The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 76 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#68889 - 06/22/06 02:57 AM Re: Choosing a name...
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Oh I remember Augie Doggie and Doggie Daddy!! Didn't think anyone else did!!

#68890 - 06/22/06 03:28 AM Re: Choosing a name...
AvalonBlondi Offline

Loc: West Chester ,PA
i remember them too Jackie!!! [Smile] ...JJ...I think I already mentioned to you that I copied the Dog sitting 101 story to send out to my girlfriends on my buddy list...it was such a hit they all went out and bought their own copies....

#68891 - 06/22/06 03:32 AM Re: Choosing a name...
CanineDesign Offline

Loc: Missouri
I have a

Havanese named Savannah because it's a popular name for girls in Cuba and her breed originates in Havana, so I call her Savannah from Havana [Smile]

Black Standard Poodle, named Ravyn well because I thought it was a neat name for a black dog.

Wippet named Phoenix, I met my birthmother a few weeks before I brought Phoenix home, and she lives in Phoenix and thought it was a good name for such a sleek fast moving dog.

Golden Retriever named Daisy, my daughter picked that out

Black and white mixed cat named Patches, well because she is patched [Smile]

Maine Coon cat named Raennah, because I thought it was a pretty name. Rayna means queen and she acts like one, I just spell it differant

Calico mixed cat named Annabelle, again because I thought it was a pretty name

Paso Fino horse named Tejano but his registered name is Mayoral and it was a hard one for people to say and I liked the name Tejano so I changed it

Paso Fino horse named Poeta, he came with the name

African Grey named Qena, which is a river in Africa

Blue and Gold Macaw named Portia, and I just liked the name and it is native for her country of origin

Cockatiel named Frodo after Lord of the Rings

Mini-Lop rabbit named Thumper after Thumper on Bambi

And that's my zoo! [Smile]

#68892 - 06/22/06 03:33 AM Re: Choosing a name...
CanineDesign Offline

Bluebird, my first pet was a hampster I named Augie after Augie Doggie [Smile]

#68893 - 06/22/06 03:41 AM Re: Choosing a name...
Bluebird Offline

Loc: Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Canine, you have all these pets NOW??

#68894 - 06/22/06 04:52 AM Re: Choosing a name...
CanineDesign Offline

Yes, but Tejano is at my trainers stable and she is selling him for me, I hate it but he is just too hot for me. I had a bad accident on him last Fall and haven't been able to ride him since out of fear, he is worth 7,500 and don't want him sitting around doing nothing when he should be in the show ring winning ribbons. Also Portia my Blue and Gold is going to be re-homed, she was a rescue and I never intended to keep her, I have a friend who has always wanted a parrot but can't afford one so I'm going to give her to my friend this weekend. But yes, right now I have all of those animals. You would think my house is crazy but really they are all well behaved, well cared for and we all enjoy them very much.

#68896 - 06/23/06 07:50 AM Re: Choosing a name...
Vicki M. Taylor Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I forgot to tell you about our parrot, he's a Sun Conure. Bright orange, red, yellow, with blue and green on his wings and tail.

He adopted us by flying into our back yard. For a couple of days I just called him "bird" because I didn't want to get too attached to him in case we found his owner. Eventually, we didn't find his owner, so we thought up a name for him. At first I wsanted something exotic because of his coloring, but my husband and I couldn't agree on anything. Then, the name "Bailey" popped into my head. It goes great with "bailey bird" so that's his name, and he recognizes it. We've had him now for a little over a year. He's definitely my bird. He tolerates my husband, barely, and thinks he can beat the dog up. He's not afraid of Jack at all.

#68897 - 06/23/06 02:02 AM Re: Choosing a name...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
Canine Design, I think I love you....LOL You are a real true friend to the animal world. I have had a similar line up in my home but most were passing through awiting their own permanent homes. You are the example of a real pet person. BRAVO TO YOU....My two pets are 9 year old Yorkshire Terriers. Their names at 8 months old when I adopted them, were Ash's Mystical Melosa Rita and Ash's Mystial Meena Rose. I brought them home and my son who had come over for Mexican food night was teasing and called them Rosa/Reta after that spicy seasoning with the same name and we've called them that ever since, Rosee and Reeta. Whats so odd is they are from a litter of 7 pups and they have never been apart even for a day and their personalities are like night and day...such different acting little dogs.

[ June 22, 2006, 07:04 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

#68898 - 06/23/06 09:44 AM Re: Choosing a name...
CanineDesign Offline

HaHa, well thanks Chatty my family thinks I'm crazy!! LOL It's funny though everyone asks how I can have so many animals in the house but it is surprizingly peaceful. The cats are pretty much either warming a lap, eating, using the litter box or off doing their own thing wherever that is. The bunny and birds are in their cages and out about once a day for some playtime. The dogs are usually found lounging on, or under something, chewing or sleeping or in Savannah's case guarding my lap against intruders lol. And most of the time the golden is outside as she loves it out there and she is a little too rough and tumble for my old whippet. My horse (the one who is not for sale) is at a boarding stable across town, which I hate but I live in town so that's just how it's got to be. I try to go see him every couple of days and he gets excellent care from the stable staff.

I really like the names of your yorkies Chatty. It kinda reminds me of a customer that had two very sweet adorable female pit bulls out of the same litter named Chili and Salsa. I'm not really a pit bull fan but these girls were true sweethearts!

#68899 - 06/24/06 07:05 AM Re: Choosing a name...
chatty lady Offline
Writer

Loc: Nevada
I hate to bring in a sad note here but Smoochie has crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. Too much internal damage and too much time apparently passed before help came. She was loved and spoiled, held and kissed to the very end. Thanks from the bottom of my heart for your prayers....

[ June 24, 2006, 07:41 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved