The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 90 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 16 of 17 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 >
Topic Options
#67347 - 11/12/04 12:56 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Hey JJ, I ran into Garth Brooks at the 7-11 the other night. He built a huge house just down the road from me. I was going in to get ice and he held the door for me. I said, "Is that you Garth?"
He said, "Yup."
I said, "Well, welcome to Edmond."
He said, "Thanks."
I paid for my ice and he got his beer. The cashier said he comes in there all the time. I don't know how I missed him before.
I dated one of Toby Keith's first band leaders for a while and we hung out with Toby a lot. Cool guy. Later we hung around with a whole bunch of C&W and Branson folks. The musician was a jerk, but he had great friends.
Nashville is where the C&W folks all live now, but Oklahoma is where they come from. Vince and Reba and Toby and Merle and Brooks and Dunn and I forget who all started here.
smile
P.S. Course they left the moment they got the chance. But, like me, they keep coming back. You can get the Okie out of Oklahoma, but you can't get the Okie out of anybody.

[ November 11, 2004, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]

#67348 - 11/12/04 01:09 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You live in OK? Is that right? Cool. Only been through there but never visited.

Well, it looks like I have to one up "y'all" here. I used to date Troy Donahue...so there! That and some loose change will get you a phone call. [Big Grin]

#67349 - 11/12/04 03:39 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
Oh puleaseeee....you two are pathetic....listen up.

I once knew a guy who had a first cousin that ran around with the woman who's third ex-husband sometimes sold car insurance to the bank manager where Elvis's lead bass players Mother's sister banked. And I ain't lying either. I can prove it. So nanan boo boo. You ain't got nutin on da Queen here... [Embarrassed]

JJ

#67350 - 11/12/04 04:00 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
smilinize Offline

Loc: outer space
Okay Queenie, now I know why they call Elvis the King. He knew the guy who sold insurance to the guy who sold cars to the guy who knew the QUEEN JJ--Or something like that.

Yessirree!!! You're the royalty here and don't let anyone forget it.
smile

#67351 - 11/12/04 04:18 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well here I go again. I use to be a professional singer in the 60's. They called me the new Patsy Cline and I sang for 6 weeks at The Grand Old Opry, made 45's with Buck Owens band as back up. And sang on stage with Fats Domino and George Jones. Then I got pregnant and had a nine pound bouncing baby boy and just sang in my husbands Chicago cocktail lounge. Never really wanted to sing on stage I use to get too nervous and sick before hand but making records was a blast. Met Elvis once and he said "howdy mame." Good looking kid then...Memories, oh well. I did sing for Dotsie once.... [Big Grin]

#67352 - 11/12/04 07:50 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

It's official. Chatty wins the "I'm more famous that you" contest. Wow Chatty. How exciting. I absolutely love George Jones. Not his lifestyle but his songs. You know, I used to sing in Reno. Did I tell you that? That's what I wanted to do my whole life but when I got into it, wasn't that much fun. Hard work, long hours and those musicians. EEEWWW. Drove me nuts!

Do you still sing? I did some commercials a few years ago but honestly, they don't pay enough to make it worth my time and effort.

#67353 - 11/13/04 01:06 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Speaking of "most famous" I guess we should get back to the most famous parrot, Sammie. She is now saying, Watch out, here comes the boogey man! I don't have a clue where she learned this. It's cute tho. [Smile]

#67354 - 11/13/04 01:15 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
chatty lady Offline
Writer

There are plenty of people here that will be and are more famous than me. I was just a lounge singer that got a lucky break but was too stupid to pursue it. I too hated the long hours and that lifestyle. I never wanted to be anyone but a lounge singer for fun in my husbands cocktail lounge, but one night I was heard by Fats Dominos manager and things happened from there, too fast for me to comprehend. I did love the Opry and the people like George Jones and many others. I had just gotten a new recording contract from Columbia Records when I began to throw up 24/7 pregnant with my second son. Hard to sing when your up chucking every time you open your mouth. No, you never told us about singing in Reno. Me, I always wanted to write. I love words and writing, being alone, quiet and creating something great that might live on long after I'm gone. I only sing in church now and did do a solo a couple weeks ago but don't have the rang I once did. The whole experience was fun and I have lots of memories but would NEVER do it again. I am a writer and an animal activist, nothing more, oh, and a Boomer if Dotsie doesn't kick me out for being a big pain in the derierre to some people. [Wink]

#67355 - 11/13/04 07:02 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Wow. You have to have an awesome voice to be signed to a big house like that! I would love to hear you. Hey, if you want to reach the same notes you did in your younger days...wear tight underwear! Works for me.

You ARE NOT a pain. I think you're a wonderful person. If you get kicked off, I'm getting kicked off with you! So there, young lady. [Big Grin] [Mad]

#67356 - 11/14/04 08:49 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Tight underwear, humm, never thought there could be a good reason for them, I just figured my big butt was growing too fast, and to think I've been throwing them out to buy bigger ones. At my age and the way I've let my voice go untrained for so long it will never happen and like I said it was never my dream to begin with, it was my husbands fantasy/desire to make me a star. Me, I was thrilled to be a mom again, I loved my sons, my house on the lake, my cooking club and my animals. I was the original happy housewife and found the constant travel a real pain. To me show business really isn't all its cracked up to be and you really have to want it to think it is. I would rather just stay home and write and did just that....nedver have looked back, not once. Well maybe once when the money was tight, (smiling) now that is the best part, the good money, but when I write that best selling Novel I'll have a ton of money....Just like the Queen, right JJ???? [Big Grin]

Page 16 of 17 < 1 2 ... 14 15 16 17 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved