The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 101 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#67899 - 08/04/05 03:23 AM Re: Pit Bulls
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
They are real beauties Jersy Girl, so majestic looking.

#67900 - 08/05/05 02:01 AM Re: Pit Bulls
aquamarine Offline

Loc: Wisconsin,USA
I own a female pit bull, named Sheba...I raised her with TLC since she was 5 weeks old, and she is a genuine sweetheart, and a she is also a good watch dog/great protector of her master!
As for the MEAN pit bulls, most importantly is the way they are breed/their bloodlines, and then how they are raised, and treated.
It is such a shame...I have 8 adorable, loving, and sweet puppies of hers, 8 weeks old...and I am having a hard time finding them good homes~ people just don't want to "take the chance" of raising a pit bull...and I can't get renters insurance either, because I own a pit bull! PIT BULLS got a BAD RAP!

#67901 - 08/05/05 04:43 AM Re: Pit Bulls
leigha Offline

Loc: british columbia
Dear Chicadee

I plan on writing more books. They're in my head right now and they'll show up at the right moment when the desire to write occurs.

I have found that with anything there is a time and season because one's path in life strangely enough is already marked...we tend to just discover it.

With regard to saying it is already marked. When you make a decision you create a line of energy where all the events that are required already begin to form...you just have to keep going and stay on that line of energy until you get the outcome. It is only in changing the mind that we start many other lines of energy and experience other events. To some this would appear as chaos.

The masters within time have always understood that mastery of the mind and one's choices brings the intended outcome of anything we seek. So it is in our best interests not to let chaos guide our mind thinking that life is outside of us and that we have no power over the events in our lives. We have a choice! And that is the greatest gift that we could ever have...the ability to choose the life we wish to lead.

Mind you, I will write the sequel to Sunblood, and there's a book I'm going to write with my brother Duke. He's quite a bit like me with regard to his awareness, but he has a greater gift in the sense that when he speaks, he speaks in such a way as to help people remove any blocks in their path, psyche or emotions so that they can see a clear way in their life with regard to almost anything.

He's very good at helping people ground spirituality into action, which is where many people get caught because many teachings in this world just stop at spirituality. They don't teach people how to use this spirituality in everday life in mundane or important matters.

It will be awhile though before the next book is out. The anvil of time does not live within the heart of life, and so the moment gives it's precious light to the awareness of those that listen. And thus I will only know in the moment when the heart's desire begins to rise and truth rears its head. And then the story begins.....

Thanks for asking Chicadee and thank you for your kind words!

With love
Leigha

#67902 - 08/05/05 05:23 AM Re: Pit Bulls
chatty lady Offline
Writer

My son just purchased a 6 week old Pit Bull puppy he named Taz. He comes from a breeder that has raised the breed for 20 some years and not one of his dogs has EVER been involved in any mishaps, they all had wonderful families and most died of plain old age. It takes a good owner to have a good dog. I raised Dobermans back when they were considered to be the VICIOUS and untrustworthy dogs. Hah, what a hoot. My 7 were lap dogs and were no different than my Yorkies except in size of course. I suggest each person only buy the animal they like, can handle and then pray that no fool antagonizes them so they might bite.... [Razz]

#67903 - 08/06/05 01:51 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I've had three Dobies and they are doll babies. Big and scary looking but far from that really. One big male named Mookie Wilson used to ride in my convertible with me. He had his own sun visor, which made him look super cool.

I wanted to add that Sammie is now calling Vino. What a crack up!

#67904 - 08/06/05 10:02 PM Re: Pit Bulls
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Leigha, I am still reading Sunblood. I patiently await its sequel. Let us know when you and your brother publish your book. Yes, I will patiently wait that one too.
Thank you for all your pit-bull stories. I am also looking for information on any pit Bull that was "lovingly" raised and turned on it's owner or another. Does anyone have sound (proof) info on this. Do you know of anyone I could contact or better, would contact me?
I am thinking of interviewing some Vets too.
chick

#67905 - 08/07/05 12:38 AM Re: Pit Bulls
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Chickadee is it just Stafforshire Terriers (Pit Bulls) you are targeting or would you like stories of ALL the other breed of dogs that have turned on their owners for whatever reason? One of the worstg cases ever recorded was in Indiana some years back where 3 beautiful, pedigree adult Boxers turned on their owner and ripped her savagedly to shreds, she was dead and they killed the 3 dogs as well. There are numerous examples of dozens of breeds that have turned do we rid the world of all dogs???? What about nasty cat attacks? Or biting birds? See where this can lead? In the scheme of things this is a very minut occurance when you think of the millions of wonderful loving pets in this world.

It just upsets me that this breed has been chosen by HUMANS to turn into killers and fighters for greed and nothing more and I have seen the carnige left behind not by the poor defenseless dogs but by the HUMANS praying upon them because they are so strong in body and have such heart. They are targeted not because of anything they have done but from what has been done to them for too many years. I wish I could show you what these dogs go through from birth to be turned into killers. It is so horrible and so terribly cruel. Maybe trying to find out about all the good Pit Bulls that are out there would be a better book to write, or about the inhumanity and greed that some souless MEN posses that has caused all the hurt by the innocents who have suffered from cantact with a few of these dogs. I personally don't like the look of this breed and would not own one even though I have fostered two in the past who were abused ad still loving to those around them. I like little dogs now, fuzzy ones...Sorry, I will step off this soap box....

[ August 06, 2005, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#67906 - 08/07/05 01:03 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

BITING BIRDS? [Eek!] [Big Grin] Okay, I won't tell Sammie you even mentioned this. You are the president of her Vegas Fan Club, right? Or is that your ex husband who is?

#67907 - 08/07/05 01:25 AM Re: Pit Bulls
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Its me I'm her fan club President but my ex has talked about her alot at his office and they are always asking about her. We rarely speak, he and I but every now and then he'll call and ask if Sammie has done anything funny lately? The girls in his office ask him to find out. The Nursing home staff and residents are also in her fan club....

#67908 - 08/07/05 02:55 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Okay, here is some more news on her. When I was gone she must have gotten tired of hanging around her cage so she jumped off and walked on the floor, following my daughter all over the house. Brandi said it was so cute. Followed her into the bathroom, around the kitchen and everywhere she went. My grandsons were here so of course, Sammie is now calling, "Aunt Brandi, where are you?"

I keep her cage covered in the mornings until I've fed the dogs and she starts out real sweet and soft saying, "Hello. Bonjour. Good Morning." Then she gets irritated with me and yells, "DIANNE!" I know it's time to uncover the cage and feed her. She's very bossy.

She's also singing the first part of an Usher song. Not sure where she heard it but it's cute.

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved