to me when I drank all those margaritas.
smile

#67324 - 10/08/04 11:05 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I have been cackling like an old hen...shut up! You gals are sooooo funny. Went to the site and read Trixie's answer to Sammie. My daughter, Blue's owner, was reading over my shoulder and we had tears from laughing so hard. Made my day. I needed a good laugh.

Sammie and I are not sexual...okay? Yet.

Smil...the guy and his parrot could be a chapter in a book. I can't stop laughing at you two women.

[ October 08, 2004, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Dianne ]

#67325 - 10/09/04 12:54 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
smilinize Offline

Yep, the guy with a parrot could be a chapter in a book. I could write an ecyclopedia.
I have a novel about one of the much funnier guys. I guess I just wind up with hilarious ones.

BTW, maybe Sammie would like to meet Phatt Cat. He's a retired rock singer type cat. A little decrepit. Once had a drug problem and almost got excommunicated, but is in recovery now.
He rules the roost around here. Sings too when I run the vaccum cleaner.
smile

#67326 - 10/09/04 02:48 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

ahh...you have a cat that sings when the vacuum is running? uh huh...sure you do hon...sure.

Having us a little nippey poo tonight are we?

JJ

Page 13 of 17 < 1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved