The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 86 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#67879 - 06/27/05 09:12 PM Re: Pit Bulls
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Dear Chatty

You nailed it...you're right, every dog has its own personality...but I've learned with the big dogs...because they are so devoted to their owners and families that you have the greatest opportunity to work with them and socialize them because they have this amazing quality of wanting to please.

Training...training...training...they have to know who's boss and you can't divert from it. In fact most of the big breeds do better with training than without because of the nature of the breed. Rottweilers were the dogs the Romans used to carry supplies....they also like to herd.

All of our Rottweilers would constantly follow us around...watch what we're doing...poke their head in the dryer when we fill it with close..inspect grocery bags we bring in.. They would never bother anything...they were just curious and wanted to learn.

They love training because it keeps their minds occupied. Dogs need to know where they stand. They are also amazing and they'll give you whatever you put into them and whatever you expect from them.

With love
Leigha

#67880 - 06/28/05 12:10 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I'm not a fan of Pitt Bulls but then, I never had one either.

Chick, did you get the bird yet? I've been out of town again.

#67881 - 06/28/05 03:49 AM Re: Pit Bulls
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
Leigha,

PitBulls are bred to fight. Dog fighting is illegal in most every state but it doesn't stop it from happening. People don't buy pit bulls because they're cute and fluffy. They buy them because they're scary. They buy them for protection. It's unfortunate, but most often they maim family members.

I agree that dogs, especially large breeds, should be trained. But a leopard won't be turned into a house cat because he's trained.

I don't know the original purpose of the breed, but today's purpose is protection - and fighting. And they have been bred accordingly. Anyone who forgets that does so at their peril. A person might have a pit bull for years and it dies of old age never having done anything more 'deadly' than chewing shoes. But are you willing to risk someone's life on it? I'm not.

#67882 - 06/28/05 04:12 AM Re: Pit Bulls
unique Offline

Loc: North Carolina
http://webninja.net/features/index.cfm

I found this page referring to the origins of pit bulls. I know more than I did; but I haven't changed my opinion.

#67883 - 06/28/05 04:57 AM Re: Pit Bulls
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
This subject is alot like politics, there are alot of different takes on the subject and NO one pat answer. I have been a dog foster parent, trainer, breeder, lover for more years than I can remember and have had every kind of dog you can imagine mostly when fostering. I truly believe in the good in all dogs but am I careful and at times wary, you betcha I am. Use common sense with any breed and if you fear a breed stay the he!! away from that breed and buy a fish.... [Eek!]

#67884 - 06/29/05 01:48 AM Re: Pit Bulls
leigha Offline

Dear Unique

I am aware of the pit bulls reputation because it has been bred for fighting...my response to the pit bull thread was in relationship to education...people need to be aware of the breed they have and the training involved.

If a breed exists it is better to be educated whether you own the breed or, not (ie because one has a fear of it. ie( the breed still exists...it's better to have knowledge whether you are an owner or not).

Pit Bulls create fear within people.
Any fear requires one seek knowledge to eliminate the fear. I don't know if you understand where I am coming from...I see everything from one aspect only...the spiritual aspect and power....and listening to the voice within as they are all the same thing.

Within that one does not encounter outside painful experiences. That is hard for many to understand...but once having reached that place...one sees things in an entirely different way.

In regard to me 'risking someone's life on it,' it's none of my business with regard to the decisions people make. It is their decision to be fully informed with regard to any type of decision that they make in their life.

In this world we take power away from the people by denying and getting rid of whatever can hurt other people...without teaching them how to change.

The truth is...unique that everything we experience that is negative comes from our own inability to connect with the power within...which has all knowledge...and I'm not saying this from an esoteric point of view...because I live it...it took many years to break the fear within and no longer experience pain from the outside world or horrible circumstances....

I took responsibility for my decisions and I knew where they were leading me to because I spent the time learning to see and getting every piece of information I needed along the way in order to fully make a decision that would only bring peace.

Now some would say we are responsible for other people and their pain because they don't have information or don't even think to look for it...but isn't that the case within the whole world....is everybody responsible for everyone else so no one suffers and no one has pain....no...the truth is...each individual has the ability and the power to erase the pain in their own lives and to make decisions that do not cause them pain....and that's when the real journey in life begins...when you tap inner power...until then people will always live in a crap shoot world...and again that is their choice..

Ultimately, when we realize that people are responsible for their own choices...then individually everything will change in this world...because it isn't just about pit bulls...it's about fear and all circumstances that derive from fear...but the human mind must always look outside of itself at outward circumstances, fearing to look inward to face one's own fear and thus be able to see more clearly within one's life.

There are many consciousness levels in this world Unique...the only way to address the fear and pain in this world is to address one's own...because you cannot protect the world from its fear or wrong doing...whether its breeding pit bulls which have an innate gene to fight, or fighting other people's civil wars because despots kill and starve their own people.

This game will live forever...until each individual starts seeing differently and only then can real change happen...and it will take years because of all of the different consciousness levels there's no doubt about that.
Unfortunately, people only learn from pain...

And while that's ongoing, if we take it upon ourselves to enlighten mankind..with regard to helping them to see that they must thoroughly investigate any choices that they are going to make before they take action, that's great.

With care
Leigha

#67885 - 06/29/05 05:59 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Leigha, I always have to read your posts a few times for them to sink in this brain of mine. You are so wise, but here's my problem. And I know I own it.

I love to protect.

Maybe I should begin a post titled this.

Would you be kind enough to shed light on why some people enjoy protecting others?

Just reply here and if you give me the go ahead I'll begin the post in another forum.

Have you visisted the Featured Author forum this month? I'd enjoy hearing what you have to say about panic attacks.

#67886 - 06/30/05 07:50 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I hope Leigha doesn't mind me posting this here but we've been PMing each other and she has helped me so much. All of her insight is based on loving knowledge, compassion and her hard learned lessons, which she so graciously shares freely. This is why I posted about her book on this site because it can and will be life or world changing if we could practice what she's learned. If, I say, because we have to be willing to go outside our box and possibly look a things differently.

It would make a wonderful thread, Dotsie. I always print out her PM's and read them again and again because although her words are deep, they are so meaningful I don't want to miss any of them!

#67887 - 06/29/05 10:52 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

pulled this back up because of the importance. Dotsie, maybe you could post it somewhere else or something?

#67888 - 06/29/05 11:19 PM Re: Pit Bulls
leigha Offline

Dear Dotsie

Thank you for your kind words Dotsie.

With regard to 'I love to protect', that's the first natural response which comes from the old brain. It's the warrior aspect...which I've got in spades with regard to reaction...we've all got it.

To break down what's behind the words....'I love to protect'...we have to understand that the human body is complex and fear was a prominent aspect in our ancestors lives...(if you look at history...nobody trusted anybody throughout the centuries, ie the barbarian times...Roman Times ad infinitum...all the way to today)....however trust is finally starting to grow because of education within our world and the understanding of energy.

You see our first instinct with regard to protect is a) seeing a threat & b) eliminating the threat and that is the mind's response based on a perceived threat. The ego vibration within the mind (ie: the mind vibrates at many different speeds relative to emotions...fear...happiness etc. Our feelings govern, in many cases, the vibratory rate of consciousness that we let into our minds...ie we are what we think...we are what we have learned....our dna carries the energy of all the experiences of our ancestors...which means we also carry their memories...which accounts for some deja vu experiences.)

So what we have to do is look at why we want to protect...what is in us...what fear are we experiencing on a personal level, that causes us to fear for someone else.

We also have to rationalize if the fear is warranted...is there a real problem in this moment.

Here's the big question...'How do I protect my kids without them always having to perceive that they are living in fear.'

In order to do that one must give the children the tools of understanding their own connection to the inner wisdom within....a whole new education has to develop where children are taught the power within...from an understanding of science and energy....within religion we are taught the power of God but we are never taught we have power, or that the inner voice is power and thus we still have to rely on faith....faith being that some unknown entity knows what's going on and will protect us..however that unknown entity lives outside of us.

The truth is mankind has always worked to keep power from regular people because they operate from a sense of loss within their consciousness..that's why we have the rich and the poor...the folks (going back in time, where this started..centuries ago) fought to protect themselves and saw wealth as the protection...the world has always sought wealth for protection) but today...through education we are realizing that, yes wealth can help protect us and make our lives easier...and who wouldn't want it...wealth is a wonderful thing because it can be used to help people and has been used to help people who are less fortunate.

However...when we get down to the nitty gritty...the only real protection is the voice within...and the education that allows our minds to stretch...to open old boxes of perception that need an airing because of old belief systems that aren't getting the job done.

In understanding the make-up of the human mind and the body's energetic reactions we truly have power..

With regard to 'I love to protect'...the story I lived 'SUNBLOOD' came out of that...it was actually the warrior energy to bring truth back to mankind so people would no longer be controlled through lack of knowledge, so that they could see that they can make better choices....I wrote SUNBLOOD to protect and help people...but I also realized that what I had to write to protect people had to give them 1) an awareness 2) information that they may have never seen and 3) a way to see beyond the perceptions they have today.

Those are the steps to enlightenment...enlightenment just being....the opening of the mind to new choices, choices that empower the self and choices that empower others...choices to help others grow rather than choices designed to save others from their own lack of knowledge or ignorance, choices that stop them from growing.

Choices to help others grow...gives empowerment.

Choices designed to save others from their own lack of knowledge or ignorance...choices that stop people from growing by trying to protect them from themselves...is seeing a lack of empowerment within the other person. You are not allowing them to grow...

Mind you it's important, for example with children you to teach the kids that they have choices and you have to make sure that you give the children the tools to make the right choice.

For the most part mankind believes that the tools and education come from outside ourselves...and in one part they are right...our advancement with regard to knowledge and technology has allowed our minds to expand rapidly, causes us to constantly test our belief systems and that's good...we are breaching the mind's defenses and fear.

But the inner voice, along with an education and knowledge is a journey that is fabulous, exciting and fulfilling. Within that place one does not need to find fulfillment outside of oneself...but that too is a threat to outside interests because if you can be fulfilled within you no longer need products to fulfill you.

However, we will still by products out of need, want or enjoyment and once people realize that, especially in the marketing and advertising world we will all move toward a more inward understanding and peaceful way of life...with no threat to commerce....commerce being our main source of support, and thus on the opposite end our greatest fear that that support will leave..

Ultimately, the real fear we all face underneath all of the packaging of our fears....is death...the separation of our body and spirit...that's the ultimate fear that causes us to want to protect...

So in connecting with the inner voice..over time we come to trust that voice and thus that 'fear of death fear itself' begins to leave.

It can show up periodically...but our trust in something greater eliminates the fear over time.

You see fear comes because of a catalyst, it doesn't live in you permanently, it only shows up when a catalyst threatens or reminds you of separation, and that's linked to the old brain which is linked to survival issues and that kind of energy.

People also enjoy protecting others...because they have not completed their own growth...and they fear that others do not have the knowledge that they do, or the power that they feel that have with regard to how they protect themselves. Ultimately...it's lack of trust in life...and seeing love from fear.

I say this because I've lived it...I was always terrified for my son and so I protected him...until I realized, along with help of my brother, that it was important to give my son the tools to make wise decisions and to listen within! Not to be drawn to make decisions because of others or what is outside himself!

We also want to always protect others because our consciousness is always outward bound, where the threats live, instead of inward bound where serenity and peace live.

If you'd like to start a post about why we love to protect...that's great Dotsie!

With regard to the Featured Author forum I'll have a look and see what I can give you with regard to panic attacks.

With love
Leigha

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved