The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 64 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 9 of 17 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 >
Topic Options
#67277 - 09/15/04 01:49 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
So tell us Lady Di...what other animals do you have? Elephants? Tigers? 140.00 bucks? I want to be adopted...I'll be good, I swear...

JJ

#67278 - 09/15/04 08:08 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
I'm with you, JJ. I am housetrained, I eat over my plate, I don't shed (too much), and I leave a clean tub/shower after I bathe! I don't bark or chase cars, and I don't sound like your husband when I talk. I don't have fleas or ticks and I don't need heartworm meds. You won't need to clip my wings (although you may want to take away my car keys occasionally and lock up my credit card periodically). But, you CAN spend $140.00 a pop on me anytime you get the itch!!!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#67279 - 09/15/04 01:57 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Nows your chance Lady Di...you could get a two-fer

JJ

#67280 - 09/15/04 06:31 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
You're crazy [Big Grin]

I have Sammie, my dog and a cat, plus my daughter's little parakeet. A lot of the expense goes to Sammie's wooden, hanging toys. She needs to chew on wood for her primal mating habits although she doesn't have a boyfriend. Poor thing. What am I talking about. I should be feeling pity for myself [Confused]

I buy by the month. I really didn't get that much for $140 come to think of it.

#67281 - 09/16/04 07:13 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Why do I feel the urge to break out in "Old MacDonald had a farmmmm"

Now let me get this straight...you have a dog, a cat, and another bird...

and then there's Sammie who you taunt with wooden (not even real things for Pete's sake) to sharpen his mating skills of which he will NEVER get to use....

Zat bout sum it up?

Is it me or is there something missing here? [Eek!]

#67282 - 09/16/04 04:47 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
lalapaloosa Offline

Loc: Winters, California
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] I STILL think JJ and I would be the BETTER pets!!! I mean we could do some major sucking up to Di. Flattery, flattery, flattery. And then some more flattery, flattery, flattery. Maybe dinner served when she gets home, a little housework here and there (you do have cable TV with HGTV, don't you?). Companions you can actually take into restaurants, malls, and movie theaters!! And last but not least, we would actually be able to tell you if those pants that you are trying on make your butt look big!! LOL [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

#67283 - 09/17/04 07:01 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm laughing out loud! Nutty old broads!

Okay, there seems to be some confusion here. Sammie is my only bird and my daughter is visiting with her bird.

Sammie is a girl, not a nasty old boy bird. The wood chewing is a female birds way of attracting the male and it means, "Don't you think I'm sexy?" Hey, I didn't make it up. Read about it. And it's good for her beak...keeps it trimmed.

When we lived in Ohio and had 31 acres of land and a 13 stall barn, we had seven horses, two miniature donkeys, two geese, two cats and three dogs!!!! Green Acres is the place for me...and, my husband would come home from work and get on his tractor! Too funny. Sold the horses, gave the donkeys away plus the geese too and two of my dogs and one of my cats died. [Frown] We moved to a normal home in TN.

My cousin called and her African Grey has started talking again. He's talking in my aunt's voice, which she said is comforting in a way. My aunt spent a lot of time talking to that crazy bird and he even has her little congested cough down pat. Sammie has a cigarette cough like my husband. No, she doesn't smoke and he doesn't smoke around her [Big Grin]

#67284 - 09/16/04 08:25 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

LaLa...you had a good thing going there till you said we would "cook and clean her house" HAVE YOU LOST YOUR MIND? The Queen cook? and clean? I DON'T THINK SO....geeishh..

Lady Di (note the new name you have acquired)...I'm so happy to learn that Sammie is a she...we should have picked up on that since you spell it with an "ie" instead of a "y." Duh...on my part. The wood thing I'm not sold on. I mean chewing on a piece of wood doesn't send out sexy vibes to me...course then again, I can remember my Aunt Butterball dipping snuff and she always had dates...hmmm...you may have a point.
[Wink]
JJ

#67285 - 09/16/04 11:49 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Candice Johnson Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
This topic on eth forum is riot. These birds sound great. I would love to have a bird, excpet I think it would pick up a lot of bad words and habits in my house.

#67286 - 09/17/04 03:20 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Not to worry Candice...I've decided to open a bird training school...it will be called:

The Queen Jaw Jaw Charm and Finishing School for Birds

Now...I of course will need LaLa to help clean the bird cages, and if SMILES ever gets her new wood floors put down, she will be needed as well. Hey...come to think of it...we could use scraps of her new wood floors to give all the female birds during heat...or lust....or bird spooning or pecking or whatever the heck you call what they go thru....

any takers?

JJ

Page 9 of 17 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 16 17 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved