The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 128 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#68879 - 06/21/06 08:49 PM Choosing a name...
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
So what is your pet's name and how did you choose it?

We have a fat beagle named Luke. We got him as a puppy, right at the time that Star Wars was coming out . . . hence, Luke (Skywalker).

How 'bout you?

#68880 - 06/21/06 08:52 PM Re: Choosing a name...
watt-a-dog Offline

Loc: Scotland
Tam Lin is the name of a charicture in a Scottish Ballad, can read here if you want http://tam-lin.org/ (its long so I dont wanna post it)
If you go to my website theres pictures of My Tam Lin (the Mastiff [Smile] )

[ June 21, 2006, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: watt-a-dog ]

#68881 - 06/21/06 08:54 PM Re: Choosing a name...
yonuh Offline

Loc: Arizona
We have two dogs: a queensland heeler named Peanut because when we adopted her and brought her home, she looked like a peanut with huge ears; a dobie/aussie mix named Archie 'cause when we adopted him and were shopping for collars I picked up one of those jeweled collars jokingly and my partner said that it looked like something Liberace would wear. We also have two cats: one white with a black tail who is named Eddie 'cause he looks like an Eddie; and a black cat with white markings who is named Schmoo because she has the same markings as Shamoo the whale. Silly, huh? There are long stories associated with each pet as my partner has a very vivid imagination!!

#68882 - 06/21/06 09:01 PM Re: Choosing a name...
Scissorart Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
My toy poodle Bijan, we named after the perfume. I couldn't come up with a name and my mom wears this. It just kind of fit her. Eclipse, my miniature, was named because she is black. Hagrid, my bouvier, was named after Hagrid on Harry Potter. My bouvier is very hairy and large.

#68883 - 06/21/06 09:16 PM Re: Choosing a name...
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
We have 2 cocker spaniels..one buff and white named Trevor...no reason...my daughter just liked the name...and a black one named Zeke...named after a cute little actor on a show called Paradise....they are the loves of my life!! [Smile]

#68884 - 06/21/06 09:17 PM Re: Choosing a name...
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Our American Eskimo is all white. So, we wanted a theme name. His full name is PR Vicki's Jack Frost, but we call him Jack for short.

#68885 - 06/21/06 09:40 PM Re: Choosing a name...
jawjaw Offline
Da Queen

Loc: Alabama
I have one dog that doesn't know she is a dog. Trixie is her name, and writing is her game. Her pic's on my homepage. I named her Trixie since her sister was already named Dixie...they looked liked twins and well, you know...

My son brought me Trixie, almost 13 years ago. She's ruled this house every since. She only goes out to do her business and prefers recliners and Law and Order, Special Units.

After my son got Dixie, and I got Trixie, he bought a registered boxer and named him Duke. I called him Duke of Stupid. I swear, that was the dumbest dog I've ever been around in my life. But he did give them 9 puppies. It was the only thing he knew how to do right.

For those of you that have a copy of my book, you've read the Dog Sitting 101 story of babysitting Trixie, Dixie, and Duke and making the mistake of leaving them alone in the house for about 20 minutes.

DON'T TRUST THEM.

JJ

#68886 - 06/21/06 09:48 PM Re: Choosing a name...
Dancing Dolphin Offline

Loc: Southern California
JJ, I just read your book last night (while my hubby was watching the NBA finals - boring!) and I absolutely loved it!!!! I'll be emailing you about it soon.

Our first dog was born in August, so we named him Augustus - very regal, don't you think? So once we realized he was quite a lovable doofus and not so regal, he became Auggie, and then Auggie-Doggie. (remember that cartoon with Auggie Doggie and Doggie Daddy?)

#68887 - 06/22/06 02:43 AM Re: Choosing a name...
Barkus Offline

Loc: Tyler TX
My Wire Fox Terrier is named Foxey, it just fit her. My Brussels Griffon is named Yuki, pronounced You-Key, she had the name when she came over from Hungary and I did not have the heart to change it.

#68888 - 06/22/06 02:54 AM Re: Choosing a name...
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Well, most of you already know about my puppy, since I was talking about her and named her months before she was even born!! But for those few who don't - I have a 3 month old Golden Retriever and her name is Aspen Gold. I chose this name because I live in CO and we have aspens everywhere. The leaves turn golden and she's a Golden, so it seemed to be appropriate.

What's really cute is my 6 year old came up with the nickname, Aspenola. (I don't know how to put that squiggly line over the "n"). It's perfect because of the Mexican heritage in this part of the country. Clever little guy, huh?
I also started the nickname Puppygirl.

[ June 21, 2006, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Bluebird ]

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved