The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 66 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >
Topic Options
#67307 - 09/26/04 11:49 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Sammie is so famous she needs her own site and can you just imagine the hits she'd get. All her adventures should be put in a book and then added to as time goes by with newer books. Does Sammie want a biographer? Yes, I would apply for the job. [Big Grin]

#67308 - 09/26/04 02:56 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I agree...why don't we have Sammie as a guest writer on my site. I'll see if Trixie would invite her to be on there....????? Whatcha think Dianne? You think Sammie could be a guest writer for Trixie? Or if Sammie doesn't write, she could always be a guest of Trixie's and just be there asking for advice...Trixie has a large following that constantly seeks her sage wisdom...

uh huh...sure does.

JJ

#67309 - 09/27/04 04:17 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
Chatty: So, you wanna be The Kitty Kelley of the animal world, do ya? My sister keeps telling me I need to write a book about Sammie. I could add that project to the other five I have going. [Razz]

JJ: Now, explain to me exactly what you want Sammie to do again? I'm a little lost but then, it's Monday morning and I'm in the throes of menopause. Ugly combination.

#67310 - 09/28/04 07:46 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

okay...here's the scene.

Trixie has her own page which I host for her seeing as how she doesn't have any income and I can't seem to get her on any kind of gov't program...go figure. Anyhoo...lots of critters write to her asking for advice about one thing or another. You can read all about it on my homepage.

From time to time, Trixie writes her own articles and when I'm away from home, she sneaks on the computer and post them. She thinks I don't know but I have to ask ya...how dumb does she think I am? I mean there's nobody else there all day cept her. I...think....I...Hey, I'll get back to ya...I need to check on something.

JJ

#67311 - 09/27/04 08:29 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Oh, I've read the dog's, I mean...Trixie's column. So, you want Sammie to write a letter asking for advice? I think I could talk her into that. Let me ask her and she what she says.

#67312 - 10/04/04 06:48 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Sammie said she'd be happy to write Trixie for advice. Please advise how you would like me to go about this.

Sammie was on her perch and chirping at me (chirping means she wants something, talking means she doesn't) and I went to pet her and she took her beak and pulled my finger to her chest so she could climb on. She's never done that!

I was gone to NM for a few days so instead of calling my name when she wanted something, she starting yelling, "Brandi?" That's my daughter. They know who you are. Amazing little creature. This morning I woke to her calling my name and the dog's. She was ready to get up! [Big Grin]

#67313 - 10/04/04 08:36 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

oh just any old advice Sammie might need...usually it's in the form of a letter to Trixie, aka da Trixster...

Maybe Sammie needs help with her love life? The fact that you LEAVE HER TOTALLY ALONE while you run off to NM? hmmm? Maybe she just wants advice on what to buy you for Christmas? There are soooo many areas of advice that birds need, ya know? Sometimes you just have to take one in the hand and say...(get it? bird in the hand? huh?) hahahah....lololol...teehee...ahem..ahem...

Okay, whatever...JJ

#67314 - 10/05/04 02:38 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Now this is one for the birds!!! Last night I went out to dnner with a new friend from church and she and I were chatting when someone tapped me on the shoulder, it was my ex. He had come over to say hello and ask me a question...we usually don't speak thats why I was a little surprised. His question was if I had heard any more on the site about Sammie, what had she done now. I nearly fainted. Did he ask about Reeta and Rosee our dogs, NO [Frown] he asked about Sammie. I guess I talked about her even more than I thought I did. We use to laugh about her antics. I didn't have anything new to share but told him next time she did something adorable I'd send him an email at work. Is that hilarious or what??? Sammie the other woman, [Wink] hahaha, my friend nearly split a gut when I told her Sammie was a parrot.... [Big Grin]

#67315 - 10/05/04 05:08 PM Re: Sammie the Parrot
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Oh Chatty, that is just too funny. How strange! If Sammie knew how famous she was, there would be no living with her!

Sammie is currently practicing some kind of conversation. She mumbles things to herself until she feels she knows it well enough to speak out. She sounds like ET on Helium gas.

This morning she said: "Where's David? Oh. There you are, Hi, how ya doing?" David is my husband. She must have picked this up the last time he was home. She's downstairs as I write this, running through her entire vocabulary. Cracks me up. She's imitating the dog's squeaky (sp) toy. What next?

#67316 - 10/06/04 07:58 AM Re: Sammie the Parrot
TVC15 Offline

Loc: North Carolina
That Sammie is a riot and it must be fun never knowing what she'll do next! I've got cats and I always know what they'll do next. Don't get me wrong, I love em to death but they haven't been much fun since the kitten phase was over.

Page 12 of 17 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 16 17 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved