The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 116 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#68072 - 09/24/05 12:10 AM Re: Flea Advice? Help!
irishmom46 Offline

Loc: Indiana
Fleas...they're awful, that's for certain. I have had inside cats forever and have had them contact fleas by sitting in a screened window area. I was amazed and astounded, but the cats NEVER went outside and there were no other animals in the house, so the window had to be the culprit.

#68073 - 09/24/05 02:38 AM Re: Flea Advice? Help!
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Were you aware that flea eggs can be brought in on the bottom of the shoes? In my home everyone removes their shoes in the laundry room entrance where the back door is in my home. NO one uses the front door ever, because I keep the front gate locked because of the dogs going in and out of the house. Haven't had a flea in over 15 years and I have a lot of dogs and cats coming in that I foster after being dipped...

#68074 - 09/24/05 10:35 PM Re: Flea Advice? Help!
judym Offline

Loc: AL
Fleas are a constant problem in the South, it seems as if they never go dormant in the yard. Actually, I think a lot of them come into our home on our legs and shoes, due to the fact that we have so many doggone squirrels in our area, they are always perched on our deck and just a-digging at themselves. At the first sign of fleas on any pet (dog or cats) bathe, put off flea bombs after we vacate for a few hours or do each room at a time, and frequent vacuuming and disposing each time of the bag. From what I have read, flea eggs can lay dormant and hatch up to 90 days after being laid, so the vigilance has to be an ongoing thing. Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved