The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 106 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#67337 - 10/28/04 05:12 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I was wonderi9ng what has happened to sweet Sammie, is she alright since her fall and subsequent trama? Been asked about her by the old folks at the nursing home and my neighbors I take food to. I myself miss hearing of her antics. Please update her condition etc. if you don't mind... Thanks Dianne. [Roll Eyes]

#67338 - 10/28/04 10:48 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Little Miss Sammie is doing just fine. She's saying, "You poor baby" now. She still has a trace of her nose "boo-boo" but is back to her antics and talking. Every time the phone rings, she goes into her own dialogue and it's hard to talk over her.

I just bought a swing for her perch. Had to slowly move it closer to her each day and just hung it today. She's not thrilled with it. Soon she'll be swinging on it though.

She jumped off her perch yesterday and I found her walking down the hall, looking for me saying, "Give me a kiss." Melted my heart. I think she got bored--even with Blue The Parakeet in the cage next to her. She obviously needs some action.

Have any of you gone to JawJaw's site and read the letter, asking for advice, that Sammie wrote to Trixie? You should do so. Too funny.

#67339 - 10/30/04 12:39 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I believe Sammie has allergies. Well, not real allergies but she's imitating my daughter's sneezes. Too cute. We fell asleep together on the sofa last night. I opened my eyes and she's standing on my chest, sleeping away. She'd sleep with me all night if I'd let her, something I'm not about to do. I wouldn't get any sleep and my dog would be seriously upset with me.

#67340 - 11/08/04 02:26 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I don't know about this nutty bird. When I give her slices of apple, she fluffs up like a big bowling ball (this is to scare her prey into believing she's larger than she is) and attacks the apple like she's killing it. She "drowns" it in her water bowl and stands on top of it in the water and then, takes it out and bites it, while slinging the remainder across the room! [Confused]

Sammie doesn't do this with any other food, just apple. Go figure. I asked her vet about it and he said he didn't have a clue...all African Greys are different, like people.

I'm teaching her to sing, Jose Quervo. My girlfriend wrote that song so I want to surprise her the next time she comes over and have Sammie singing it. Should be good for a laugh.

#67341 - 11/10/04 02:10 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
She's probably really wants the apple, but remembers what kind of trouble it brought Eve...ya know?

OMG! Your friend wrote Jose Cuervo? I LOVE that song! Good Lord...you must know some famous people! What am I saying...you know me...

what?

teehee...JJ

#67342 - 11/10/04 06:42 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Yes JJ, you are one of my many famous friends...NOT! Living in Nashville, I have one famous neighbor and two famous songwriter neighbors but they don't act like Hollywood people. Very down to earth and nice.

Yep, my good buddy, Cindy Jordan, wrote Jose Cuervo. She still gets "mailbox money" from it and it's still on jukeboxes. She's a gas. A very positive, spiritual, smart, kind, loving woman. I'm a better person for having met her.

#67343 - 11/10/04 07:08 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Just how cool is that? Come on now...give...who are the other famous people? inquiring minds wanna know...and I am TOO famous. If you don't believe me, go read the bathroom wall at my high school....what?

JJ

#67344 - 11/12/04 08:52 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I heard that about you, JJ. Not really.

Okay, let's see. Neil Thrasher is one of my neighbors and he wrote Kenny Chesney's latest hit and also some other songs for Garth Brooks, etc. Then, I think his first name is Tim? Anyway, his last name is Nichols and he wrote Tim McGraw's big hit, Live Like YOu Were Dying. He's written a bunch of other songs but honestly, I'm not that into it so can't tell you. Then, Montgomery Gentry (I'm so ignorant I thought it was one person) One of them lives down the street but I can't tell you which one. I wouldn't know the guy if he came to my front door. I do see these huge tour buses in the neighborhood when they're getting ready to go on tour. Truly though, the one's I've met are as nice as can be.

#67345 - 11/12/04 08:58 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Oh JJ, I was gonna tell you. Alan Jackson lives about six miles from us. Oh My Word! You should see his house! Unbelievable. The last time I had to drive down that road, he comes barrelling toward me in this huge truck. He Waved!!!!! Amy Grant and Vince Gill are his neighbors but the house is too far off the road to really see. So, that is my C&W info for the day!

#67346 - 11/11/04 09:49 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

I'm thinking a lemonaide stand in the area...

what?

JJ

Page 15 of 17 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved