The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 88 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#67919 - 10/07/05 04:34 AM Re: Pit Bulls
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I always was a German Shepard and Doberman person and had a St. Bernard once and talk about drool but was she ever the cutest ball of fur. Then met a woman years later who was a Vet and owner of a large breeding kennel for Chihuahuas. Yorkshire Terriers and Tea Cup Toy Poodles...I became nuts about little dogs then too. But since I have been fostering for the ASPCA and SPCA and have taken in nearly ever breed possible in these many years I have learned to love and appreciate them all, some are scarier than others but ALL have responded to the love shown them and food, lots and lots of food, LOL

[ October 06, 2005, 10:02 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#67920 - 10/12/05 03:06 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Loc: Arizona
I have a scab on the end of my nose. Sammie wasn't happy with me and bit me! Bad bird.

Hey! I started working on my Sammie The Parrot book! Plus Chatty, I set up the camcorder in the kitchen and left it on. Haven't had time to check if she was talking or not but if she did, I'll send you a copy!

#67921 - 10/12/05 03:39 AM Re: Pit Bulls
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Oh thats marvelous but how much do you want to bet she remains silent? She is far to smart for her own good. Maybe tell her shes going to be a star. Gotta love this bird... [Big Grin]

#67922 - 10/13/05 03:24 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

Something interesting. Sammie is always calling my daughter's name and asking, where are you? Since she's been gone, Sammie hasn't said her name once, which shows she's not just imitating anyone. She knows she's not here.

#67923 - 10/13/05 09:42 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Dianne, that's gotta be kind of sad... [Frown]

#67924 - 10/13/05 11:04 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Dianne Offline
Queen of Shoes

I think it would be harder on me if she did call her name. Sammie's intellect amazes me.

#67925 - 11/11/05 07:34 PM Re: Pit Bulls
chickadee Offline

Loc: Alabama
Sammie is an amazing bird, Dianne. She is always doing something different. I love hearing your stories about her.

I just had to bring this up...I forgot to tell you gals about it. It happened before my fishing trip a few weeks ago.

I walked out the door to go to work at 7:AM, opened the gate, stood for a sec making sure I had my keys in my pocket when I looked down to find a six wk? old puppy at my feet.His tail was wagging as fast as it could and he was jumping up on my legs. I looked around for an owner(?)picked him up and...Gosh, he was just beautiful. Tan colour with the bluest eyes I have seen on a dog. I went back in the house, called MOH (my other half) who was still sleeping, from working the night shift and said. Look what I found, can we keep him... we're keeping him(?)his name is Blue. Sure, can't see why not Mr. sleepyhead said. Put him and Buddy(my Dog) in the yard so they can play together. Looks like a pitbull to me, he said....My heart sank. We're not keeping him, I said. I can't...I just can't.

I poured some food and water for the starving little thing and left him and a happy Buddy playing together in the yard. At 12 noon I got a call at work from MOH. He said "I found someone at work who wants the Dog. He is a good family guy and has been looking for a pitbull. I was sooo happy that I didn't have to go home and face watching that puppy leave.
All my research on Pit Bulls and one lands in my lap(pun?)...uncanny.

I just couldn't find a way to feel right about having a Pit Bull. I guess it goes back to my previous story about my Lab attacking me(he had a brain tumor) and researching and wondering why it happened.
So it's No Pit Bull for me...but he WAS the cutest thing I've laid eyes on.

chick

#67926 - 11/11/05 09:27 PM Re: Pit Bulls
yepthatsme2 Offline

Loc: Fredericksburg, Va.
Chick,

My son has a Pit-bull, ok let's change that...my son has a Pit-bull that I take care of.
When he first brought him to the house, he fit right into the palm of your hand.

Now, at 2 years old he is much larger, and so gentle. What facial expressions he has, I keep calling him Groucho, he has the eyebrows that go up and down when your talking to him.

Most aggressive Pits are trained to be that way. Sometimes the owner plays too aggressively and the pet learns to be aggressive. Or, no instruction is given to the pet. Roscoe has always been talked to firmly when he misbehaved, and plenty of love and kisses when he was the good boy. His brother on the other hand was raised by a young man who ruff-housed, hardly spent time with the animal, plus he was chained and spent summer and winter outside.
He stayed there just a little over a year, and was dropped off at the animal shelter.
I truly believe it has to do with how they are raised.

It so funny, I also have a little Mini Pincher, 7 lbs. max. She is so mean to Roscoe, every time he comes out of his cage, she runs in and takes his bone, (half the time barely dragging it along) he comes back and she growls like she's going to eat him up. So, Ross just throws those ears back to the top of his head runs to his cage and sits and pouts. They truly are just big babies...if you raise them as such.

Loyal and true blue...he waits to hear his daddy's car come down the street at 4:30. Smells his shoes, coat, hat you name it. When he walks in the door, no one in the world exits except the two of them.

Did you have had a bad experience with a Pit at one time or another?

#67927 - 11/12/05 06:47 AM Re: Pit Bulls
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I am in contact with Pit Bulls on occasion because I take my dogs to the dog park. Some are great and some aren't. One guy puts his in the park and he sits outside and lets the dog do whatever he wants, which is mostly humping, which as you know, is a domination thing for dogs. I don't allow that to happen to Daisy or Asia, when another dog is intimidating I take them for a walk to the other side of the park. Mostly, when there are problems, it's very evident that the owner is at fault.

Daisygirl

#67928 - 12/27/05 04:59 AM Re: Pit Bulls
luis Offline

Loc: usa
hello everyone
I am new here, decided to post in this topic (even though it's rather old)
but I care about this issue a lot.

here is what I think - and I would LOVE to hear back your opinions

I think if someone has a dog, no matter what breed that dog is, and s/he loves that dog,
I mean LOVES (that includes proper training too) and not treating it as a toy, I see no reason this dog turns into a monster. Even if it's such a scarry looking dog like a pit-bull.
I agree - you never know what to expect from a dog, especially from a dog of a big size with big scarry teeth, but hey sometimes (quite often) we do not know what to expect from people !! and not always appearance is what frightens or allerts us. should we ban that kind of ppl too? Seriously, I think that people who train dogs to be monsters should be banned (and also be afraid of) rather than pit-bulls.

Page 6 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved