The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 98 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#67939 - 04/13/06 11:53 PM Re: Pit Bulls
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Well we could go on and on about this all day more than one breed has been thought vicious from time to time. Several years ago 4 boxers in Indiana (sorry Trixster) were walking the beach with their owner as they had done for 6 years when one suddenly turned and attacked her then they all joined in. She was of course killed and when found the dogs were all around her protecting her remains from the police, the dogs had to be shot. Dobermans had a bad rap for years and still do with some people...Oh and least we forget the Rottweilers they can also be vicious, hey so can a chihuahua. Chowhuahua, if you were use to handling alpha males you should have known your actions to that dog were confrontational...sorry you were bitten but!!! I have been handling so called 'vicious dogs' for over 30 years now, dogs that have been starved, beaten, mamed, tortured by humans or just plain wild dogs never owned by anyone and were thought lost causes. Out of about 60 or so only half a dozen were euthanized because they could not be controled or gentled with time and attention, their abuse had been too grave for too long. I tell my friends and colleagues, "its a crap shot," and it is too. Of my own two Yorkies both less than 10 pounds, one is gentle and sweet while the other I don't trust around strangers. Both raised exactly the same way yet the older one (by 16 minutes) is the protecter. All I advise is too be careful and avoid large dogs you don't know well...and keep your face away from small cutsy dogs too.

[ April 13, 2006, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#67940 - 04/14/06 05:00 PM Re: Pit Bulls
Dotsie Offline
Founder

Loc: Maryland
Chatty, sounds like dogs are a lot like humans. They are born with a temperment and soemtimes it doesn't matter who raises them.

But you already knew dogs were like humans...

#67941 - 04/16/06 03:00 AM Re: Pit Bulls
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I have to disagree with you on one point. Dogs and cats are far better than the average human. They are totally devoted, honest, compassinate, and love us to a fault no matter who else may come along. There only agenda is love and to protect us. All they need is a pat in the head or scratch behind the ear. Not too many humans I know posses those qualities, most are in it to see whats in it for them?

[ April 15, 2006, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved