The Soap lady meets the Senator
baby chicks
Angel
Quilted Christmas Stocking
Latest Quilt
Shelter from the storm
A new life
Who's Online
0 Registered (), 83 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
3239 Members
63 Forums
16332 Topics
210704 Posts

Max Online: 409 @ 01/17/20 03:33 AM
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#68910 - 08/06/06 02:25 PM Re: Choosing a name... [Re: Lola]
Edelweiss Offline

Loc: American living in Europe
I did it. I called out loud "Heh Heh come here. My son popped his head in the doorway. What does this mean, JaMaPh? LOL

#68911 - 08/07/06 03:31 PM Re: Choosing a name... [Re: Edelweiss]
jjblue Offline

Loc: Pueblo, CO
We lost our 'Chelsea' girl (cat, tortie) last September. Finally, last week, I was able to adopt another. Her name is Castagna--Italian for Chestnut, the color of her eyes.

I love this site, there is a topic for all aspects of our lives!

#68912 - 08/07/06 04:30 PM Re: Choosing a name... [Re: jjblue]
Lola Offline

Loc: London UK
Hi, jjblue: Castagna! Bene. What kind of cat is she? My friend has a Burmese who I really, really fancy but the feeling is'nt mutual.

#68913 - 08/07/06 04:51 PM Re: Choosing a name... [Re: Lola]
jjblue Offline

Hi, Lola. Come stai? She is a cream domestic Heinz 57, rescued from a feral existence when very young. It looks like she is going to be a long hair, is very interactive and enjoys La Vita Bella!

#68914 - 08/07/06 05:04 PM Re: Choosing a name... [Re: jjblue]
Lola Offline

Sono benissimo, grazie. E voi? I would love to have a cat but could not make up my mind at the cattery last month. There were quite a few of us out to adopt and most were taken before I could decide. My grandchildren and I are going back to have another try this weekend.

#68915 - 08/07/06 07:06 PM Re: Choosing a name... [Re: Lola]
jjblue Offline

Molto bene, grazie. I find that the right kitten will find you--If you have been to the cattery, methinks you are ready! Your grandchildren will love helping you choose. Good Luck! I agree, Burmese are beauties--

#68916 - 08/07/06 07:33 PM Re: Choosing a name... [Re: jjblue]
Lola Offline

Yes, that's what I have been told. They choose you and not the other way around. I am just glad they are all well as they must have found a better match. I'm still brokenhearted though. Never mind, maybe this weekend. Thanks.

#68917 - 08/07/06 08:01 PM Re: Choosing a name... [Re: Lola]
Daisygirl Offline

Loc: Ohio
I used to have a Cocker Spaniel named Barney after Barney Fife, one of my x's favorite characters. Then I got Lily, named after a friend I used to have and Daisy got her name so she would coordinate with Lily - The Flower Girls.

You've probably heard me talk about her daisy collar and how everyone knows her at the dog park. The don't know me, when I'm with her, I get NO attention. It's like walking into a room full of men, at the same time as Miss America.

My grandboxers are named Brutus after the Ohio State mascot and Cleo, because Brutus and Cleo are mythical historic people.

laurapoplin.com

#68918 - 08/07/06 10:38 PM Re: Choosing a name... [Re: Bluebird]
Di Offline

Loc: NM, transplant from NJ
Ok, here goes...

Dog-kids...

Amber - 10yr old Aussie. DSD named her because of her Amber tri-color

Bonnie (what else would come next after an "A" name?)

Cocoa (what else would come next after a "B" name?)

Munchie aka Princess Munchkin..well because she looked like a little Munchkin when we got her AND she remains a Princess to this day!

Farmer...only boy. We wanted him to have a masculine name AND he rules the farm!!

For the cat...

Phoebe Snow (because, if you knew my last name in real life, it goes well with it!!)

Edited by Di (08/07/06 10:40 PM)

#68919 - 08/12/06 02:49 PM Re: Choosing a name... [Re: Bluebird]
Sandpiper Offline

Loc: Kissimmee, Florida
You all have such cute names for your pets. I have a toy brown poodle who is about 10 lbs. He was adorable as a baby. His deep brown eyes and color won my over immediately. I had never seen a poodle with brown. I didn't know what to name him so went to the Thesaurus and looked under brown and voila, found his name, "Rembrandt". He usually gets called Remmie, Rem, or B.

Then 7 months later his mom and dad had another liter and we got his brother. A little black poodle with white on his front paws and on his chest. My sister (lives with us) became his mommy. A student in her fourth grade class had brought her a rock from a volcano and it was called obsidian. It was black with white spots on it. So, she called her little dog "Obsidian." He is known as Obbie or Sid.

They are the masters of the house. These guys are now 15 years old. They, so far, are in good health. Thank God. The vets tell us that poodles can live to sometimes 18 years. So we are getting a bit worried.
They are our best friends for sure.

Sandpiper
www.tidedancer.com

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

NABBW.com | Forum Testimonials | Newsletter Sign Up | View Our Newsletter | Advertise With Us
About the Founder | Media Room | Contact BWS
Resources for Women | Boomer Books | Recent Reads | Boomer Links | Our Voices | Home

Boomer Women Speak
9672 W US Highway 20, Galena, IL 61036 • info@boomerwomenspeak.com • 1-877-BOOMERZ

Boomer Women Speak cannot be held accountable for any personal relationships or meetings face-to-face that develop because of interaction with the forums. In addition, we cannot be held accountable for any information posted in Boomer Women Speak forums.

Boomer Women Speak does not represent or endorse the reliability of any information or offers in connection with advertisements,
articles or other information displayed on our site. Please do your own due diligence when viewing our information.

Privacy PolicyTerms of UseDisclaimer

Copyright 2002-2019 • Boomer Women SpeakBoomerCo Inc. • All rights reserved