The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 105 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#67692 - 04/14/05 09:52 PM Re: Sun Conure - Newest Addition
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Checked out some information on this type bird and they are extremely intelligent. I bet he could be taught to talk if he doesn't already know some words. It must be such fun just to wake up everyday knowing hes there. Like a welcomed houseguest. No one would ever think he could be hit just because of his name and I also found out that the birds origin would allow a hispanic name like Pinata. You are so lucky and I hope you get to keep him. [Big Grin] Whatever hes called I'm sure it will suit him just fine.

#67693 - 04/15/05 04:37 AM Re: Sun Conure - Newest Addition
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
Hi, Vicki!!
I am a fan of birds, and have had two parrots in the past, a sun conure and an African Gray. The conure is not a big talker, but very smart and funny. My conure liked to cuddle up on my chest...very loving and sweet, and also!!! if I had him perched in front of me on my finger and started laughing, he would mimic the laugh, hilarious!!! He would also dangle upside down from his cage door teasing my cat! who would salivate, but KNEW not to bother the bird!
Birds are so much fun...maybe I better get one! Also, check out Victor the Talking Budgie on the Internet...Fascinating!
ARI

#67694 - 04/16/05 07:35 AM Re: Sun Conure - Newest Addition
Jersey Girl Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Birds are a great pet. You're right Ari, the conures are not big talkers but they are shreikers and quite the acrobat.

And watch out for the beak, little but razor sharp.

All this chat is making me miss our Zoe.

[ April 15, 2005, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Jersey Girl ]

#67695 - 04/15/05 08:29 PM Re: Sun Conure - Newest Addition
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Vicki, I can't wait for your next blog. [Big Grin]

In one way I want the owners to find their pet and in another way...I don't. [Frown]

On a name. You already have Jack so why not Jill? Depending on the sex of course.

chickadee

[ April 15, 2005, 01:31 PM: Message edited by: chickadee ]

#67696 - 04/15/05 08:56 PM Re: Sun Conure - Newest Addition
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Well, we're getting closer to naming him, I think. Hubby and I are drawing up a list of names that we both like and we'll choose one that we both can agree on. I'm kinda leaning toward "Bailey".

The bird recognizes Jack our dog and has started teasing him. He knows when he shrieks, Jack will come running. Jack of course is still quite fascinated with the bird. He woke up this morning and the first thing he did was go running out into the other room to see if the bird was still there.

I've tried tempting the bird with little treats but so far, he isn't interested. I've tried grapes, pecans, grape tomato, and cut up carrot.

Anyone have any other ideas?

#67697 - 04/15/05 10:31 PM Re: Sun Conure - Newest Addition
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Chickadee, I missed the part of your message about "Jill".. how cute! ..but, we think the bird is a "he".. at least that's our assumption. The only way to tell is either surgically or with a DNA test. That's what I've been told anyway.

#67698 - 04/15/05 11:16 PM Re: Sun Conure - Newest Addition
ariadne54 Offline

Loc: WV
I think I've heard that avacados are poisnous to them...better find out!
They should like any fruit, nut, peanut!
ARI

#67699 - 04/15/05 11:33 PM Re: Sun Conure - Newest Addition
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Ari, yes.. avacados are poison to conures, as is ice berg lettuce, and of course chocolate.

Well, the carrot offer didn't turn out too well. He's turned his nose (er, beak) up at them.

I think I'm going to try some seeds/nuts and see if he likes that.

#67700 - 04/16/05 12:04 AM Re: Sun Conure - Newest Addition
Jersey Girl Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Our Greenwing loved strawberries and (I know I'm going to hear it about this) McDonalds french fries and Chinese spareribs.

#67701 - 04/16/05 01:20 AM Re: Sun Conure - Newest Addition
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

spareribs? How bizarre. I wouldn't think a bird would be a meat eater, but I guess so.

Well, ladies. I've decided on a name.

Bailey. As in Bailey Bird.

It's not very exotic, I know. But it fits how I talk to him and he seems to enjoy the sing song - ness of it.

Since I'm home all day, he's become used to seeing me walk around the house and hearing me. Especially when I talk to Jack. I swear, Bailey's first words are going to be "Jack, No. Bad Dog."

Jack's been climbing onto the sofa to get a better look at Bailey and he knows he's not allowed on the sofa.

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved